Ross Smith resigns from Aberfeldie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a shame

thats a shame for Aberfeldie but i suppose it depends on who the new coach is. Is there anywhere on the internet I can keep updated with the latest news on the EDFL? Or do you guys know anymore info?

Apparently Rocky Ianello (sp?) is the new coach - has EDFL experience with East Keilor and last 2 years with Moonee Valley. Quite well respected and was going to be Ross' assistant in 04. To answer your first question the official EDFL site is crap as far as every day news goes.

Originally posted by McKernan5
Expect a fair part of Aberfeldies side to go to Tulla.

Who?

I know a lot of blokes at Abers. Harro and Harden have gone to Moonee Valley. Minton Connell could stay now. Their CHB is going to Cragieburn to be assistant coach while Brett Cook is apparently going to Yarrawonga. Was also told that one of their long time players is playing for some Eastern League club this year for something different. Have heard nothing about anyone going to Tulla

interesting

very interesting. As a West Coburg supporter I hate Aberfeldie so I would love to see them lose heaps of players. I know Tulla beat West in the B Grade final but i am over that and hoping to see West Coburg return to A grade.

Originally posted by McKernan5
Kinner is going and taken quite a few players with him due to his old man being there

Give us some names so we can tell if they are any good. After watching the GF last year Tulla need some big recriuts if they want to be competitive in A grade.

Will be appointed assistant coach to Leigh Tudor at the Western Jets. Interesting as son Jesse plays at the Cannons.

l heard Smith left because he thinks the money players are asking for is ridiculous and will send clubs broke and he dosent want to be apart of it.

There are no Abers players at Tulla there are none training at the moment.

Ah shimma you sound like a defeated man. Haven't given up on Tulla already have you. ;)

If your worried about coping a hiding by the likes of Aber's, Doutta's, Greenvale and Moonee Valley (your so called money teams coz they have some ex AFL players) then wait until you come across the likes of Kelior and Oak Park who are in an absolute league of their own.

A true smashing awaits you there.

Look forward to hearing your whinging after round 4, be sure to drop in for a drink. After all they are the life blood of local clubs and I know how concerned you are with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by The_Guru
Ah shimma you sound like a defeated man. Haven't given up on Tulla already have you. ;)

If your worried about coping a hiding by the likes of Aber's, Doutta's, Greenvale and Moonee Valley (your so called money teams coz they have some ex AFL players) then wait until you come across the likes of Kelior and Oak Park who are in an absolute league of their own.

A true smashing awaits you there.

Look forward to hearing your whinging after round 4, be sure to drop in for a drink. After all they are the life blood of local clubs and I know how concerned you are with this.

What are you on Guru where did l mention so called money teams where did l whinge .l wrote what l heard about Smith leaving and that there where no Abers players at Tulla.

Originally posted by schimma_20
What are you on Guru where did l mention so called money teams where did l whinge .l wrote what l heard about Smith leaving and that there where no Abers players at Tulla.

You come out with some utter absolute BS statement about the reason Smithy left and insult and cast aspersions about the club in the process. I really don't get why people post c**p. Then if it's not two seconds later I read on another thread about Moonee Valley's recruiting spree (Good luck to them for improving their club), you crapping on about Greenvale with an equally made up piece of garbage. The mathmatics of that one we just laughable. I gather you’re not the sharpest toll in the shed. Incidentally I actually took some time to find out how they snared Paxman and found out that his brother in law plays there and he is a childhood friend of their coach (much like how we got Loafy, not heaps of $$). He'd actually attended a couple of games while he was in Melb with Port. If you’ve ever spoken to guys like Loafy they'll tell you they play footy for the love of it and to put something back after 10 years at the top level. Not because they need a buck. Loafy was forever running junior coaching clinics to teach the kids.

Do some research and be thankful this year that you’re watching some quality footy for nothing.

Originally posted by The_Guru
You come out with some utter absolute BS statement about the reason Smithy left and insult and cast aspersions about the club in the process. I really don't get why people post c**p. Then if it's not two seconds later I read on another thread about Moonee Valley's recruiting spree (Good luck to them for improving their club), you crapping on about Greenvale with an equally made up piece of garbage. The mathmatics of that one we just laughable. I gather you’re not the sharpest toll in the shed. Incidentally I actually took some time to find out how they snared Paxman and found out that his brother in law plays there and he is a childhood friend of their coach (much like how we got Loafy, not heaps of $$). He'd actually attended a couple of games while he was in Melb with Port. If you’ve ever spoken to guys like Loafy they'll tell you they play footy for the love of it and to put something back after 10 years at the top level. Not because they need a buck. Loafy was forever running junior coaching clinics to teach the kids.

Do some research and be thankful this year that you’re watching some quality footy for nothing.

Whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Smith resigns from Aberfeldie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back