Ron Artest

Remove this Banner Ad

I am quite surprised there isn't already a thread on the latest on the Artest situation. Has anyone heard something we ought to know about? How about hazard a guess at where he will end up?

The main teams in the running at the moment seem to be out of the two teams from L.A., Minnesota and Golden State. I can see him ending up at the Clippers. There are a few decent trade options that could eventuate there.

wilcox, maggette, i dunno if livingston is untouchable or not. I don't know if they'd want to mess with the chemistry after they found something that kind of works already though. especially considering artest's checkered past

I personally hope my wolves pick him up to keep KG happy. However, if it were at the expense of Szczerbiak i wouldn't be so happy considering the numbers hes putting up at the moment.

I wish they'd hurry up and trade him! My fantasy team is breaking even in most games (narrow losses,ties or narrow wins) even with 2 men down,Artest on the bench and not playing and Maggette on the bench injured. If we can hang tough until Maggette returns and Artest is traded then we look the goods.

isn't there a rule against traded players returning to their original club in the same season now? i think they brought it in in response to 'toine returning to celtics last season

MadRyan said:
Clippers would have to be ******ed to offload Maggette.

And the Pacers would have to be idiots if they take Maggette for Artest, Maggette is only good on the offensive end, & if we want a shot a winning the championship then we should be shopping around for a defensive minded SG who is able to hit the open jumper.

If the Clippers only had to give away Maggette for Artest, they will be laughing all the way to Indiana and back.

Wilcox and Livingston would have to be high trade bait. I can't see the Clippers giving up Mobley, and obviously not Brand.

The fact that Stoudamire has gone down in Memphis means that they are now a trade target, a 3 way trade with Pacers giving Artest to a team and maybe Johnson/3rd teams point guard to Memphis, plus the 3rd team getting involved, could see Memphis enter the Artest sweeps, but not to get Artest.

I've heard a 3 way trade involving the lakers, rapotrs and pacers (derr)

Toronto: Austin Croshere
Lakers : Jalen Rose, Ron artest
Pacers: Lamar Odom, Toronto's first pick.

something like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knowledge said:

something like that

Why would the Raps do that trade? I was thinking cap relief, but doesn't Croshere have a horrendous contract? So in essence the Raps give up Rose and a 1st rounder (probably high) for Croshere!:thumbsdown:

Knowledge said:

something like that

Was more:

Toronto: Scott Pollard, Anthony Johnson, Stanislav Medvedenko
Lakers: Jalen Rose, Ron Artest
Pacers: Lamar Odom, Devean George

Back Pocket Rocket said:
Why would the Raps do that trade? I was thinking cap relief, but doesn't Croshere have a horrendous contract? So in essence the Raps give up Rose and a 1st rounder (probably high) for Croshere!:thumbsdown:

Croshere's contract is the same length as Rose's. Essentially, it'd be a lateral movement, which'd only make sense if he played a position we needed..

The Rudy Gay pick isn't going anywhere.

Back Pocket Rocket said:

remember it is toronto we're talking about... :p

Latest rumour is Murphy and Pietris for Artest and Foster.

As a Warriors fan i'd go this deal in a second but i think Indiana would want more?

any latest rumours on artest.............latest i heard it won't happen to close to the trading deadline..........which i dunno which the date is

anyone listened to this yet?

B0007KWOX4.01-A1OL135C4I93MU._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ValkyrieNight said:
Latest rumour is Murphy and Pietris for Artest and Foster.

As a Warriors fan i'd go this deal in a second but i think Indiana would want more?

Bargain if i've ever seen one. Although pietrus will be a gun player and murphy is more than handy.

LukeHodge15 said:
any latest rumours on artest.............latest i heard it won't happen to close to the trading deadline..........which i dunno which the date is

According to hoopshype, Celtics GM Danny Ainge is interested in getting Artest to Beantown :mad:

celtic_pride said:
According to hoopshype, Celtics GM Danny Ainge is interested in getting Artest to Beantown :mad:

hopefully phil jackson can make a move to get artest to LA somehow without giving up odom. can't see how, but can only hope.

be interesting to see how kobe and artest get along. artest a great player but his head is so screwed its not funny, but geez he can play D.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ron Artest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back