Captains Round 10 captains/vice-captains

Round 10 VC/C (Most recent score against opponent first)

• Pendlebury (BL - 107, 108, 132)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Swan (BL - 141, 132, 122)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Murphy (GWS - 89)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Fyfe (ADE - 139, 88)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Dangerfield (FRE - 187, 145, 71)

• JPK (ESS - 86, 94, 58)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Watson (SYD - 149, 131, 88)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Selwood (GC - 116, 145, 136)

• Johnson (GC - 155, 162)

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • GAJ (GEE - 110, 106)

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Mitchell (MEL - 101, 111, 96)

• Franklin (MEL - 140, 132, 108)

• Cotchin (WC - 123, 67, 92)

• Other

• VC Score - 120+

• VC Score - 130+

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • VC Score - 140+

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

love_balls

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Stephen Curry
A bit early, but I had a bit of spare time.

Might be overrating the guy from my own team but Raines has been in some hot form lately, limiting Murphy (105, 22 disposals, 73DT), Stanton (51), Shuey (65, 12 disposals) and Jones (72, 15 disposals) in the last four weeks. Will likely go to Pendlebury this week.

This week stuffs me as no viable Capt options after Ablett plays. Cox/Swallow/Martin not going to score what I want.

So.. Assuming Gary takes the C, I have to choosen between Watson, Kennedy, Dangerfield or Pendlebury. Kennedy has a terrible record against Essendon, likewise Pendles against Brisbane and Dangerfield very inconsistent this year, whereas Watson has a great record against Sydney and is in fine form of late, avergaging 144 over the past 3 round and 125 over the past 5 including that awful looking 66. Watson to get the nod at this stage for VC.

Rockliff (massive gamble but pies ability around the midfield at present is scerwed) VC GAJ C
GAJ VC Nicnat C
GAJ VC Buddy C

Rockliff scenario is out of the picture now. I'm going with option 3, will consider at 130.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might just go a risk this week and slap the C on Johnson.
Only real VC option is Watson, but since i'll be heading to Geelong the the Cats game, be unlikely to switch my team around in the time between Watson finishing and Geelong starting :confused:

Could slap the VC on Swan for funsies... but after last weeks performance... then again, he's just as likely to get 150+ as he is to get 60 again...

Still don't get everyone's obsession with Buddy. He's highest score is 121 and in more than 55% of games this year he's scored less than 100. I understand the player he has been in the past, but based on that you'd pick up Adam Goodes and make him captain. Until Buddy starts consistently putting together 120+ games, he should be treated as just an average player. Most of those looking at Buddy for captain would have at least 4-5 better options for Captain in the their Midfield. VC for Buddy at the very very most IMO, certainly not as a fallback C.

Still don't get everyone's obsession with Buddy. He's highest score is 121 and in more than 55% of games this year he's scored less than 100. I understand the player he has been in the past, but based on that you'd pick up Adam Goodes and make him captain. Until Buddy starts consistently putting together 120+ games, he should be treated as just an average player. Most of those looking at Buddy for captain would have at least 4-5 better options for Captain in the their Midfield. VC for Buddy at the very very most IMO, certainly not as a fallback C.

Well he is playing Melbourne... Adam Goodes is past his prime, Buddy is in a much better age bracket and showed what he could do last year, premiums do tend to bounce back even if it does take them a little while.

Well he is playing Melbourne... Adam Goodes is past his prime, Buddy is in a much better age bracket and showed what he could do last year, premiums do tend to bounce back even if it does take them a little while.
That old chestnut. People pulled that argument out against GWS and Gold Coast too.. Travis Cloke showed what he could do until he got into contract negotiations too.. Zorko was a 100+ guaranteed premium last year too.. Plenty more examples..

Don't get me wrong, I think Buddy will bounce back, but until he does, be very aware of wasting a C on the bloke. Last week at half time he was on 24 with thousands of coaches shitting bricks..

Might take the C of Gaz for the first time this year, Stevie J is too tempting.

on a cold wet windy night at the cattery is Bartel an option for Vice?

I don't reckon, I think Bartel's 140+ days are gone, he's good for a 100-120 though.

on a cold wet windy night at the cattery is Bartel an option for Vice?
THAT is a very very good call. Still not good enough to make me switch my VC from Watson tho. Form + recent scores against Sydney make him a no brainer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back