Event Rookies Rising Star Award season 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello S38 Rookies,
the opening page is continuously being contructed as information on the award comes into focus, the latest installment is the history of the creation of the RSA award by the creator Ant Bear.
Fascinating stuff!
I will tag you all again when it's all completed.
Cheers.

458258190_920761733425959_2105324710218290428_n.jpg

Trying on outfits to wear today in the urban jungle.

for the best rookie of the season, the EKA, which is announced in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal (SFA B&F) Night.The SFA Rising Star award is different. It's not only different, but better.
This is an award that has endured and has captured the hearts of the freshmen and women of the SFA league, in a way that the more prestigious but elitist EKA Medal never has.
Wow. You R.S. recipients seem obsessed with EKA.
Given the bitterness umm, strong spirit on display here from winners of best 'players stats' and the most 'posts', :sneaky: I will graciously step aside from the honorable position bestowed upon me from the committee chairperson. I would not want to get in the way of the wonderful and creative re-framing of what the R.S. is and will become. I suggest the committee consist of players who scored more highly than this little horsie.
The R.S. now aspires to stand for greater things. Longevity and active participation outside of game day. This is a worthy and noble ambition.
One I can't be arsed aspiring to.

I wish the commitee and next R.S winner all the best.
😊🐎🍎🥕

Ps. Any EKA's out there, I lost that golden key pass to our elite pm. Help out a sister?

Last edited:
Wow. You R.S. recipients seem obsessed with EKA.
Given the bitterness umm, strong spirit on display here from winners of best 'players stats' and the most 'posts', :sneaky: I will graciously step aside from the honorable position bestowed upon me from the committee chairperson. I would not want to get in the way of the wonderful and creative re-framing of what the R.S. is and will become. I suggest the committee consist of players who scored more highly than this little horsie.
The R.S. now aspires to stand for greater things. Longevity and active participation outside of game day. This is a worthy and noble ambition.
One I can't be arsed aspiring to.

I wish the commitee and next R.S winner all the best.
😊🐎🍎🥕

Ps. Any EKA's out there, I lost that golden key pass to our elite pm. Help out a sister?
The either or postition doesn't need to be a continual issue.
In reporting on the history you and others can see it has been politicised as being so but I don't see it as such.
The Eka & the RSA are parallel awards, each covering different issues with a large cross over area.
In the embracing of both awards as being meritous and without privileging one over the other, it is possible and consequently preferable as it is all for the benefit of the Rookies and with a long term view of the health of SFA league itself.

That the RSA being the more democratic of the two by being judged by the sophomores of the league and therefore of it's time and adaptable to their concerns builds in a flexibility that the EKA doesn't have.
This should be embraced by all as it allows a creative approach to the awarding of merit.

I hope all participants, Rookies and Sophomores embrace both awards with open hearts and minds and the RSA in the spirit of which it has been initiated rather than continue a base resentment that one is better than the other when the league and the Rookies themselves benefit from both.

Last edited:

Alright, well if you don't post negative comparisons that will be good.They should co-exist in a positive way, and referring to EKA at all is not necessary and unhelpful.

I for one will welcome the changes in criteria to win this award. (Is the originator of this award ok with changes?)

I think the most important change needs to be removing sim based player stats as a part of it. Hard to take seriously with this, Despite so many worthy past winners. And quality over quantity of posts.

And if you are going to re write the criteria, it needs to differ from the EKA enough that they don't just merge into one medal.

Alright, well if you don't post negative comparisons that will be good.They should co-exist in a positive way, and referring to EKA at all is not necessary and unhelpful.

I for one will welcome the changes in criteria to win this award. (Is the originator of this award ok with changes?)

I think the most important change needs to be removing sim based player stats as a part of it. Hard to take seriously with this, Despite so many worthy past winners. And quality over quantity of posts.

And if you are going to re write the criteria, it needs to differ from the EKA enough that they don't just merge into one medal.
The Rising Star Award has changed and evolved from the history as posted in the opening page, that's one of the beauties of it.
I agree with you and I have not personally posted any negative comments of comparison between awards and nor do I wish for that to become a focus because it is a redundancy.
Both awards are very worthy and both awards are something for all of the Rookies to aspire to obtain.
The originator of the award Ant Bear is hands off and has been since the first year, he built that into the RSA Award with purpose.
The Sim has no standing or major effect and the season 38 Rising Star Awards criteria is currently being nutted out.
The fundemental difference between how the two Rookie awards are granted, judged and controlled doesn't lend itself to a merger so that will not be of consideration foreseeably.

i upset too many people and never win popularity contests .

