• Yes

Votes: 64 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 16 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If they move trucking to Forrestfield where the terminal is, that would than cause all trucks to converse in that area so I would imagine that would be moving it to another suburb. And they wont do it due that because currently cheaper to run trucks and flow straight into the business parks.

What unions? Transport Workers Union and CFMEU would easily reject any change. If they 'pay there way' all that would do is pass on their transportation cost increases and the consumer and end user pays more. I agree they should pay but it wont happen.

Party donations is easy to determine
Both parties get money from Unions and Business.
Business give more to Liberals due their focus on free enterprise
Unions give more to Labor due their focus on unions and more on gov being the provider
Business's then will hedge their bets based on what's happening in the market.
E.G If Labor goes we going to build metronet they will get funding from train companies, If liberals build roads they will get money from concrete companies.
Unless they can cut outside funding altogether this will always happen

Party donations aren't that easy. Not every enterprise pours money into the Liberal party, and not every union is affiliated with the ALP. The AMA, among the most powerful unions in the country, certainly is not affiliated with the ALP.

There is a clear avenue for corruption when a company pays money to a political party and gets contracts with governments. If companies are paying donations with an expectation of favourable treatment, a) that is wrong and b) we can probably test if that is the case by tracking how the payments differ when the party is in opposition and when it is in power. Because if they differ, the donations aren't about policy decisions, but about kickbacks.

If it is just different industries supporting different parties based on their policies (eg rail transport friendly v road freight friendly) then I have no problem with that. Eg Chamber of Commerce to Libs, Nurses Federation to whoever supports their nurse-patient ratio campaign. If (using your example) a concrete company pays money to a political party, then its competitor will have to match the donation to the political party, or miss out on contracts. That is corruption. If the industry group pays, that is policy.

I would love to see a royal commission on party donations. I think that both parties would rather keep things swept under the carpet.

I would love to see a royal commission on party donations. I think that both parties would rather keep things swept under the carpet.
Ive done little research on it and cant find anything recently but 2010 leighton was funding both party's pretty much the same amount of money

Why would a company do that? Not for policy reasons, clearly.
Hedging their bets? An interest in the democratic process?
Check out 2012-13 some real big boys giving to both sides, banks, mining, gambling, farming i never realised companies gave so much. Also looks like libs raise a lot more money then labour but the unions provide a lot of advertising outside of donations to labour so both are close in funding

Check out 2012-13 some real big boys giving to both sides, banks, mining, gambling, farming i never realised companies gave so much. Also looks like libs raise a lot more money then labour but the unions provide a lot of advertising outside of donations to labour so both are close in funding

Can't do any checking ATM. Reckon it needs a bit of analysis.
But we are in the weird situation where the biggest advertiser this election has been WA's two biggest mining companies in attack ads against the National Party.

Can't do any checking ATM. Reckon it needs a bit of analysis.
But we are in the weird situation where the biggest advertiser this election has been WA's two biggest mining companies in attack ads against the National Party.
Haha agreed it's so weird main two I've seen is minerals council against nationals mining charge, and unions against liberals over western power.

He's bankrupted the state so I guess Barnett's assets frozen,declared bankrupt,liquidators declare proceeds will contribute to easing of state debt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A massive swing to labour and Bicton falling says otherwise and the good sense of the majority of WA voters have **cked off the stupidity that was Roe 8.
I seen it mentioned once tonight salim, the economy, job losses, massive debt, preference deal with pauline, the childrens hospital, 8 yrs in power, all these issues took precedence. Evem the ellenbrook train line was mentioned more
It will definitely be interesting to see if roe8 was all NIMBYS or if these protesters are for real and actually have something to say about other areas and will protest those issues as well.

I seen it mentioned once tonight salim, the economy, job losses, massive debt, preference deal with pauline, the childrens hospital, 8 yrs in power, all these issues took precedence. Evem the ellenbrook train line was mentioned more
It will definitely be interesting to see if roe8 was all NIMBYS or if these protesters are for real and actually have something to say about other areas and will protest those issues as well.

Labour and Greens have apparently won control of the upper house as well for the first time in WA's voting history. Environmental issues have played a big part in the result. Roe 8 was a major environment issue with all that I spoke to. People are sick to death with the destruction of our heritage.

Labour and Greens have apparently won control of the upper house as well for the first time in WA's voting history. Environmental issues have played a big part in the result. Roe 8 was a major environment issue with all that I spoke to. People are sick to death with the destruction of our heritage.
Greens didn't even gain a 1% swing there way that must be super disappointing. You could say a Cataclysmic failure with the huge swing against the libs, just proof there not relevant.
I suggest you widen the circle of people you talk to, fact is it was a minor issue as demonstrated by the voting

Bang on brother!!!

Greens didn't even gain a 1% swing there way that must be super disappointing. You could say a Cataclysmic failure with the huge swing against the libs, just proof there not relevant.
I suggest you widen the circle of people you talk to, fact is it was a minor issue as demonstrated by the voting

I suggest you speak to people who have a clue. Albert Jacob the minister for the environment who was in a safe Lib seat has been booted. Bicton the seat most involved in the result re the highway have spoken and the Libs have lost it. You are underselling the environment factor. Greens had a swing to them albeit small the libs obviously a swing the other way of gigantic proportions. There where a lot of factors involved in the result but any party that disregards the environment will do so at their peril.

I suggest you speak to people who have a clue. Albert Jacob the minister for the environment who was in a safe Lib seat has been booted. Bicton the seat most involved in the result re the highway have spoken and the Libs have lost it. You are underselling the environment factor. Greens had a swing to them albeit small the libs obviously a swing the other way of gigantic proportions. There where a lot of factors involved in the result but any party that disregards the environment will do so at their peril.
And you dont have a clue, we will just keep going around in circles, i didn't see marks victory speech did he credit roe 8?

Not worth arguing salim malik - we will get what we want when they dismantle this joke of a project in the coming weeks. A terribly flawed process from the start where the Libs have continually applied spakfilla to divert attention in the form of PR spin for months. Will be interesting whether Labor bothers diving in to the internal mess for political gain at all? Probably not worth it given their comprehensive win today and that we'll be seeing more than a replumb of the State Liberal Party over the coming year. Something they have desperately needed for a while -> Diversify the age and gender demographic Liza!

And you dont have a clue, we will just keep going around in circles, i didn't see marks victory speech did he credit roe 8?

You lost 'you're a crappy loser. Have a look at the greens vote in the metro area. Kingsley and Mt Lawley to name just two went to Labour because of the green vote and their preferences. Even staid old Nedlands had a significant green vote. The metro area is becoming more green focused . Get used to it or you're going to be one pissed off puppy.

You lost 'you're a crappy loser. Have a look at the greens vote in the metro area. Kingsley and Mt Lawley to name just two went to Labour because of the green vote and their preferences. Even staid old Nedlands had a significant green vote. The metro area is becoming more green focused . Get used to it or you're going to be one pissed off puppy.
Just watched marks speech. Wow you must be gutted. Mentioned not selling western power, did mention metronet, credited and thanked the unions and...............crickets.....
didn't mention roe 8 didn't say greens once didn't mention the environment once, face it your a sore loser salim. As stated before swing to greens less then 1% that sir is irrelevant

Back