Rocket what have you done to our team

Remove this Banner Ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by always right
As for tonight, is there anything worse watching Brisbade flood, our players fail to hit targets and take opportunties, umpiring that defied belief, and commentary that was so biased it was nauseating.

I thought they were fairly crap as usual but the joy of another loss made them less noticeable. I hope the NAB Cup comments are not related to our form - would be surprised if Rocket actually believed that.

Lets hope the guys get their mojo back ...... getting Westy 7 back will be a good start.

Well champ it sounds like you are satisfied with being average because until we win a flag we are average it does not matter where you finish it matters about who wins the cup and a lot of doggie fans are sick of not getting there.
I think you need to study up as the fitness coach was sacked by Geelong as they were unfit and carrying weight then 2 years ago they got a new fitness coach who has turned them around not ours. 2005 and 2006 we came from being bottom, last year with 7 weeks to go we were equal 3rd, so not the same story except we look slow and unfit.
You should go down to the ground tomorrow and tell Rocket and the boys well done for the year and don't worry there is always next year.

Mate this is laughable. I am not really sure where you got the idea that I was satisfied. All I was alluding to was that we are in a better position to achieve success now than we were in your "golden years" of 2005 and 2006. We will make the top four so some credit has to be given to all involved at the Bulldogs for the effort so far. Will I be happy if the current form continues? NO! Will I be satisfied as a supporter without winning a premiership? NO!

Unlike you I believe the issues we are experiencing are predominantly player related and the committment they are bringing to games of late. You can pick out scapegoats such as the fitness coach, head coach or property steward but at the end of the day it is the players that must take on responsibility to how they attack each contest.

Seeing as though you are such an expert on the Geelong situation you would know that the major difference between their 2006 and 2007 seasons was the committment their players brought to the table.

Mate this is laughable. I am not really sure where you got the idea that I was satisfied. All I was alluding to was that we are in a better position to achieve success now than we were in your "golden years" of 2005 and 2006. We will make the top four so some credit has to be given to all involved at the Bulldogs for the effort so far. Will I be happy if the current form continues? NO! Will I be satisfied as a supporter without winning a premiership? NO!

Unlike you I believe the issues we are experiencing are predominantly player related and the committment they are bringing to games of late. You can pick out scapegoats such as the fitness coach, head coach or property steward but at the end of the day it is the players that must take on responsibility to how they attack each contest.

Seeing as though you are such an expert on the Geelong situation you would know that the major difference between their 2006 and 2007 seasons was the committment their players brought to the table.
Jeemak let's agree to disagree we both at the end of the day want our team to do well and have a crack at the flag. As I said at the start I am a rocket fan but hated when he talked about not putting much on the last 4 games, which other team supporters are talking about, let's head in the same direction and hope the dogs can turn it around and Rocket.

Jeemak let's agree to disagree we both at the end of the day want our team to do well and have a crack at the flag. As I said at the start I am a rocket fan but hated when he talked about not putting much on the last 4 games, which other team supporters are talking about, let's head in the same direction and hope the dogs can turn it around and Rocket.

Fair enough, if anyone other than us two are still bothering to read this thread they are probably getting a little of jack of it anyways!

Yeah, it got a little childish in the middle there for a bit, with Jeemark not being entirely understood, but his second to last post (or was it third to last) cleared it up and BenMcAn or whoever it was saw the light and acted appropriately. But it was a read and something to waste my time on. *grin* For the record, I agree with Jeemark that it is the players lack of commitment and not Rocket, who would just be a scapegoat, though if the club decides to do something at the end of the season if we don't win another match, then rocket may just be that scapegoat, although I doubt it.

Intertesting ideas though. If we don't start playing with more hunger and desire and don't win another match, then surely there will be some questions asked. As for now, I don't think it is panic stations yet. As another fellow doggies supporter who has been there through thick and thin, and seen us suck a whole bunch (being alot younger than a few supporters here and not being able to claim 50 years support being only half that old) I am not quite ready to give up on this season. We've seen bad, REALLY bad, and this just isn't it. So I'll keep hoping.

I'll talk to you at the end of the season. If we don't win another game, I'll be on all the doom and gloom threads. Probally saying "Gee, Ward looks good, and so does Reid. I can't wait to see J Grant and Bouman. And how about that 'insert draftee name here', along with Ayce". Just suppose I see that although we can't be satisfied with "form slumps" and whatnot, we are still going upwards, not downwards, and I for one am sick at looking at the negatives year in and year out, especially when we have a bright future atm.

after viewing this website for the last month or watever, i never looked at this thread coz i thought it was so stupid, but then due to boredom i thought id have a look! and i was right

There are, yes, and I'm sure he will have a few words. It's too late though.

When the coach makes statements like he has in reference to these last few games & Hawthorn, what do you expect? He gave the players an excuse to drop off and they have. At the end of the day, the buck stops with him - he's in charge, and at the moment, we're playing very poor football. The players AND coaching staff are both to blame because the fact is, they've BOTH dropped off.

How can you possibly be in a position to know if the coaching staff have dropped off? That's a ridiculous thing to say...

Yeah well I guess we can sack the coach, even if the players are the ones that are defining our performances. But if we do so, I guess we can't in the future have a crack at the Saints or the Tigers for allowing the playing group to get away with what ever they like, with a revolving door to the coaches office.

As for Geelong, they improved after they sacked their fitness coach who now is a member of our organisation, but at the same time they had serious question marks about their coach. We have taken on this fitness "hack" and have all of a sudden improved our ladder position by ten places from last year (although finals may have us finish lower than third, but at worst case it will be an improvement by five spots), with the same coach we had question marks over for the six months prior to the start of the season. So, do you think the improvement that occurred down at Geelong over the last two years and the improvement experienced at the Bulldogs this year is down to the staff, or is it down to the playing group? My bet is it's a case of the playing group raising their level of expectation on their own performances, and IMO this is the area where we have dropped off.

Don't call me "champ" and don't accuse me of painting a nice blue sky and not seeing the bigger picture. I'm using reason in my posts and I just have a differing opinion than you, mine is focussed on the playing group, yours is on the coach. While we may have had Cordy in 2005 and 2006 our ladder position at the end of each of those home and away seasons was ninth and eighth respectively. In 2008 at the end of the home and away season we will be in the top four. I'm pretty comfortable about where we sit in comparison.

This whole thread is just insane, but this is BY FAR the best post and daylight between the rest!

Finally some thought, logic and reasoning instead of the other rubbish that people write, pointing fingers, blaming people and accusing people of things when they have no way of knowing what is actually going on.

The reason I don't carry on and bag coaches and accuse players of not caring, is because I am in no position to comment on such things! It amazes me how people think they know things that only those at the club in the inner sanctum would have priviledge to!!!

Also iIf supporters think they are hurting more after a loss than the players and the coaching staff then you are kidding yourselves! The difference is, they have to get up off the canvas and prepare to go again the next week, Rocket has to face the media and remain positive and calm no matter how much he wants to go berserk!

While people jump on here and spend the week bagging everyone and coming up with statements and criciticsms that are just plain embarrassing and serve no purpose whatsoever!

I think the boys can turn it around but no matter what happens in the next two weeks, either us or Hawthorn will walk straight through to a Preliminary Final with a week's rest! That is the reality of it all, and if we happen to win that first final, nobody will remember what happened from round 16-22!!!

The reality is that Hawthorn too are struggling, having lost 4 of the last 8 including losses to Richmond and St.Kilda in the last 3 weeks! Who are a lot worse than the Kangas and Brisbane!

Get some perspective people, anything can happen this year and the excitement is just about to begin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocket what have you done to our team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back