Ronchi Dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

One Day backup: Crosthwaite
Test backup: Paine

Agreed, although Ronchi's glovework has improved at lot, especially when he played in the windies his glovework for Aus has been better than haddin. I can't see Ronchi dropping so far of the radr after bn dropped from WA side.

No way, his batting is terrible, only a few first class half centuries, not a good average in one day cricket... They both have around the same skill of keeping though, but Crossthwaite is not a good batter at all. Paine is the backup, Crossthwaite is the backup to the backup to the backup to the backup.

Crossy can bat, his batting wont win him a test spot no one can seriously suggest that. But as an ODI keeper he would be capable, his keeping is pretty good. Whilst he has batted at 7 mostly for the vics who have bn at the top of ODD cricket for years now and crossy rarely comes in with time on his hand. He normally comes in the last 5-10 overs and has to blast some runs so he can fail or make a run a ball 20 or 30.

Crosswaithe stats are reasonable for him. sure they may not be up to Adan Gilchrists standards, but as one poster has said, he comes in with rarely little time left, only this summer has he not been able to get out of his attacking frame of mind when the times are tough. here are his tats from ODD cricket:

52 matches/
36innings/
9not outs/
556 runs/
high score 54/
20.59 average/
82.59 striek rate/
3 50s/ 0 100's/
60 catches/
8 stumpings.

Here are Graham Manous statistics for ODD cricket:

93 matches/
80innings/
21 not outs/
1301 runs/
high score 63/
22.05 average/
77.67 strike rate/
4 50's/ 0 100's/
110 catches/
12 stumpings/

hardly compelling stats for a ODI call up.

now for my personal favorite, and this he should already be playing ODI cricket ahead of Brad "throw my wicket away" Haddin. Tim Paine:

37 matches/
35 innings/
4 not ous/
1078 runs/
34.77 average/
64.36 strike rate/
4 50's/ 2 100's/
35 catches/
4 stumpings/

Paine does open the batting for Tasmania so that may help him into the National team if needed. Paine and Crosswaite are also the same age, so you may go with the better batsmen in Paine, I am ruling out Manou simply for his age, as he is not getting any younger.

My preferences are.

T20: Crosswaithe -> S/R of nearly 150 and average of 27.5
ODI: Paine -> Opens the batting for Tas, good bat, best bat of the lot.
TEST: Paine -> Best batsmen, healthy average, and has a F/C hundred.

just my preferences. Matthew Wade could come into the fray for Test cricket, but will have to work on his batting a little bit more, has a healthy average in F/C cricket, just needs to convert those 3 fifties into hundreds and make the selectors stand up and notice.

Any thoughts guys??

how old is Johnson?
he could become a very good player for the warriors

Just of the website www.cricket.com.au

Johnson, Michael (Rookie) (33)

Born: August 11, 1988
Club: Scarborough
Right hand Bat
Wicketkeeper
Height: 187cm
Weight: 89kg
First class debut: -

Played three matches for the Western Australia Second XI in the Cricket Australia Cup last summer, ensuring he would be recognised as the back-up wicket-keeper to Luke Ronchi in the Retravision Warriors’ squad. Scored 100 runs at an average of 50 and had 11 dismissals (10 catches and a stumping). Was a member of Scarborough’s victorious Retravision Shield team in the 2006-07 season and has spent the last off-season playing in Somerset.

---------------------

seems a likely prospect, although very tall, and seems a little bit big (89kg) could be a good prospect for the future, him playing cricket in England is a good idea, as that will be able to help with his cricket, alot,

has also played 4 matches inthe CA cup this season, batting 4 times, making 255 runs at a healthy average of 51. one hundred and one fifty will not harm his chances for the Retravision warriors.

Who is the better gloveman between Crossthwaite and Wade? Its not very clear as Victoria continues to play both (in both forms of the game recently) which I believe isn't helping the cause for either, and surely the better keeper should be keeping?

Wade is a S#!T load better keeper that crosswaite....

20/20 - crosswaite has been excellent...
One dayers - Crosswaite takes the gloves and wade plays as the 6-7 batter... got me F#!^ED why wade doesn't take the gloves... maybe crosswaite can't field to save himself... where as wade is a good fielder...
4 Dayers - Wade clearly ahead of Crosswaite...

Backups for test and ODI spot should be either Paine or Wade...
20/20 I think you would have to give crosswaite a look in along with paine and maybe someone from left field...

In summary WADE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crosswaite... In my oppinion..
Also Haddin is the worst keeper behind the stumps Australia has seen in a very long time.... Good batter but terrible keeper... gives away 4byes alot.. dropes balls coming in... Byes between his legs... Just terrible...

Cheers
Jacky

Crosswaithe is the better glovemen, by along way, Wade is just the better technically correct batsmen, that is why he is given the four day duties. although Crossy is a more attacking batsmen and thus given the role in T20 and ODD cricket.

:eek:..... Sorry but you have been grosely mis-informed.... Wade is easily a better keeper... His footwork and glove positioning is brilliant... and only 20 or 21yrs old... impressive...

Agree about Wade being technically a better batsman and Crosswaite being more attacking though...

Cheers
Jacky

We seem to be picking a few players out of 2nd XI teams lately so if anything this helps his chances.

Haha true, but they have all come from one state. I don't think we will see any others get the run the Speedblitzers get TBH.

Warner, Hauritz pfff... and Moises may as well be a 2nd 11 player at the moment. He has potential, but really.

Tom Moody really has done a woeful job whilst being in charge of WA. The are the 2nd best side behind the Vics on paper. He was a major reason they lost Rogers. We have seen Marsh and Ronchi underperform under him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson is a terrible keeper but decent batsman. Was awful in the 20/20 game v SA. Prob next in line because of his second XI batting efforts this year.

Moir from Perth CC should be given a crack. Much superior keeper, more experienced and much improved batsman (300 runs @ 40 this season). Showed plenty in his WA second XI opportunities.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ronchi Dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Back