Rodan!!!!!!!111

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference is Mahoney went back to the VFL and absolutely dominated for two years. What has Rodan ever done?

Plus Mahoney didn't just have a knee reco.

Lonie has averaged more disposals than Rodan every single year except his debut.

Rodan isn't in Lonies stratosphere, thats how little Rodan has actually done at any level.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-port-adelaide-power--nathan-lonie
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--david-rodan

Fine, if you're all about not giving a guy a chance before he even turns up, that's your prerogative. I'd like to see what he has to offer to Port before heaping ******** on him.

What does it matter whether Mahoney dominated at VFL level? He was still bagged pretty comprehensively when he was drafted before he even showed anything at Port.

Fine, if you're all about not giving a guy a chance before he even turns up, that's your prerogative. I'd like to see what he has to offer to Port before heaping ******** on him.
Ford, he’s not a rookie, he’s been in the system since 2002, he has had AMPLE opportunity to prove himself at both AFL and VFL level.

Who is he better than? Who will he replace in our side?

Ford Fairlane said:
What does it matter whether Mahoney dominated at VFL level?
It matters plenty. It means that he has proven he can contribute to a side at reasonably high level. Rodan has not done that.

Ford Fairlane said:
He was still bagged pretty comprehensively when he was drafted before he even showed anything at Port.
And perhaps unfairly, but Rodan is a completely different case to Mahoney for the reasons I've mentioned.

All jokes aside, now Rodan is a Port boy, we should get behind him now. Welcome to Alberton Rodan, i hope you prove your doubters wrong! :)
When he is on the field, IF he he gets on the field, I hope he gets 30 possessions and kicks 3 goals. I honestly do. Good luck to him, I hope he does prove me wrong.

Anyone up for a wager that he wont?

Lets say, I bet he plays less than 12 games and averages less than 13 possessions a game and less than 1.5 goals...

Negative nancy. why dont you get a cows membership ya
Ever heard of the saying - Dissent is the highest form of patriotism?

I am angry about Rodan being picked up because I care about the footy club and want it to be successful, I feel Rodan will not be able to assist us with that, and that there were, and ARE, better options.

Ever heard of the saying - Dissent is the highest form of patriotism?

I am angry about Rodan being picked up because I care about the footy club and want it to be successful, I feel Rodan will not be able to assist us with that, and that there were, and ARE, better options.

you, sir, are a Wrong William

you, sir, are a Wrong William
:D

Put your money where your keyboard is.

I bet you a years BF subscription that ;

morell said:
Lets say, I bet he plays less than 12 games and averages less than 13 possessions a game and less than 1.5 goals...

For me its win/win

If he does prove me wrong, it means he contributed to Port, if he doesn't, it means I get an avatar for free.

The difference is Mahoney went back to the VFL and absolutely dominated for two years. What has Rodan ever done?

Plus Mahoney didn't just have a knee reco.

Lonie has averaged more disposals than Rodan every single year except his debut.

Rodan isn't in Lonies stratosphere, thats how little Rodan has actually done at any level.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-port-adelaide-power--nathan-lonie
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-richmond-tigers--david-rodan

His been injured the last 2 years idiot. Pre 2005 he was a very good player, id hardly call him a dud. Rodan isn't in Lonies stratosphere no, his hardly had any time to shine. He was drafted in 2001 and that year he showed plenty of signs. Whats Lonie done? Dont give me those stats that mean nothing! Lonie is a soft reciever and has played every year, obviously his stats are going to be more attractive but unlike Lonie, Rodan uses the ball. Give him some time.

Id say just about every year we have some idiot no it all whinge about a certain recycled player drafted but the reality is most of them prove them wrong. You only have to look at 2004.

A few thoughts on Rodan.

As you know he won 2 Morrish Medals playing midfield.

After being drafted to Richmond I had high hopes for him.
I remember watching him in his first Preseason and he was impressive. Quickly nicknamed "Hoover" by the Tiger faithful as he pounced with sure hands on any crumbs and made his way in/out of heavy traffic. Finally we looked to have found a genuine rover.
From then on under Frawley he seemed to tread water going up and down rotating between midfield and forward. At one stage Spud even tried him in the backline :eek:

A lot of Richmonds draftees from that time struggled under Frawley.(ie Pettifer, Hyde) His lack of game plan, instruction, belief etc. confused the hell out of the youngsters. He never gave them enough game time in a defined role. The sure hands that Rodan had seemed to disappear and he instead he seemed to tap the ball in front of himself rather than take posession. Don't think he ever got a full game so I wouldn't read much into his stats.

When Wallace arrived Rodan was one of the most impressive in that preseason. Wallace gave him some belief back and told him he would be a starting player in the midfield. I saw some of these preseason games and he was on fire. Attitude was never a problem. He is a fantastic bloke who gives his all, the type of guy you want around your footy club.

Unfortunately, in Richmond's last preseason game he did his knee and missed all of 2005. 2006 was an average year for him as most are for someone coming back from a knee. He spent most of his time at Coburg and always copped the primary tag. He seemed to be ok in straight lines but his lateral movement and pace off the mark wasn't the same. I cant recall many players coming back from knee injuries who fire first year back. I also feel that if some of our players weren't contracted for 2007 (ie Ray Hall) then Rodan would still be on the list. The emergence of Foley. Krakouer still being contracted spelt the end for him.

