Rodney Eade

Remove this Banner Ad

Finey hosts a show on SEN, and the OP just got a mention.

Our team was not at all disciplined tonight. In the first quarter there were times when we were prepared to run the ball and try and use our foot skills to break the cluster, but after we messed it up a couple of times we stopped doing it, and moved the ball laterally. To beat the cluster you have to be disciplined enough to run and create space behind you, and take the opportunities to run and hit a target. The most dissappointing thing for me was our players didn't take ownership of the situation and were completely reactive.

Rodney Eade would choose his words from five or so weeks ago differently IMO if he had his time again. To blame him for the loss takes the onus away from our players and I cannot stomach that. Sure he made a couple of errors in the way he set the team up, but in the end our lack of committment to the contest killed us tonight, and our opposition demonstrated how you have to attack the ball if you want to win finals.

Agree Eade was ordinary tonight.

Hawthorn did not pull any real suprises.

They played their cluster and it appeared our only tactic was to try and handball our way through it. But we showed no run or will to do that and only made mistake after mistake and gifted them the ball.

When that tactic did not work .... there appeared to be no plan B.

We could not find a way through their zone. I sat up on the top deck tonight and it was clear from that vantage point. They owned the centre, forced us wide. Whenever we tried to handball through the middle they closed us down forced a turnover and pulled down our pants on the counter.

tassiedog;123477 The next 3-4 weeks will either make Eade a coaching genius or possibly end his coaching career. Right or wrong that's how the world works. [SIZE=3 said:
He won't get past next week with a coaching performance like tonight. I think it's time to bring Chocko home to the kennel.
[/SIZE]

maybe go for leigh matthews ~!

at least he was a tough bastard ! and his coaching style in his prime reflected that style of footy !

hang on, hang on here we are kicking s*** outta eade but quite frankly tonight was the players tonight was the most disinterested looking playing group i have seen from the bulldogs in a very long time. Once the players take there place on the field its outta the coaches hands. Its about time the players put there hands up and take responsibility, maybe it was the players that couldnt execute the game plan set. So lets get something right eade didn't get out coached the players got absolutely smashed in all areas of the game

hang on, hang on here we are kicking s*** outta eade but quite frankly tonight was the players tonight was the most disinterested looking playing group i have seen from the bulldogs in a very long time. Once the players take there place on the field its outta the coaches hands. Its about time the players put there hands up and take responsibility, maybe it was the players that couldnt execute the game plan set. So lets get something right eade didn't get out coached the players got absolutely smashed in all areas of the game
Bollocks........Hawthorn had a much better game plan in tems of pressuring the guy with the ball and we did nothing to combat it. I wan't a fan of their cluster but it worked well tonight.

We shit ourselves, and by we I mean the club!

Look I have said before a team does not get sacked but coaches do.Eade put himself out there with his masterplan for the finals 6 weeks ago and now it has backfired and the buck stops with him. In elite sport the coach is always the most important player and if the team is not switched on it is his job to get them switched on plain and simple.

When you play re-active football and not pro-active football, your out coached. The players surely didn't take it upon themselves to play out of possition. Now, at this level they should be able to play anywhere, but horses for courses. Lake was the obvious match up for Buddy, Akka is a finals expert so he should be your play maker and Welch should have been in the goal square. Rocket was out coached.

Bollocks........Hawthorn had a much better game plan in tems of pressuring the guy with the ball and we did nothing to combat it. I wan't a fan of their cluster but it worked well tonight.

We shit ourselves, and by we I mean the club!

What about some positive, straight down the guts footy for change? Just get someone like gilbee to bang the ball 70 metres straight down the guts ! I would rather see that style than chipping the ball around like meek, gutless wimps !

And i know some of you will say that the hawks would react to that ! But i didnt see us do that ONCE all game !

Attacking , positive footy straight down the guts wins games - not a meek, timid chipping style of footy !

When you play re-active football and not pro-active football, your out coached. The players surely didn't take it upon themselves to play out of possition. Now, at this level they should be able to play anywhere, but horses for courses. Lake was the obvious match up for Buddy, Akka is a finals expert so he should be your play maker and Welch should have been in the goal square. Rocket was out coached.

yr right - it was eades fault - however, i think day dreamer lake wasnt right for franklin - morris was right - it was hard on morris as the ball came down far, far too much , and this was the midfields fault, not morris' fault !

drunk butane?? on success son, on success.regardless of where we are on the ladder we have a culture of success.to be successful you have to have good management.regardless of how bad the players were its up to the coach and coaching staff to have your team up on the night.the game plan was flawed and ultimately the buck stops with eade.

Ox made a comment before the game that Aker would pick up Rioli. I laughed and told my wife no way would aker start in the back half.

I was stunned when aker went to rioli before the first boune.

FFS, this guy was wasted down back......Send a fit hack to shut down Rioli and let Aker do what Aker does.

Eade is in trouble my friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE=rip it up;12347924]hang on, hang on here we are kicking s*** outta eade but quite frankly tonight was the players tonight was the most disinterested looking playing group i have seen from the bulldogs in a very long time. Once the players take there place on the field its outta the coaches hands. Its about time the players put there hands up and take responsibility, maybe it was the players that couldnt execute the game plan set. So lets get something right eade didn't get out coached the players got absolutely smashed in all areas of the game[/QUOTE]

Spot on RIU.....Are you guys for real? What has Rocket done that would warrant his sacking? Outcoached? My **se!!! The players were absolutely atrocious tonight!!! The middle was non existent! The Hawks not only beat us, they hurt us as well!!! Where was the Bulldog Pride and Spirit? I listened to Chris Grant in an interview earlier this year and one relevant point he made was that the doggies list had too many "nice guys" on it, both on and off the field and he's right. Where are the tough nuts? We couldv'e done done with some tonight! We got absolutely smashed and other than Crossy and Griff, (and perhaps AKA to a degree), we didn't even put in a half effort. Buddy was teasing Lake, and nothing was reciprocated. Very disappointing.

