Toast Round 1 NAB Rising Star 🌟 Ollie Dempsey

Remove this Banner Ad

When will the AFL All-Australian 2024 be announced?

The 2024 AFL All-Australian team will be confirmed at the AFL Awards Night on Thursday, August 29.

The AFL Awards will also see the announcement of AFLCA Champion Player of the Year, AFLPA MVP, AFL Rising Star, AFLCA Best Young Player, AFLPA Best Captain, AFLPA Most Courageous and AFLPA Best First Year Player.

Apparently Ollie Dempsey has won the rising star award by 5 points. That was just announced on AFL 360.

That's the Fox reporters votes for the rising star - they were also discussing the other awards that'll be presented tomorrow night as part of the AFL Awards, and their predictions for how they'll play out

As for the Rising Star, if it's the same as previous years, the panel consists of 11 judges - and don't think they include any journos or reporters as judges

We won't know until tomorrow night the official winner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort and so well deserved. For Ollie and the recruiters and the MC who held the faith. Showed the benefit of a continual early run of games. Also, the BF long time supporters of Dempsey, some who really know their stuff ( I admit to fence sitting for all of five minutes).

Panel votes made public makes me think the outliers, Abbey Holmes and Josh Mahoney, don't really do their homework or pay attention. Especially the latter, 3/5 vote egg on face Josh or what?

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the 30 odd years of the rising star Ollie is only the second after Danyle Pearce to come via the Rookie Draft?

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the 30 odd years of the rising star Ollie is only the second after Danyle Pearce to come via the Rookie Draft?

I’m waiting for Swampy to say something on that - hoping someone else asks first

Dempsey interview on Sunrise this morning, handles himself very well in the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 1 NAB Rising Star 🌟 Ollie Dempsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back