Rocket Eade, a perfect fit for Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

GO EAGLES

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Just the way he goes about it. Venemous sometimes.

All his experience and with a pretty talented young list

I think he would be a good fit and provide energy to the club

Sounds good to me.

If we do bring him in to coach us, he'll be linking up with Scott West again too, which also would be beneficial I think.

Melbourne could do far worse than appoint Eade. They certainly need a senior and experienced coach to bring out the best in their young and talented list.
I wont be surprised if he is given the job.

I wouldn't fight it. I just want somebody to come in and toughen these kids up and make them earn their place in the team. I think Williams would have a similar effect. I'm not sure who's better really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good coach but has coached the second most games without winning a flag. Can get a team close but can't seal the deal.

Perfect fit for Melbourne.:thumbsu:

Good coach but has coached the second most games without winning a flag. Can get a team close but can't seal the deal.

Might be more to do with his club being unable to support him with the financial resources required to compete with big spenders Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn and St. Kilda in recent years.

What Eade achieved at the Bulldogs was quite incredible; the AFL is not a fair playing ground between clubs, so you cannot simply determine the coaching credentials of someone purely based on premierships. Malthouse has had a far far greater opportunity to win a premiership because of the club he's coaching.

I don't think Eade could have done anything more at the Bulldogs; if ever there was an instance where a club not winning a premiership was not the fault of the coach, this is it.

I like the fit. Although I don't think he has it in him to win it, he will at least make Melbourne competitive which is a step up from now. Also who else is there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocket Eade, a perfect fit for Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back