BenMacAn

Senior List
Mar 23, 2008
Perth W.A
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I have been a huge Rocket fan but I am afraid to say he is looking like he is not the right man for the job. Our ending to seasons is shocking as now we are 4 losses from our last 5 starts after last years 6 defeats out of 7 starts. Our fitness coach should be looked at as he was given the boot at Geelong 2 years ago. We have no hunger or urgency to win which will not change before the finals and through the finals. Very disappointed member who again has been let down by our footy club. I will have posters like last week that say there are positives and we will change before the finals but I am a realist and this will not happen. We are GORN.

I have been a huge Rocket fan but I am afraid to say he is looking like he is not the right man for the job. Our ending to seasons is shocking as now we are 4 losses from our last 5 starts after last years 6 defeats out of 7 starts. Our fitness coach should be looked at as he was given the boot at Geelong 2 years ago. We have no hunger or urgency to win which will not change before the finals and through the finals. Very disappointed member who again has been let down by our footy club. I will have posters like last week that say there are positives and we will change before the finals but I am a realist and this will not happen. We are GORN.

Ive been saying for years he's a spin merchant but people just don't listen. They look for positives in losing? That to me is just defeat in its most sickening purist form.

Its amazingly similar to last season isnt it? Eade couldnt turn it round las year, and our fitness tapered off as well

If anybody tries to put a positive spin on tonight's effort [or lack thereof] they want their head read.

Just when you think the club has finally turned the corner, the players find some way of stuffing it up.

ive been a supporter for my hole life and have been a member for a a while now, but this past month has just about made me wanna give up following footy, at least our side, honestly, how can you play great footy for 14games, and in 6games decide to play shit, and its happened 2 years in a row, im seriously deciding not renew my membership next year

I don't mind rocket. He's always come across as a nice guy and has rarely sniped at the media, players or those around him - class.

Too nice though - just doesn't seem to be hungry enough at times.

Who knows - perhaps a secret September plan? :eek:

I don't mind rocket. He's always come across as a nice guy and has rarely sniped at the media, players or those around him - class.

So secret not even Rocket knows about it!

I've followed the Dogs all my life, and now I'm feeling like they've messed with my head one too many times...
I reckon it will be hard to get myself up for next season, no matter what they do for the rest of this year.
Following the Dogs is just too hard.

Perhaps we're tanking to lull the Hawks into a false sense of security.
:eek:

So secret not even Rocket knows about it!

I've followed the Dogs all my life, and now I'm feeling like they've messed with my head one too many times...
I reckon it will be hard to get myself up for next season, no matter what they do for the rest of this year.
Following the Dogs is just too hard.
Tell me about it mate...

They are probably more of a head **** than my ex missus! Thats saying something...

Rocket what have you done to our team?

Um, got them into the top 3?

Gee, some people are hard to please!

This reminds me of the doom & gloom after the NAB Cup loss to Essendon, then after a few weeks into the season it was all forgotten.

At the start of the season if you been told that we'd finish top 3, surely you would have taken it!

This reminds me of the doom & gloom after the NAB Cup loss to Essendon, then after a few weeks into the season it was all forgotten.

At the start of the season if you been told that we'd finish top 3, surely you would have taken it!

TCD....you are a very moderate poster and I consider myself to be fairly level headed, but there's a lot to feel bitter about at the moment.

Eade has to wear some of the blame as of course the players do. It will be a waste of a season however if we go out of the finals in straight sets without giving a yelp (pardon the pun). Unless we address the slump we are in quickly I have genuine fears for the club. It won't take a lot for supporters to jump off.

As for tonight, is there anything worse watching Brisbade flood, our players fail to hit targets and take opportunties, umpiring that defied belief, and commentary that was so biased it was nauseating.

Top 3 is after the finals not before. And only the grand finalist matters everything else is worthless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finishing top three means nothing if we get smashed in the finals.

Yes, I would have been thrilled to finish top 3 at the start of the year, but in the last few weeks we've lost to Carlton, North and Brisbane, and I have doubts about the last two rounds.

