Autopsy Round 1 - Deja Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Turner was good on Wingard?
I did think he was pretty good when Wingard had had 6 touches and 0.1 early in the last

Then our midfield and our structure fell apart and Wingard had another 5 and 2 goals at the crucial part of the game. Kayno will probably only be as good as our midfield allows him to be

I don’t want jz down back. Play if forward pocket or not at all in my opinion
I just want our Captain to play footy without giving the impression of a chook with its head cut off.

For such an experienced player at this level, he is so dumb.

Crashing contests, taking out his own teammate and leaving his opponent free while he is rolling on the ground is the stuff you expect from a 20 gamer.

It was a real throwback to Laidley/Scott days where we would literally lose the game before the first bounce. I know losing McKay effed the structures completely but it is just not reasonable to play 3 200cm rucks and a 200cm forward. Please for the love of good, learn from the past.

Last edited:
I did think he was pretty good when Wingard had had 6 touches and 0.1 early in the last

Then our midfield and our structure fell apart and Wingard had another 5 and 2 goals at the crucial part of the game. Kayno will probably only be as good as our midfield allows him to be
Wingard got a free kick that he goaled from in the 4th. What was that actually paid for?

3.2 actually. 5 scoring shots in 2.5 quarters.

Impotent

Doy, maths

Goldstein, Goldstein, Larkey for the goals. Goldstein two goals from 15m out. Larkey a goal from the free kick from about 40 odd. Lazzaro and McDonald the points, McDonald from like 55m and Lazzaro on the run from 35 when the Hawks had finished us off

Nothing from a genuine lead up mark. No goals from general play. Just two big hoicks into the goalsquare which Goldy marked, and a free kick to Larkey

Forward structure is probably to blame.

I just want our Captain to play footy without giving the impression of a chook with its head cut off.

For such an experienced player at this level, he is so dumb.

Crashing contests, taking out his own teammate and leaving his opponent free while he is rolling on the ground is the stuff you expect from a 20 gamer.

I realise it was round 1, lots of emotion and a noisy crowd, but can effing learn to call for the mark. The amount times we could have had Benny Hill music playing as we spoil our own marks was pretty laughable. Please, I think our players are smarter than this.

One of those goals was utter bullshit.

Corr legitimately spoils the ball after he drops a mark and they both go to ground and the stupid maggot thinks it’s a free kick.

The more I watch the AFL the more I get frustrated with umpires rewarding players for staging or causing contact by leading with the head.

Wingard got a free kick that he goaled from in the 4th. What was that actually paid for?

**** knows mate. After half time I felt like they were genuinely pulling them from orifices I didn't even know the Lancet had discovered

Thought the game was completely over umpired

Blaming Hall for that loss is so short sighted and is actually ignoring the real issue.

Hall has to take on those kicks due to the abysmal movement up the ground. If our players work hard into space then Hall is an absolute weapon and we would all be talking about how well he played.
Ridiculous post LOL.
Did you watch the North vs Carlton game last year ?
Did you see WillPhill kick to Larkey?
Will kicked it to the right spot and directed Larkey where to lead.
Will had played about 10 games.
How many games Hall played?
Hall should be playing like a quarterback setting up the play.
But the problem is, he don't have the skills or football brain to play that role.
That's why we are not good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtis and Powell were miles off their best! Powelly ******* butchered it and so did CT. Nuh

Taylor at least thinks through situations. He has high footy smarts and clean skills, there was just too few players playing for each other in the second half. Much of this as has already been addressed was fitness, rotations and selection.

I hope they watch and learn from him because his running patterns are some of the best I have ever seen.

I think Hall's kicking woes are overstated and made worse by our abysmal forward movement, but if they can combine Hall's running with a more deadly boot then we'd be absolutely blessed.
Same. The problem with Hall is that he was our entire exit plan - any player will get their disposal squeezed if they are the only go to player exiting the back half. He was fine given he's missed a few weeks. Our issue is that we need another player like him to keep teams honest.

We threw the game away with poor disposal (particularly by hand) to players feet, backs etc. Suspect it will be a bit like last year and we won't really hit our straps until the team has had another 5-6 games under their belts. We've turned over a lot of the squad again and it makes a difference. West Coast has to be seen as winnable though so restructure the 22 and get our first win for the year.

Ridiculous post LOL.
Did you watch the North vs Carlton game last year ?
Did you see WillPhill kick to Larkey?
Will kicked it to the right spot and directed Larkey where to lead.
Will had played about 10 games.
How many games Hall played?
Hall should be playing like a quarterback setting up the play.
But the problem is, he don't have the skills or football brain to play that role.
That's why we are not good enough.
I suggest you look up the field and see what he has to kick to.

I can see it plain as day. Our forward line is lazy and don’t work together to create space for each other.

Until Noble gets these guys on the same page expect defenders to have a field day against us.

Players like Zurhaar are the root cause. He only works if he is a chance of getting a kick, but if not he is lazy.

We blinked with JZ. Great job by his manager but if he is best 22 next year we aren't going anywhere.,
Yeah, look he has been a warrior and I get that with Tarrant leaving the contract term and money aren't a huge issue for us but the reality is that we had to find a spot to hide him last year and it only vaguely worked when there was a bit of proper defensive structure around him (ie. Tarrant & McKay both in). With Lmac available we do not need a player like Jack in the backline.

Not at all. Clearly our best mid. 3AW (Richo) gave him second best one ground after Jiath.
Mentioned upon looking at the stats I was wrong. I just didn’t notice him in the second half.

Although I can’t believe McDonald didn’t get his votes.

I swear 90% of the people here would complain that the Super model that just threw themselves at them isn't as hot as some other super model. Completely ignoring the fact that a super model paid any attention to your dumb arse.

So many more positives from today than negatives. If Bmac stays in the game we would have ground out an ugly win.

Sleevo disappointing but I think that's what we'll get from him. Hot and cold.

Larks and Zurhaar were average at best. We were too tall.

Our tall back stocks are thin.

Plenty of whipping boys stood up today. Young was good. Mahony is elite at what he does would get a game in most sides. Ziebull was up against it and stood up. Hall was good. LDU was huge early. Jy was solid Greenwood was very good at times.

Plenty of questions to be answered in the coaches / selection meetings. None if them are beyond resolution.

There will be ups and downs over the next few seasons. I like the roller-coaster some of you seem to prefer the merry-go-round.

As always the only putrid or disgusting things I saw today were posted on Bigfooty. Whilst not the start to the season I would have liked still plenty to work with and we haven't gone backwards.

GO ROOS

If that’s going to be an average game for Larkey and Zurhaar then they are in for some really really shit games.

fu** knows mate. After half time I felt like they were genuinely pulling them from orifices I didn't even know the Lancet had discovered

Thought the game was completely over umpired

Umpires are kinda like a horny teenager trying to insert themselves where ever they can.

I suggest you look up the field and see what he has to kick to.

I can see it plain as day. Our forward line is lazy and don’t work together to create space for each other.

Until Noble gets these guys on the same page expect defenders to have a field day against us.

Players like Zurhaar are the root cause. He only works if he is a chance of getting a kick, but if not he is lazy.
It is too hard trying to explain it to you.
Watch Will Phillips in the Carlton game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1 - Deja Vu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back