Round 1, 2008 vs Essendon. Votes & Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Official North v Essendon VOTES

As many others have said, very hard to give votes.

3 - Thommo (Nathan) - a welcome return.
2 - Thommo (Scott) - tried hard all day and wasn't his fault we got destroyed.
1 - Thommo (Lindsay) - basically for 3 goals. I wish he wouldn't go to ground so often!!!

Hopefully the worst 3 vote performance of the season...
same

3 Pratt
2 N Thompson
1 Thomas

Unlucky Harvey, S Thompson

A very good football observer who went today told me he rated grants game, so I'll defer sterner words, but from where I was sitting he did some laughable poor shit.

Must have been the same spot as me... not a good game. Didn't find space, he was given it. He lacks pace and relies solely on nous which, thank god, he has in spades.

3. N. Thompson
2. Petrie
1. Harvey

Unlucky: Thomas, Pratt, Thompson.

3. B. Rawlings (Did his job, won his position)
2. N. Thompson (4 of 9 from limited chances)
1. L. Thomas (3 of 9 from limited chances)

S. Thompson played with poise in his first game, will be better for the run and will improve.

M. Campbell ran hard and applied defensive pressure in our midfield. Worth perservering with.

Needs to improve: D. Wells, can be a match winner but looked like he didn't want to be there on the weekend - Needs a rocket. S.Grant, got plenty of it, but needs to use it better.

3) N.Thompson. The only positive out of the game.

2) Petrie. Needed everywhere again played Forward, Back and Ruck.

1) Grant. Nothing to write home about the best of the rest.

No votes from me. I've read right through this thread, in the hope of inspiration. I think the best I can manage is that Power wasn't awful, and Pratt showed heart, and Grant and Simmo saw a lot of the ball - but disposal was terrible, the whole team was too slow, communication was non-existent. And no-one should get votes in a 70 point turnaround.

If I could give negative votes, it would be for Hale (whose kicking was atrocious - and then bagged the coaching staff - who deserved a bagging but not from Hale), Swallow (appalling game) and Wells (who was rubbish and, as I have said in the other thread, is much much better than that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy to collate the votes this year if the mods (Lidge) would like to focus on modding and not wasting time on the votes?

SOLD!

All yours.:D

And the Round 1 vote/results thread from last year saw the birth of the Basia Bonkowski legend and mother lode of threads.

No pressure;)

Im happy to collate the votes this year if the mods (Lidge) would like to focus on modding and not wasting time on the votes?

That's a bold move. :)

From my experience at the game, votes as follows...

1. Rickety, BF's leprechaun. A gem.
2. Kangalicious. My lord, my heart skipped a beat.
3. RoyalBlue/Boner- for crazy facial hair to rival my own. Can't split them... RB for his insightful comments on the contract dealings of Shagga's agent and Boner for his vocal slapping of a ******** that 'didn't
care for his albums but loved him live". One of the finest Office-esque moments I've ever witnessed.
4. Lidge- Putting aside my ongoing fear of men taller than me, Lidge is a champion. Though, some of my memories of things I said seem to have been deleted. I'm not saying anything...
5. TOD... granted, he had the long weekend to impress me, but he was a fine host, the finest, and without his sense of adventure I wouldn't have ended up at the Reebok store in Fitzroy to buy a couple of last years North training tops for $10.50 each. Yes, $10.50. "Hetero Life Partner" candidacy on the cards.

Honourable mention to NickRooboy, would have made the list for the dvd alone, but excluded because I worked out that you are in fact GiantRoo. The similarities are too strange to ignore. Also Pharro may have slipped in if he didn't decide to turn up with seconds to go before I leave. And I still don't know whether to take the Justin Timberlake comparisons in a good way or bad:D

From my experience at the game, votes as follows...

1. Rickety, BF's leprechaun. A gem.
2. Kangalicious. My lord, my heart skipped a beat.
3. RoyalBlue/Boner- for crazy facial hair to rival my own. Can't split them... RB for his insightful comments on the contract dealings of Shagga's agent and Boner for his vocal slapping of a ******** that 'didn't
care for his albums but loved him live". One of the finest Office-esque moments I've ever witnessed.
4. Lidge- Putting aside my ongoing fear of men taller than me, Lidge is a champion. Though, some of my memories of things I said seem to have been deleted. I'm not saying anything...
5. TOD... granted, he had the long weekend to impress me, but he was a fine host, the finest, and without his sense of adventure I wouldn't have ended up at the Reebok store in Fitzroy to buy a couple of last years North training tops for $10.50 each. Yes, $10.50. "Hetero Life Partner" candidacy on the cards.

Honourable mention to NickRooboy, would have made the list for the dvd alone, but excluded because I worked out that you are in fact GiantRoo. The similarities are too strange to ignore. Also Pharro may have slipped in if he didn't decide to turn up with seconds to go before I leave. And I still don't know whether to take the Justin Timberlake comparisons in a good way or bad:D

Just have to ask what similarities? Just curious.;)

Just have to ask what similarities? Just curious.;)

Let's start with the fact you look like brothers. Identical twin brothers.

That are in fact the same person;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1, 2008 vs Essendon. Votes & Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back