I don't want another wasted season, I actually want some success for a change.

Mate we have that spin from people for the last four weeks "if you told me we would be", but each week the scenario gets worse. Both the Cats and Hawks are building momentum and getting a good side settled, we on the other hand look a slow out of form rabble and if you think week 1 of the finals we will turn up and all of a sudden switch a magic light on then I am afraid you might be in Queensland with the Bulldogs at Dreamworld.

Love the positive vibe, TCD.
But gee it's hard to feel that way ATM...reckon I've just seen too many seasons wasted to feel like we're going to turn it around any time soon.

Might feel a bit better mid-week!

TCD agree with the bolded areas of your post, and I also believe that Eade is the man for the job. But while the response to the NAB cup game was well out of hand I have to say I think the performances over the last month and a half have shown that our players are mentally soft in that they are not capable of sustaining a team focused approach to the games, so I can understand why the supporters are upset.

Too many selfish players and Eade needs to have some stern words with a few of them, particularly those over the age of 23.

Exactly. Gee, if we'd lost an extra 3 or so games early in the year, and won tonight and were fighting for top 3, people would be applauding the guy - but now we've locked top 3 in a few weeks out of the finals, it's not good enough?

The season can't be reviewed until the season is over - and it's far from over.

TCD agree with the bolded areas of your post, and I also believe that Eade is the man for the job. But while the response to the NAB cup game was well out of hand I have to say I think the performances over the last month and a half have shown that our players are mentally soft in that they are not capable of sustaining a team focused approach to the games, so I can understand why the supporters are upset.

Too many selfish players and Eade needs to have some stern words with a few of them, particularly those over the age of 23.

Fair call & a much more measured post than most I have seen tonight. :thumbsu:

Sorry..... whilst I too am feeling very deflated by yet another uninspiring effort, and we are facing the prospect of yet another impending meaningless September I am not going to make a scapegoat out of Eade.
He's not the one missing the targets, turning the ball over.

Players need to take the critcism on the chin... not the coach.

I've been supporting the Dogs for 30 years.... and no matter what I will be a member again next year...and the year after... and the one after that... etc etc.
No matter how deflating the game or season, this is the team I've chosen for better or for worse to support, and I could never become so crestfallen as to turn my back on the Dogs.

Fair call & a much more measured post than most I have seen tonight. :thumbsu:
Coon Dog you must be the No.1 of the posters as they all follow what you say but I am sorry mate I just can't agree and we just have to look at the history with us under Eade with our finishes, but I would love nothing more than in 6 weeks to eat all my words but I think I am pretty safe.
One more thing to everyone who is comparing now to the NAB Cup get over that line as we started training before everyone and it was a good time to get some cheap wins but know everyone is improving who is in contention but we are heading backwards you will find it a lot harder to pull it around now than at the beginning of the year as the players minds are starting to play games with themselves thanks to Rockets leadership.

Sorry..... whilst I too am feeling very deflated by yet another uninspiring effort, and we are facing the prospect of yet another impending meaningless September I am not going to make a scapegoat out of Eade.
He's not the one missing the targets, turning the ball over.

Players need to take the critcism on the chin... not the coach.

I've been supporting the Dogs for 30 years.... and no matter what I will be a member again next year...and the year after... and the one after that... etc etc.
No matter how deflating the game or season, this is the team I've chosen for better or for worse to support, and I could never become so crestfallen as to turn my back on the Dogs.

Yes, and I am exactly the same.

But, I'm fed up with being continually disappointed, while other teams make grand finals and win premierships.

Well said YHF, that is exactly how I feel, no use getting all upset over losing against Brisbane it won't change the outcome. Let's hope they put it all back together again and bounce back next week.

There are, yes, and I'm sure he will have a few words. It's too late though.

When the coach makes statements like he has in reference to these last few games & Hawthorn, what do you expect? He gave the players an excuse to drop off and they have. At the end of the day, the buck stops with him - he's in charge, and at the moment, we're playing very poor football. The players AND coaching staff are both to blame because the fact is, they've BOTH dropped off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocket what have you done to our team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back