Shield Round 1: New South Wales vs South Australia, Cricket Central, 8-11 Oct

Remove this Banner Ad

NSW squad: Moises Henriques (c), Ollie Davies, Jack Edwards, Matthew Gilkes, Ryan Hadley, Liam Hatcher, Sam Konstas, Nathan Lyon, Nic Maddinson, Jack Nisbet, Josh Philippe, Tanveer Sangha

SA squad: Nathan McSweeney (c), Jordan Buckingham, Alex Carey (wk), Brendan Doggett, Daniel Drew, Travis Head, Henry Hunt, Ben Manenti, Nathan McAndrew, Conor McInerney, Lloyd Pope, Liam Scott

How can you rest Smith, he has ample time to rest this year, barley any international cricket and he isn't a T20 superstar and form is an issue heading into this summer.
The only reason I can think of is they have just returned from England.Not sure if to many of the squad who have just returned from overseas are playing in the current shield games.

Last edited:

How can you rest Smith, he has ample time to rest this year, barley any international cricket and he isn't a T20 superstar and form is an issue heading into this summer.
Yup 100% cummins should also be playing

just sick of this management crap ...just FF88king over it

all of Australian cricket you can't do anything just controlled ...if players are fit just f(**king play them

I read that the selectors want him to have a break after the recent one day in Scotland and England......

Farcical.
I would have thought if he wanted to be a red ball cricketer, he needs all the time in the middle he can get. Last season he slogged 101 against Victoria, his next highest score was 37 and averaged 19.56. He needs a rest from meaningless T20 matches, not Shield cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 1: New South Wales vs South Australia, Cricket Central, 8-11 Oct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back