Reports are that his preseason (at Essendon) has been impressive. Williams said on SEN this morning that he trained with Port last week. The feedback from Port's senior players was "get him".

I wish him all the best and would love to see him fire (not against Richmond though:D ). At pick 80 odd you would be better off having Rodan with a mature body and a point to prove on a one year deal than a speculative pick on a kid whom you will have to sign up for 2 years. You may well recoup the time and effort we put into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His been injured the last 2 years idiot.
Leave the insults out.

His injuries are even more reason NOT to draft him.

Tredders66 said:
Pre 2005 he was a very good player, id hardly call him a dud.
No he wasnt, that is simply a gross exageration. He did nothing in two years in a very ordinary side.
Tredders66 said:
Rodan isn't in Lonies stratosphere no, his hardly had any time to shine. He was drafted in 2001 and that year he showed plenty of signs. Whats Lonie done? Dont give me those stats that mean nothing! Lonie is a soft reciever obviously his going to get more disposals but unlike Lonie, Rodan uses the ball. Give him some time.
Rodan has played 65 games. Thats plenty of time to shine.

Tredders66 said:
Id say just about every year we have some idiot no it all whinge about a certain recycled player drafted but the reality is most of them prove them wrong. You only have to look at 2004.
I hope you are right.

Would you like a wager?

Leave the insults out. No he wasnt, that is simply a gross exageration. He did nothing in two years in a very ordinary side.
Rodan has played 65 games. Thats plenty of time to shine.

I hope you are right.

Would you like a wager?

It annoys me when people like you whinge about what might happen in the future then jump on the bandwagon when things swing around.

In 2001 he got a rising star nominatiomn in the year Judd, Riewoldt, Ball ect were drafted and was amongst the top 10 at the end of the year. Id say he was considered an exciting player. Obviously doing his knee in 2005 effected his performance in 2006 only playing a handfull of games, aswell as playing in an ordinary side doesn't help. 65 games really isn't much . His definately worthy of another chance if the players his been training with think so. It's not as if we could of better used that pick?

It annoys me when people like you whinge about what might happen in the future then jump on the bandwagon when things swing around.

Are you seriously questioning my loyalty? You, of all people.

Check my join date on here. It happens to be our second worst year in the AFL.

If Rodan proves me wrong, well, then good, no-one will be happier. I will be the first to admit it and will post accordingly.

My biggest gripe in this is that Ezard got dropped (unless we re-draft him) for Rodan. I would have Ezard before Rodan every time. This is seemingly contradictory to your ludicrous accusation of me being a bandwagoner and only getting on when the times are good.

Tredders66 said:
In 2001 he got a rising star nominatiomn in the year Judd, Riewoldt, Ball ect were drafted and was amongst the top 10 at the end of the year
Lots on players get rising stars awards and don’t go on. Rodan being a very good example. Corrie from Brisbane (who I would also pick ahead of Rodan) is another.

Tredders66 said:
Id say he was considered an exciting player. Obviously doing his knee in 2005 effected his performance in 2006 only playing a handfull of games
He played 22 games in 02 and 03, that’s 44 games straight of averaging around 10 possessions a game. He was a forward though! I Hear you say.

He averaged less than a goal a game for the same time period.

He then played 16 games in 04, again averaging around 10 possessions and less than a goal a game.

I’m not seeing the excitement.

Tredders66 said:
His definately worthy of another chance if the players his been training with think so. It's not as if we could of better used that pick?
Hurley?
Ezard?
Primsall?
Skipworth? *shudder*
Batsanis?
Jacobs?
Collier?

etc

Will prolly just get left in the SANFL.

When is the SANFL draft? Wonder how many of our draft picks the Magpies pick up.

Lucky to get 1 I'd think. We brought in 5 out of staters. Not sure about the crows. Should be enough to get to Port. I just hope Sturt take a crowie.

Its a risky pick. I hope they gave him a thorough medical at some point. Drafting a bloke whos come off a knee recon and couldnt make one of the worst sides in the competition is risky. His knee would want to hold up.

But hes a Port lad now so all the best to him.

Drafting a bloke whos come off a knee recon and couldnt make one of the worst sides in the competition is risky. His knee would want to hold up.

But hes a Port lad now so all the best to him.

i beleive we finished higher up the ladder then you guys last year? ...

:D

Put your money where your keyboard is.

I bet you a years BF subscription

For me its win/win

If he does prove me wrong, it means he contributed to Port, if he doesn't, it means I get an avatar for free.

Ha. As if anyone here wants to help you pay for THAT avatar.... :p

Anyway, I'm happy with using a pick on him at that stage of the draft. I liked him in his early days at the Tigers, I thought he would be a champ.

Reports are that his preseason (at Essendon) has been impressive. Williams said on SEN this morning that he trained with Port last week. The feedback from Port's senior players was "get him".

1. End of story.
2. Thanks One Eye.

"get him" - I heard Mark Williams on Sports Tonight say this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rodan!!!!!!!111

Remove this Banner Ad

Back