• Pickett

Votes: 32 11.6%
  • Ross

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Hopper is going to need a bit more time to get used to how we move the ball. Was often too slow too move the ball on when his team mates were streaming past.

I'm sure he'll get there though. Tarrant took a few weeks to settle in last year.

probably confused at times. went the short stab kick and fluffs it.

can't wait until he has a game where most of the rest of the players don't play like shite and fumble every second possession
Yeah seemed like most of the guys with the limited pre season especially looked a little iffy
Most of the rust seemed off in the 2nd half Jack Graham in that last qtr was massive for us

Hopefully the Pickett sub was just management
He was massive when he was on

Drew against blues

least we didn't *en lose

322bb4a1-3318-4d23-ba76-24e7cfc796d8-jpeg.1631117
You become a mod? Starting the Autopsy thread

Should have been 3 goals up at quarter time and in control of the game by the end of the third.
Too many silly errors and turn overs in the first half.
Also I want a team rule brought in that if one of our plays is within 30m of goal and no real angle they kick the ****en ball straight, none of this around the corner crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* sick of this s*t. How many ****** times did a Carlton player drop the footy and get away with it yet one of our guys tries and takes the game on and is penalised. Then when Cripps takes the game on he is given an eternity and it doesn't matter if his disposes of the ball legally.

I generally don’t comment on the umpires. But this got me all night.

For the most part, I thought most free kicks against us were there. No issue with that.

But it’s the non-calls which bewildered me. As a poster said above, multiple dropping the balls after a ball up in our forward 50; to ball squeezes to Bolton who gets pinged for holding the ball.

Bolton’s was holding the ball. No issues with that decision. But blatantly not paying multiple droping the ball is horrendous. The amount of times as well the Carlton midfielders held on to jumpers at the stoppage and disadvantaged our mids (any time Bolton went in there and Hopper got a bunch too) where so many free’s weren’t called.

Dion gave away a 50m penalty for the abuse, but had every right for being essentially held off the ball and getting nothing from the umpires.

Didn’t lose us the game; but rules are there for a reason. Call them or scrap them.

I think Hopper is going to need a bit more time to get used to how we move the ball. Was often too slow too move the ball on when his team mates were streaming past.

I'm sure he'll get there though. Tarrant took a few weeks to settle in last year.
Looked better in that last qtr when he went head to head with Cripps
Started getting his hands on it but just needs to fix up that disposal

Charlie Curnow got away with murder as Carlton made a red hot start in 2023.
The superstar forward committed a cardinal sin early in the first quarter of the season-opener against Richmond at the MCG on Thursday night when his aim was a mile off when returning the Sherrin to a Richmond player.
The Blues had coughed up the ball on the centre wing when Marlion Pickett was awarded a free kick as the ball rolled to Curnow.

The star forward tossed the ball way over Pickett’s head and the ball instead landed in a Carlton teammate’s hands.
Despite the clear violation which should have triggered a 50m penalty, the ball was sheepishly returned to Pickett, who sent the ball up towards Richmonds 50m arc.
“Might have been a little round one mercy rule on the no 50m (penalty) there,” Channel 7 footy expert Daisy Pearce said on Channel 7.

Thats whats wrong with the league. Who cares if its R1. Its 50 or its not. time of the year is irrelevant. no one in the media wants to call them out

Really shot ourselves in the foot in the first half. Tried to be too cute and over used the ball going forward and wasted chances. Thought our mid work was good and defense solid. Forward half connection needs work and sure it will come good as the year goes on. Also would have given all our picks just for Taranto, absolute beast. Hopper will get better as the year goes on. On to next week boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back