Round 1 TV Guide

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not only looking forward to the Sydney vs West Coast match for the game itself, but also because it will mark the first official broadcast of regular High Definition sport! (All Saturday night prime time games + finals + GF on TEN, however there may be a few weekends if for example a SA team in SA is playing the same night then the foxtel broadcast will be shown on FTA instead.)

I would have thought that the Gf rematch would have been match of the round.
But the powers that be think otherwise! I live on the Gold coast,and can receive
Ten Brisbane,and Ten Gold Coast,both channels are showing Lions v Hawks,why cant Gold Coast ten show the rematch,instead of the same game on both!
It is not even on Fox untill 1130. Guess like a lot of us i will have to listen on the radio,just aint the same.

Just saw an ad on channel 10 saying both the Dockers and Eagles match will be live. Well done channel 10:thumbsu: Channel 7 need to follow suit.

There is a simple solution to all you whingers.....

come and live in Darwin - 8 games LIVE!!!!

and if you don't have Austar - then it is still 4 GAMES LIVE!!!

Sweet

Victoria gets one game LIVE all weekend, WCE v SYD.
The AFL, Channel 10 and 7 should have a good look at themselves.

The other three FTA games are all being played in Melbourne and are being delayed by one hour to avoid going live against the gate. When have Melbourne games ever been televised live against the gate?

Here is the TV guide for Round 1

Friday
Melbourne vs St Kilda at MCG 7:40pm EST
Channel 7: Live NT 7pm, TAS(SC) 7:30pm Delay VIC,SA,WA 8:30pm, NSW,ACT,QLD 11:30pm
Main Event Channel(NSW,ACT,QLD Only): Live 7:30pm
Fox Sports 1: Replay 11pm EST

Saturday
Kangaroos vs Collingwood at MCG 2:10pm EST
Channel 10: Live NT 1:30pm, TAS(SC),NSW,ACT,QLD 2pm Delay VIC 3pm
Fox Sports 1: Replay 10pm EST

Fremantle vs Port Adelaide at Subiaco 2:10pm WST
Fox Sports 1: Live 4pm EST
Channel 10: Live SA 3:30pm Delay WA 2:30pm

Brisbane vs Hawthorn at Gabba 7:10pm EST
Fox Sports 1: Live 7pm EST
Channel 10: Live QLD 7pm

Sydney vs West Coast at Telstra Stadium 7:10pm EST
Channel 10: Live SA,NT 6:30pm, VIC,TAS(SC) 7pm Delay WA 5:30pm, NSW,ACT 7:30pm
Fox Sports 1: Replay 11:30pm EST

Sunday
Adelaide vs Essendon at AAMI Stadium 12:40pm CST
Fox Sports 1: Live 1pm EST
Channel 7: Delay SA 4:30pm

Western Bulldogs vs Geelong at Telstra Dome 2:10pm EST
Channel 7: Live SA,NT 1:30pm, TAS(SC),NSW,ACT,QLD 2pm Delay VIC,WA 3pm
Fox Sports 1: Replay 8pm EST

Carlton vs Richmond at MCG 5:10pm EST
Fox Sports 1: Live 5pm EST

I always thought Channel 7 was going to show every Friday night game live! Did they change their policy on this did they? Pfft, typical, we might has well kept Channel 9 on the job. Disappointed that it's not on live! Again AFL fans get dudded with delayed telecasts. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, i saw an ad last night which said: "Live on saturday arvo, the wa double header... starting from 2pm"

ten.com.au also has both games listed as live. Both the freo and wce games will be live into perth. For some reason the other guides say there is a 30min delay on both which is incorrect.

Hey, i saw an ad last night which said: "Live on saturday arvo, the wa double header... starting from 2pm"

ten.com.au also has both games listed as live. Both the freo and wce games will be live into perth. For some reason the other guides say there is a 30min delay on both which is incorrect.

It was going to be on 30 minute delay (Freo game), which in turn meant the Eagles games had to be on 30 minute delay (they are back to back games).

My understanding was that as Fox had the rights to the Freo game live, the FTA had to show it on delay, either this is incorrect or Fox have given some sort of permission to 10 to show it.

A good outcome either way. Well done 10.

I always thought Channel 7 was going to show every Friday night game live! Did they change their policy on this did they? Pfft, typical, we might has well kept Channel 9 on the job. Disappointed that it's not on live! Again AFL fans get dudded with delayed telecasts. :thumbsdown:

Did they ever mention live Friday Nights?

I also remember back when Foxtel started showing the games they stopped being live on a Friday Night, I know why you wouldn't in the state the game is being played, but not not elsewhere?

Did they ever mention live Friday Nights?

I also remember back when Foxtel started showing the games they stopped being live on a Friday Night, I know why you wouldn't in the state the game is being played, but not not elsewhere?

Yes, because I read that they we're going to when they first got the rights, they we're going to have the Football live against the gates in Melbourne/Victoria on the Friday night! It looks like another empty promise. In this day and age, you really would think all games would be live!

Spoke to Austar rep who says we may be able to press red in future and choose which game we watch here in Qld when both games are on 10 and Fox. They already do it with rugby league so should be able to do it for AFL. Probably going to miss out on Grand Final replay this week though, but will ring up and complain again and again and again. Other than that, coverage on the Sunny Coast will be better than it ever has been EVER!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 TV Guide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back