Rookies x 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Not another Liam Bedfored pllleeeaaasseee :(

Bedford was snatched from Geelong who were going to re pick him, looks like he cracked the poo over that.

The rookie program is for taking risks on players and not paying too much, even more so now with the mature age rookie allowed.

I'd be more than happy to get JON with a rookie pick, as said before he's been at Richmond and away from home, it would be his last chance and the Eagles rated him very highly in the year he was drafted. He fits the profile of what our squad doesn't have much of so lets roll the dice I say.

We have very little to lose.

Bedford was snatched from Geelong who were going to re pick him, looks like he cracked the poo over that.

Personally i think thats massive Bigfooty myth.

If Geelong wanted him they could've made him their 'nominated rookie' just like Brisbane did for Joel Tippett, Hawks did for Garry Moss and Carlton did for Sam Jacobs. Maybe they would've contemplated re-drafting him if they thought he was better than whoever was at their last available rookie pick but they weren't certainties to re-draft him otherwise he would've been re-rookied.

Wouldn't mind Mitch Carter he does have talent.

Who do you think is in the mix Swannies ?

Not entirely sure RE. Keep hearing Johnny Bennell and Derick Wanganeen. Would hope Kieran King, then Ryan Neates is in the mix, then Luff, Mitch Brown, Josh Donaldson or Myles Pitt.

Still some half decent talent to look at I reckon.

Not entirely sure RE. Keep hearing Johnny Bennell and Derick Wanganeen. Would hope Kieran King, then Ryan Neates is in the mix, then Luff, Mitch Brown, Josh Donaldson or Myles Pitt.

What about Ricciardello

What about Ricciardello

I'm more sold on Myles Pitt tbh, but I do like Ricciardello but he and Lance Daly (both kicked about 60 goals in the colts comp) might need a year of seniors to prove themselves, IMO.

I would have thought you may have mentioned Daly? He's a Swans boy and supposed to be pretty good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what about Clint Garlett who was named in the centre of the 2009 WA

Colts Team of the year ?

Clint Garlett (Swan Districts) – Nippy, evasive 175 running HFF/midfielder. Played some games for WA in the 2008 U18 championships, was part of Swan Districts premiership winning colts team and held an AIS-AFL scholarship from 2007, however missed out on getting drafted last year (eligible as a bottom aged player).

I'm more sold on Myles Pitt tbh, but I do like Ricciardello but he and Lance Daly (both kicked about 60 goals in the colts comp) might need a year of seniors to prove themselves, IMO.

He obviously ticks all the boxes but hasn't quite got the fitness regimen as yet. I'd take him this year as I think he'll develop well enough to be drafted next year.

He obviously ticks all the boxes but hasn't quite got the fitness regimen as yet. I'd take him this year as I think he'll develop well enough to be drafted next year.

You mean Ricciardello? I'm very keen to see him at East Freo this year, good footy smarts and he should get some good opportunities there.

Here are some less well-known names to keep an eye out for, as I reckon the club would be assessing all of them pretty closely. They all have a bit of dash and x-factor about them.

Taite Silverlock

Josh Grabowski

Robbie Hicks

Joel Leeson

Michael Florio

James Keeble

Daniel Scott-Collings

Michael Florio is a good choice, I believe WCE will strongly consider him and Rhett Mason for rookie spots.

Both made the colts allstar side on the wings, but both played alot of footy right in the middle of the ground as well as half foward.

Both are elite kicks, Michael is a slightly better longer kick while Rhett's
shorter passing is a little better under pressure.

Both love to kick goals going foward, and are very good at it.

Funnily enough I dont see them playing on a wing at AFL level more in the middle rotation and high half fowards.

Would love either of them. :thumbsu:

(hopefully this posts works my internet connection as been so bad lately)

I like the look of Michael Florio.

Smart winger with elite athletic ability. Ball use by foot is supreme as is his agility and endurance. Can run and carry down the wings and finish with a long goal from outside 50. Outstanding performer in WA testing with 2.93 sec for 20m and level 14.7 beep test.

Has the height, speed, ball use and endurance to make a pretty damn good player.

Here are some less well-known names to keep an eye out for, as I reckon the club would be assessing all of them pretty closely. They all have a bit of dash and x-factor about them.

Taite Silverlock

Josh Grabowski

Robbie Hicks

Joel Leeson

Michael Florio

James Keeble

Daniel Scott-Collings

Add Gavin Roberts from Norwood and I'm interested.

Florio was brilliant in the times I saw him play Swans, so I wondered why he didn't get any invites, but hey, we'll keep them hidden!

West Coast interested in Lewis Broome and Ryan Neates from Claremont in the Rookie Draft on Tuesday .

Quote from Sunday Times

Handy Tigers colts midfielders Ryan Neates , Lewis Broome and Joel Coyne are strong candidates for Rookie list contracts .

Neates and Broome are in West Coasts recruiting sights , but were overlooked in last month's national draft .

Sounds pretty good , Broome is small forward type

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookies x 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back