Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
......Supernova. Anyone else watching it? Anyone else hooked on it? I have to admit I am, in a HUGE way. Which is amazing, coz I'm just about the most anti-TV person you'd ever meet, and ESPECIALLY reality crap. But RSS is different, for me, purely because it actually ROCKS!!!!!!
Who do ya think'll win? Who do ya like?

I don't know what to think of this Supernova band. All of the band members are legends individually but collectively on this sellout type show they lack authenticity and substance in my eyes.

The house band alone makes that show worth watching! Every one of them is a killer player. That drummer in particular is a mutha f*cker of a player!

Havent caught as much of this year's as i did last year with the INXS one, but the chick with the tats has a killer voice.

And i've actually played with Toby (The Aussie dude) in year's gone by and he has blown me away by how far he has come. He used to struggle to hold a note. He's no Johnny Farnham now, but he has improved 1 billion percent on what he used to be. Was always pretty handy with the fairer sex though.

Struggling to get into it over here due to the crappy timeslot that Sky have it on. The show is quite good with the house band, the songs the play and of course Brooke. But I doubt the actual band 'Supernova' will be much of a long term thing, however I am looking forward to their album.

Carlos said:
The house band alone makes that show worth watching! Every one of them is a killer player. That drummer in particular is a mutha f*cker of a player!

Havent caught as much of this year's as i did last year with the INXS one, but the chick with the tats has a killer voice.

And i've actually played with Toby (The Aussie dude) in year's gone by and he has blown me away by how far he has come. He used to struggle to hold a note. He's no Johnny Farnham now, but he has improved 1 billion percent on what he used to be. Was always pretty handy with the fairer sex though.

I hate reality tv, but this is another level. Love the house band's work with some of these people and their "ideas". The bass player must be melting in the hoody tops and beanies.

Love most of the song selections, eg Baba O'Reily last night (I'm back into The Who recently).

I assume you mean Dilana, not Patrice. Voice has a Marianne Faithful quality and she can rock as shown last night. Always takes chances with arrangements of songs and has not missed a beat. Pretty scary though. Should fit right in with Tommy.

Can't wait to see what their reaction is to the Mexican girl each week and what they are going to say to her. She could also be a set up as she keeps surviving.

Even though I've been a massive Rock and Metal fanatic for 23 years, my absolute favourite performance on this entire series was Dilana's take on Cyndi Lauper's 'Time after Time'. That sent shivers down my spine. I was gobsmacked when she said she hated it during the 'performance workshop' with JN.
The second biggest highlight was Tommy ripping the F*** out of Higher Ground last night. That RAWKED.......................

Remove this Banner Ad

Rock Star....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back