jcmelb

Debutant
Oct 23, 2010
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea
I’m all for honouring Barassi and this seems like a good way to do it but what’s up with the design of it?

Why is the MCG on it from between 1992-2002 with the new southern stand but old members, Olympic and northern stands? What’s that got to do with Barassi as a captain, coach or player?

Surely the old southern stand from his playing days or just the ground as it is now.

Surely they didn't get AI to do it?

Attachments

• IMG_6424.jpeg
    IMG_6424.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 69
I’m all for honouring Barassi and this seems like a good way to do it but what’s up with the design of it?

Why is the MCG on it from between 1992-2002 with the new southern stand but old members, Olympic and northern stands? What’s that got to do with Barassi as a captain, coach or player?

Surely the old southern stand from his playing days or just the ground as it is now.

Surely they didn't get AI to do it?

Yer does seem a weird choice for a pic of the ground during that period of time.

Strange choice, but I think its more about the MCC Members Stand being on it more than the rest of the ground.

I like the concept of the Ron Barassi Medal. I am against those that say it is another VFL person being pushed as a legend on to the players of the national competition. Ron Barassi was the coach of the Swans when they were almost out of the competition. Ron was also behind the push for the national competition. One person said that if a Port or Crows win the Grand Final should they get a Russell Ebert Medal instead of the Barassi medal. The winning captain gets the Ron Barassi Medal, that's it.

About the ground in the background of the medal, it should be the old members stand that used to be there. That stand would have been there during the time of Ron's career, and would be linked to Ron's time at Melbourne. The only thing that I say why they went with the MCG as it was before the last renovation was it was like that when Ron last coached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Ron Barassi Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back