Teak_Pies

Club Legend
May 13, 2008
Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
SEN is reporting that he is in the squad for Sundays game because Nathan Brown has some sort on injury
Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing

jeez I hope he plays. worse than the g-train last year and that is saying something.

win/win for the saints too if hudghton plays as a result

I suppose our final team list is not confirmed until 5 tonight since it is a Sunday game. Thursday's team never means anything.

Bring him back Pies!!! I think for a one off game he will be very useful. Then retire him. But I have no doubt for a one off we can get quite a bit out of him. He is looking sharp and his marking is still good. Stick him in the goal-square on Dawson or Hudghton who do not run off their opponents anyway.

Then pump it long and let fate be the judge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really surprising decision by Collingwood. I would have thought that their best chance was to exploit St Kilda's lack of small defenders by using a fast mobile forward line with Cloke and Anthony as the only 2 talls. A forward line with Didak, Medhurst, Davis and Thomas looks far more dangerous to me than a more immobile one with Rocca in it.

What does Gherig have in common with this situation?

Gherig was finished, mentally. Rocca hasn't.
I think it's pretty obvious. Gehrig was a crippled old man who went on one year too long, played a couple of terrible early season games then showed average form in the VFL and never made it back (thankfully).

There's only 2 differences to the situation a) Rocca has made it back, despite being well past it and b) Gehrig was twice the player Rocca ever was, and still actually managed to bag some goals in the couple of early season games he played.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocca

Remove this Banner Ad

Back