AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
RZ Surf School & Chewton Tigers
SweetFA.png

Rising Star Rookie Award Season 38

maxresdefault.jpg

Greetings to Rookiesville Sweet FA Season 38

Welome all Rookies of the Sweet FA you are all eligible for the Rising Star Award that will be announced in mid Dec 2024.

Judged by the previous season’s rookie class it's aim is to identify and reward that one Rookie that is considered the bees knees and the cats pyjamas of their season with a view to many years ahead of productive participation in the Qootysphere.

Judging criteria for the award is via the secret recipe handed down through the decades and will differ from the EKA, that other Rookie award. We will be judging the Rookie contributions across all aspects of the Sweet FA.

No pressure it's the quality of your contributions that really counts.

The entire Sweet FA family wants you and values you as a contributor for a long time not just this season.

With this in mind we will not be nominating a weekly rising star. All rookies will be deemed eligible when the Rising Star committee meets to adjudge the winner. The purpose of this thread prior to the award ceremony is to highlight contributions made by a rookie. Sweet FA community- feel free to highlight something you think a rookie has done well if you wish.

We sincerely wish you a pleasant Sweet FA journey and look forward to all your contributions.

Thanks from the Chairperson of the Rising Star Award Season 38 and Season 37 Rising Star winner Pamcake1

Eligible Rookies Season 38
FreoGirl (Oobs) manicpie (Royals) jamesclean (Royals) Mr Cheese (Royals) p4p1 (Demons) Orange crush (Furies) brian_muz (Warriors) raffrox (Warriors) Raz (Swamprats) Giant YoYo (Wonders) The_Wookie (Gumbies) HinkleysHeroes (Roys) SSSSSS (Bears) PaPaPete (Bombers) mcgrath_truther (Bombers)

Last edited:
Ooo Baby Baby Baby Rookies

The
SAUSAGE ROLL MEDAL
is back
for Season 38.

SAUSAGEROLLMEDAL.jpg

The winner of the SFA S38 Rising Star Award will recieve the most illustrious, most superlative, most glorious
Sausage Roll Medal.

Tonga Bob tells us it was first struck in S30. Named after the talented and perennially EKA-eligible sausageroll this fabulous award has been won by the annointed few amongst us.
Those fearless Qooty players who dared where others quaked.
The golden breed of the SFA and a few others that struck it lucky or stole it, have this amazing fantabulous award for their starter kit trophy cabinet.

OR

The Star Badge Sausage Roll Medal

IMG_3090.png

Following on in Season 31 tony did a redesign of the Sausage Roll Medal for the Rising Star Award. Influenced by the urban cowboy styling that many a SFA player fancies, this design was a more pointed statement of the authority vested in the award winner and their duties in upholding meritous conduct and rough riding the boundaries of match threads.

For this season the S38 RS award winner will be able to choose which of the two designs they would personally prefer to match their lifestyle, hairstyle, posting style and trophy cabinetry.

Last edited:
The Rookies Rising Star Award History
By Ant Bear the Father of the RSA.

458140663_10233362097582804_1506937881820151243_n.jpg

The Idea.
It all started in Season 22. I formed a media conglomerate with a group of posters from various clubs, called the Amalgamated Qooty Media. It was an esteemed panel which included the likes of Kennedy Parker, Van_Dyke, tgrs, Rodney Dangerfield, Blacky and Footypie32. Operated by Sterge as an alternative award to the Mobbs Medal, initially as it evolved it became obvious that there was a gap in the medal program where rookies were unsure of the meaning of the EKA Medal, and had largely lost interest by the time that awards season rolled around. It seemed to me a good idea to begin to award a weekly rookie award, based on the minor league's Rising Star, and when the AQM rolled over into S23, this award was included for the first time.

Inaugural Season S23
The SFA Rising Stars award was created to recognise the onfield and off-field achievements of the best of these rookies.
"This will be a weekly nomination from the list of 60 rookies who have played less than 5 games before the start of SFA S23.
The weekly nominee will be decided on a combination of playing stats and posting stats, commonly called an "algorithm" by people with no idea of what an algorithm actually is.
Rules are that any player can only be nominated once, and at the end of the home and away round, the esteemed panel with decide which of the nominees will take home the (un-named) Media Rookie award.
SFA Season 23 commenced with the biggest influx of rookies that the league has ever seen. Over 70 new posters found their way onto the 12 club lists, and while the majority dropped out for some reason or other, at least no-one faked their own death.
The field of 17 has been whittled down to the final 3 by the esteemed panel of experts from SFA Media.
Inaugural Winner Elton Johns Wig

Taking Shape
By S24, this award had generated enough interest that it deserved a thread of its own, and in light of my takeover of the Swamprats, this was passed onto tgrs. Then Dingster took on the task in S25, and from there it was decided that this should become the responsibility of the previous season's rookie class to run as they see fit every season thereafter.*
This has proven to be popular, and a tradition that allows the sophomores of the league to maintain their involvement into a second season.
Many of the great stars of the league, from U2tigers, Barrybran and Riviat, to GremioPower, thewizardmelon and Falconista, have since hosted this thread, it is humbling that the award is held in such great esteem to this day.

