FB: Roberton - Delaney - Dempster
HB: Webster - Bruce - Fisher
CR: Wright - Geary - Newnes
HF: Saunders - Riewoldt - Lee
FF: TDL - Maister - Stanley
Foll: Hickey - Armitage - Jones

Int: Ross - Ray - Dunstan
Sub: Curren

That's how they'll line up in Round 1. Haven't seen a 22 that bad in years... Surely Melbourne has to win.

FFS

The Showgrounds/Spotless stadium has a capacity of 25k and a ground record attendance of just over 22K. Those people predicting a crowd figure in excess of the ground capacity are delusional.

Of course there will be those who will post (or think) well I predicted 37K, they should have got at least 30k and look, only 24.5K showed up - how hopeless are GWS?:rolleyes:

FFS

The Showgrounds/Spotless stadium has a capacity of 25k and a ground record attendance of just over 22K. Those people predicting a crowd figure in excess of the ground capacity are delusional.

Of course there will be those who will post (or think) well I predicted 37K, they should have got at least 30k and look, only 24.5K showed up - how hopeless are GWS?:rolleyes:
I blame society.

FFS

I am glad they're playing it at the Showgrounds though, beaut of a ground.

I really like it, but it looks horrific on TV during day games due to the glare. Much better suited to night games when it comes to TV.
Yeah, that's true.

Just checked the available tickets via Ticketmaster, a decent number of seats still available. 15k crowd, in the offing? Not familiar with how their sales tend to go with walk-ups, so not sure how it will progress.

Yeah, that's true.

Just checked the available tickets via Ticketmaster, a decent number of seats still available. 15k crowd, in the offing? Not familiar with how their sales tend to go with walk-ups, so not sure how it will progress.

Just got a Lasttix email, a good 1/4 to 1/3 of the ground still available mainly in the Gold and Plat areas but now for very reduced prices, wishing I'd left my ticket purchase to now instead of earlier on in the week :-(

Fremantle vs Collingwood 16 Points 44,000
GWS vs Sydney 47 Points 21,000
Gold Coast vs Richmond 8 Points 17,000
Carlton vs Port Adelaide 18 Points 32,000
Geelong vs Adelaide 33 Points 27,000
North Melbourne vs Essendon 3 Points 48,000
Hawthorn vs Brisbane 56 Points 17,000
St Kilda vs Melbourne 14 Points 22,000
West Coast vs Western Bulldogs 31 Points 37,000

Just got a Lasttix email, a good 1/4 to 1/3 of the ground still available mainly in the Gold and Plat areas but now for very reduced prices, wishing I'd left my ticket purchase to now instead of earlier on in the week :-(
There's something wrong-headed about a scheme like that, because surely this is what it encourages, last-minute discount purchases.

(Collingwood) vs Fremantle - 7pts 47,000
GWS vs (Sydney) - 25pts 23,000
(Gold Coast )vs Richmond - 4pts 20,000
(Carlton) vs Port Adelaide - 14pts 35,000
(Geelong) vs Adelaide - 20pts 26,000
North Melbourne vs (Essendon) - 5pts 48,000
(Hawthorn) vs Brisbane - 30pts 15,000
St Kilda vs (Melbourne) - 10pts 30,000
(West Coast) vs Western Bulldog - 30pts 35,000

(Winners = In Brackets)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Round 1 is always the toughest tipping round and I though I'd have a look in here to see what the learned folk of Bigfooty think about two hard calls: Carlton/Port and Essendon/North.

I found it really interesting that when the thread was created a while ago 100% of the first batch (first 10 or so) of tippers all picked Carlton and 80% tipped Essendon.

I decided to check the last week and around 70% tipped Port and more than 70% tipped North.

Has something happened that I've missed to see this turn around? Injuries? Pre season form?

Thanks Bigfooty for any advice.

Hi all,

Round 1 is always the toughest tipping round and I though I'd have a look in here to see what the learned folk of Bigfooty think about two hard calls: Carlton/Port and Essendon/North.

I found it really interesting that when the thread was created a while ago 100% of the first batch (first 10 or so) of tippers all picked Carlton and 80% tipped Essendon.

I decided to check the last week and around 70% tipped Port and more than 70% tipped North.

Has something happened that I've missed to see this turn around? Injuries? Pre season form?

Thanks Bigfooty for any advice.

Essendon's weak pre-season would've turned tippers away, and last year's memories of North collapsing kind of fade with a new season starting and people recognise that they're a formidable test for any team this year.

Can't explain the Port one though. Maybe breaking their membership record in such strong fashion just reminded everyone that they actually won some great games lady year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood Vs Fremantle by 2 points (50,190)

GWS Vs Sydney by 64 points (22,675)

Gold Coast Vs Richmond by 16 points (19,660)

Carlton Vs Port Adelaide by 10 points (33,210)

Geelong Vs Adelaide by 22 points (26,419)

North Melbourne Vs Essendon by 6 points (48,107)

Hawthorn Vs Brisbane by 44 points (16,329)

St Kilda Vs Melbourne by 20 points (29,021)

West Coast Vs Western Bulldogs by 24 points (38,924)
I think this is the only person who tipped GWS

Lol. Don't know who you're disrespecting more, us or Geelong. Especially when you have GWS getting closer to Sydney than either of us.
Yet you were the one showing the greatest disrespect (To GWS)

From the Saints board:

FB: Roberton - Delaney - Dempster
HB: Webster - Bruce - Fisher
CR: Wright - Geary - Newnes
HF: Saunders - Riewoldt - Lee
FF: TDL - Maister - Stanley
Foll: Hickey - Armitage - Jones

Int: Ross - Ray - Dunstan
Sub: Curren

That's how they'll line up in Round 1. Haven't seen a 22 that bad in years... Surely Melbourne has to win.
Game could be a serious contender for "worst AFL match ever", although dogs vs saints during the NAB challenge wasn't far off.

Gold Coast need to pay for a new song. They can't even sing it as a victory song. GWS sounded like a footy team singing the song, Suns sounded like they were half pissed at karaoke.
Yeah, the Suns song is about as bad as ours, the weagles and port's songs. The giants' song sounds genuinely fun to sing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Tips and Crowd Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back