The problem being an aspie!
It’s not the beez mate, and ironically the Nerd Club tried to kill it.

Strange then how big_icky (a Nerd Club leader) ended up running it last season ….. but then again, he won it in S26 (as Dav).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2098713

Rising Star Rookie Award Season 38

View attachment 2098724

Greetings to Rookiesville Sweet FA Season 38

Welome all Rookies of the Sweet FA you are all eligible for the Rising Star Award that will be announced in mid Dec 2024.

Judged by the previous season’s rookie class it's aim is to identify and reward that one Rookie that is considered the bees knees and the cats pyjamas of their season with a view to many years ahead of productive participation in the Qootysphere.

Judging criteria for the award is via the secret recipe handed down through the decades and will differ from the EKA, that other Rookie award. We will be judging the Rookie contributions across all aspects of the Sweet FA.

No pressure it's the quality of your contributions that really counts.

The entire Sweet FA family wants you and values you as a contributor for a long time not just this season.

With this in mind we will not be nominating a weekly rising star. All rookies will be deemed eligible when the Rising Star committee meets to adjudge the winner. The purpose of this thread prior to the award ceremony is to highlight contributions made by a rookie. Sweet FA community- feel free to highlight something you think a rookie has done well if you wish.

We sincerely wish you a pleasant Sweet FA journey and look forward to all your contributions.

Thanks from the Chairperson of the Rising Star Award Season 38 and Season 37 Rising Star winner Pamcake1

Eligible Rookies Season 38
FreoGirl (Oobs) manicpie (Royals) jamesclean (Royals) Mr Cheese (Royals) p4p1 (Demons) Orange crush (Furies) brian_muz (Warriors) raffrox (Warriors) Raz (Swamprats) Giant YoYo (Wonders) The_Wookie (Gumbies) HinkleysHeroes (Roys) SSSSSS (Bears) PaPaPete (Bombers) mcgrath_truther (Bombers)

I don't recall anything about the medal at all. Talk to the game admins.

What's a rookie?

View attachment 2098713

Rising Star Rookie Award Season 38

View attachment 2098724

Greetings to Rookiesville Sweet FA Season 38

Welome all Rookies of the Sweet FA you are all eligible for the Rising Star Award that will be announced in mid Dec 2024.

Judged by the previous season’s rookie class it's aim is to identify and reward that one Rookie that is considered the bees knees and the cats pyjamas of their season with a view to many years ahead of productive participation in the Qootysphere.

Judging criteria for the award is via the secret recipe handed down through the decades and will differ from the EKA, that other Rookie award. We will be judging the Rookie contributions across all aspects of the Sweet FA.

No pressure it's the quality of your contributions that really counts.

The entire Sweet FA family wants you and values you as a contributor for a long time not just this season.

With this in mind we will not be nominating a weekly rising star. All rookies will be deemed eligible when the Rising Star committee meets to adjudge the winner. The purpose of this thread prior to the award ceremony is to highlight contributions made by a rookie. Sweet FA community- feel free to highlight something you think a rookie has done well if you wish.

We sincerely wish you a pleasant Sweet FA journey and look forward to all your contributions.

Thanks from the Chairperson of the Rising Star Award Season 38 and Season 37 Rising Star winner Pamcake1

Eligible Rookies Season 38
FreoGirl (Oobs) manicpie (Royals) jamesclean (Royals) Mr Cheese (Royals) p4p1 (Demons) Orange crush (Furies) brian_muz (Warriors) raffrox (Warriors) Raz (Swamprats) Giant YoYo (Wonders) The_Wookie (Gumbies) HinkleysHeroes (Roys) SSSSSS (Bears) PaPaPete (Bombers) mcgrath_truther (Bombers)

Attachments

• Madonna .jpg
    Madonna .jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 0

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Rookies Rising Star Award season 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Back