Summation
This is an award that has endured and has captured the hearts of the freshmen and women of the SFA league, in a way that the more prestigious but elitist EKA Medal never has. Each winner is honoured by hosting the award in the following season ensuring the prestige and ongoing engagement as an entrusted caretaker going forward.

*Chairpersons Note; The specific criteria for the S38 RSA will be released shortly.
Thank you to Ant Bear for providing us with the history and also for his creating this wonderful award.

Last edited:

View attachment 2098713

View attachment 2098724

Welome all Rookies of the Sweet FA you are all eligible for the Rising Star Award that will be announced in mid Dec 2024.

Judged by the previous season’s rookie class it's aim is to identify and reward that one Rookie that is considered the bees knees and the cats pyjamas of their season with a view to many years ahead of productive participation in the Qootysphere.

Judging criteria for the award is via the secret recipe handed down through the decades and will differ from the EKA, that other Rookie award. We will be judging the Rookie contributions across all aspects of the Sweet FA.

The entire Sweet FA family wants you and values you as a contributor for a long time not just this season.

With this in mind we will not be nominating a weekly rising star. All rookies will be deemed eligible when the Rising Star committee meets to adjudge the winner. The purpose of this thread prior to the award ceremony is to highlight contributions made by a rookie. Sweet FA community- feel free to highlight something you think a rookie has done well if you wish.

We sincerely wish you a pleasant Sweet FA journey and look forward to all your contributions.

Thanks from the Chairperson of the Rising Star Award Season 38 and Season 37 Rising Star winner Pamcake1

FreoGirl (Oobs) manicpie (Royals) @xjamescleanx (Royals) Mr Cheese (Royals) p4p1 (Demons) Orange crush (Furies) brian_muz (Warriors) raffrox (Warriors) Raz (Swamprats) Giant YoYo (Wonders) The_Wookie (Gumbies) HinkleysHeroes (Roys) SSSSSS (Bears)

It’s the best award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha. I don't know how to do it any other way for future announcements, the thread is under construction, it's messy, its a building site!

Mate, I’ve been on your shoes before. Don’t worry. I know how it is.

Season 30:

Last edited:
View attachment 2098713

View attachment 2098724

FreoGirl (Oobs) manicpie (Royals) @xjamescleanx (Royals) Mr Cheese (Royals) p4p1 (Demons) Orange crush (Furies) brian_muz (Warriors) raffrox (Warriors) Raz (Swamprats) Giant YoYo (Wonders) The_Wookie (Gumbies) HinkleysHeroes (Roys) SSSSSS (Bears)
It seems the Baghdad Bombers rookie has already been deemed ineligible.

Story checks out …

It seems the Baghdad Bombers rookie has already been deemed ineligible.

Story checks out …
Soz Jabba73 I've fixed it now.
Must be something in the sweet water that makes the Bombers drop off the edge of the earth.
My appologies.
Awkward Cringe GIF by The Only Way is Essex

This is my first time around the merry go round
behind the scenes face GIF by Girls on HBO

Last edited:
My favourite award (mainly because I inaugurated it!)
Thanks Ant Bear my favourite award too.
I'm stumbling around a bit in the dark though so any advice is welcome.
Was just reviewing season 30 thread that Gremio bought to my attention.
If you or GremioPower could let me know is this medal still given out?

medal 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ant Bear my favourite award too.
I'm stumbling around a bit in the dark though so any advise is welcome.
Was just reviewing season 30 thread that Gremio bought to my attention.
If you or GremioPower could let me know is this medal still given out?

View attachment 2098805
Not officially. Tonga Bob created it.

I think we actually tried to make it official with the league and Chief, but our bid failed. Still, I could be wrong about it all.

Raz has already got this award locked up! In the bag
If you would like to highlight exactly why you think your Rookie would have the attributes to be a winner please do let us know. No one has it in the bag at this point in the season, there's a long way to go yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Rookies Rising Star Award season 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Back