Don't blame the coach. He's a tactitian and there is nobody out there who can do a better job IMO. Let's hope that unlike in the past we learn and the football dept. make the hard decisions in the trade and draft periods.

There is no way we can even consider getting rid of Rocket. Firstly, because he's a good coach who, for the first time in a very long time, has afforded us the luxury of a double chance in a final series almost 7 weeks out!! Who has achieved that for us in the past?

Secondly, because IF (and it's an unjustified IF), we wanted to sack him, we would have to pay out the remainder of his contract, and let's be brutally honest, we are struggling to find a major sponsor, (El Presidente, on tv at half time asking any potential sponsors to contact the club), so utilising funds to pay out current contracts wouldn't be the wise thing to do....

C'mon guys, let's be logical... The team let us down in a huge way, not the Coaching staff.....:mad:

The buck stops with the coach. It is his game plan. His tactics. His preparation off the team. It is also his recruiting policy and selections that govern the list. So it is all Eades fault this is his list and he still has no structure.

Ox made a comment before the game that Aker would pick up Rioli. I laughed and told my wife no way would aker start in the back half.

I was stunned when aker went to rioli before the first boune.

FFS, this guy was wasted down back......Send a fit hack to shut down Rioli and let Aker do what Aker does.

Eade is in trouble my friends.

yr right - it still perplexes me, and its 12.30pm

i mean - who has won 3 premierships ? Akka or Rioli?

Who deserves the respect in finals footy? Callan should have got rioli !The Mind Boggles... Honestly :confused::confused:

STUPID !

drunk butane?? on success son, on success.regardless of where we are on the ladder we have a culture of success.to be successful you have to have good management.regardless of how bad the players were its up to the coach and coaching staff to have your team up on the night.the game plan was flawed and ultimately the buck stops with eade.

A culture of success on the field, and a deplorable one off it. The buck does stop with Eade you're right, but the biggest issue with our club is the players never being held accountable for their lack of ticker.

[QUOTE=rip it up;12347924]hang on, hang on here we are kicking s*** outta eade but quite frankly tonight was the players tonight was the most disinterested looking playing group i have seen from the bulldogs in a very long time. Once the players take there place on the field its outta the coaches hands. Its about time the players put there hands up and take responsibility, maybe it was the players that couldnt execute the game plan set. So lets get something right eade didn't get out coached the players got absolutely smashed in all areas of the game

Spot on RIU.....Are you guys for real? What has Rocket done that would warrant his sacking? Outcoached? My **se!!! The players were absolutely atrocious tonight!!! The middle was non existent! The Hawks not only beat us, they hurt us as well!!! Where was the Bulldog Pride and Spirit? I listened to Chris Grant in an interview earlier this year and one relevant point he made was that the doggies list had too many "nice guys" on it, both on and off the field and he's right. Where are the tough nuts? We couldv'e done done with some tonight! We got absolutely smashed and other than Crossy and Griff, (and perhaps AKA to a degree), we didn't even put in a half effort. Buddy was teasing Lake, and nothing was reciprocated. Very disappointing.
[/quote]

yr quote sums it up - our boys are way too nice ! and i bloody hate that !!

lake acted like he was wearing a blouse tonight - where was the intimiation ??? SOFT !

yr right - it still perplexes me, and its 12.30pm

i mean - who has won 3 premierships ? Akka or Rioli?

Who deserves the respect in finals footy? Callan should have got rioli !The Mind Boggles... Honestly :confused::confused:

STUPID !

Why do we get a game breaker like Aker and play hin in a back pocket:eek::eek:

I think his standing as an elite coach has taken a battering. I am not a coach or tactition, just a long time broken doggies supporter.He came out weeks ago saying hawthorn was our main concern and during our poor form over the last 2 months gave crap excuses but I had faith he was going to come up with something special coming in to the finals.Been sprouting the dogs at work and everywhere I went that you'll see us at our best but again like the last 40 years I have to face everyone with my tail between my legs. Geez I feel bad

Wots he sposed to say. It's the PLAYERS who are CRAP.

A I said -it still boggles my mind mate.....

Just no logic if u ask me

Hey Guys.... Has it ever occured to you that perhaps maybe, just maybe, he started him there to disrupt the oppositions match ups? I don't think he stayed on him for too long.... He was moved into the middle as soon as he saw our "boys" copping a belting!!!

Hey Guys.... Has it ever occured to you that perhaps maybe, just maybe, he started him there to disrupt the oppositions match ups? I don't think he stayed on him for too long.... He was moved into the middle as soon as he saw our "boys" copping a belting!!!

He was moved to the middle after a half when the game was over. It was a shithouse move - lucky everyone else what shit, otherwise it would have cost us the match.

sorry, dont agree - that move was negative footy - and bad coaching - and it was like we were waving the White Flag before the game was even started !

What about using Akka to kick goals and inspire the boys, and lift the other guys confidence in themselves ?

Much more pro active if u ask me !

He was moved to the middle after a half when the game was over. It was a shithouse move - lucky everyone else what shit, otherwise it would have cost us the match.

I'm not sure about that one SBI. I'm sure the move was made towards the end of the 1st qtr. But I do agree that the whole side was atrocious and that Rocket couldn't have done anything to change their poor attitudes and efforts!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rodney Eade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back