Round 11 Trades: bring on the 3 trade a week rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey Enright then daylight if it's out of them 3

Enright has been super consistent regularly pushing out 80s, 90s and the odd 100, has only had 2 poor weeks, a 69 and a 48.

Kelly has already missed 2-3 weeks with his testicle injury and I had to trade him out then due to potential donuts, hasn't played a full season of footy since 2005, has played 21 games twice in 2011 and last year, but played only 17 and 18 in 2012/13. I started with him thinking he would be a good consistent scorer but his durability is the main concern.

Geelong have played Bews as a lockdown small defender and it seems to have freed Enright, Thurlow and Mackie up to intercept/rebound in turns.

Don't rate Shaw's DT game, will be in the 80-85 range which is where he seems to finish every year, if you like roller coaster type scoring then yeah sure though.

Thank you again for making me stear clear of Kelly! Dodged a bullet haha

Thank you again for making me stear clear of Kelly! Dodged a bullet haha
With the money I made from downgrading Kelly, I was able to get in Tom Mitchell and Rory Laird, don't regret that move at all.

Due to team selections and injuries raping me AGAIN.

Went with:

Bellchambers ----> Dumont (moved bont fwd)
CEY -----> Ward
Vberg -----> Ebert.

Leaves me with exactly $100 spare haha!

Due to team selections and injuries raping me AGAIN.

Went with:

Bellchambers ----> Dumont (moved bont fwd)
CEY -----> Ward
Vberg -----> Ebert.

Leaves me with exactly $100 spare haha!
They're good moves though, massively improves your midfield

They're good moves though, massively improves your midfield

Yeah thanks man! Was always going to happen, i wanted my midfield finished leading into the byes but injuries have seriously destroyed my plans this year. These trades wouldn't have needed to happen, i had Rockliff/Duncan in there, but they got injured last few rounds. Then had injuries elsewhere which delayed upgrading my midfield. It's been a rough year for me man! Just hope i can come home strong in 2nd half of the year, i remember last year i went on a string of games about 6 or something i think it was, where my lowest score was 2150. I had insane form and jumped about 10k in the ranking after the byes. I am praying for similar this year!

At least now barring injury my midfield is finished now bar Miller, but i am planning on upgrading him next week, or i might even wait 1 more so i can bring in a round 12 midfielder which is my goal atm.

As of now midfield is:
Lewis, Jelwood, Ebert, Ward, Watson, JPK, Wallis, Miller (Dumont, Amon, Glenn).

Ill see what happens but ideally i want one of Sidebottom/Parker/Pendles/Fyfe/Armitage to replace Miller, but if need be i might trade Miller next week to Dangerfield maybe or Isaac Smith.

Last edited:
I didn't even bother trying to field 18 this week, since my league opponent has even more outs and Eliminator is on hiatus for 3 weeks.

just the 2 trades this week
Krak > Josh Kelly
DMac > N-Bullen

next week
Touk > Sloane
Newnes > Hodge

I didn't even bother trying to field 18 this week, since my league opponent has even more outs and Eliminator is on hiatus for 3 weeks.

just the 2 trades this week
Krak > Josh Kelly
DMac > N-Bullen

next week
Touk > Sloane
Newnes > Hodge
I brought in Neal-Bullen also lol, just have this feeling he may be solid

Ill see what happens but ideally i want one of Sidebottom/Parker/Pendles/Fyfe/Armitage to replace Miller, but if need be i might trade Miller next week to Dangerfield maybe or Isaac Smith.
In order

Armitage
Fyfe
Dangerfield
Pendles
Smith
Parker
Sidebottom

Armitage is awesome, currently has 9 straight tons, Fyfe went 8 straight tons between a 95 and 97. Dangerfield is looking likely to have a 105-110 avg and you get his score next week if you bring him in then, Pendles is popular but still a great option. Smith is a solid POD, looks like he'll avg 105.

Sidebottom burnt me already and I wouldn't of started with Parker if I knew what he'd put up, Heppell and Hannebery are better options than them two, Heppell hasnt gone below 80 yet and Hannebery is a Brownlow contender and likely 110 avg this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't trade Barlow dude

Trading Barlow is silly and counter productive, would still take a 90 from Barlow from M9 if someone was a late withdrawal than a 50-60 from a rookie who would be in his place if you moved him on.

He's scoring similar to what Mundy has in previous years, he has scored 79 or above 8/10 times this season with only 2 complete stinkers in round 3 and round 4 and he still has 4 100s and 2 90s, he hasn't been completely "horrible" like a Ryan Griffen, and players like Selwood and Josh Kennedy have been only marginally better.

Would definitely upgrade Clark asap before he comes back and loses more cash and if you still have them upgrade on Hogan, Saad, CEY, Vandenberg, Miller etc.

Jack Steven and David Armitage are the best DTers this year but not many sides would have both of them due to their round 12 bye conflicting with other popular midfielders byes and that they're just too expensive now.
Not going to downgrade him, just gonna bring in someone who isn't a complete DT hack

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not going to downgrade him, just gonna bring in someone who isn't a complete DT hack

It's still wasting a trade dude, it may help you short term but not long term if you have less than 15 trades left and a largely unfinished side (less than 18-19 current keepers). I'm just thinking, did you trade Barlow in on the cheap or did you start with him? If you have no money left in the bank to upgrade Barlow to some then you will need to make another trade to make money meaning 2 trades used to upgrade Barlow, if you traded in Barlow instead of starting with him then that's 3-4 trades blown on getting him in, then later upgrading him.

I rage traded Beams after round 2 for Swan, if I knew Griffen and Bellchambers were going to be "complete hacks" which they are, I would've turfed them earlier for someone else in form (Miller/Van Berlo as a cash cow and upgraded TBC to a premo ruck) and kept Beams who has came good. Hindsights a great thing but I'm down to 10 trades now largely due to forced injuries and I will be down to 3-5 trades before my side is finished if I get no more injuries (currently have 21 keepers and should have 22 next week, but want about 24-25 if possible by about round 15-16).

Anyways all the best with what you do, if you feel Barlow has to go then it has to be for a top mid who you don't have, for etc, someone likely to finish with a 110 avg like Steven, Armitage, Dangerfield, Ebert etc.

It's still wasting a trade dude, it may help you short term but not long term if you have less than 15 trades left and a largely unfinished side (less than 18-19 current keepers). I'm just thinking, did you trade Barlow in on the cheap or did you start with him? If you have no money left in the bank to upgrade Barlow to some then you will need to make another trade to make money meaning 2 trades used to upgrade Barlow, if you traded in Barlow instead of starting with him then that's 3-4 trades blown on getting him in, then later upgrading him.

I rage traded Beams after round 2 for Swan, if I knew Griffen and Bellchambers were going to be "complete hacks" which they are, I would've turfed them earlier for someone else in form (Miller/Van Berlo as a cash cow and upgraded TBC to a premo ruck) and kept Beams who has came good. Hindsights a great thing but I'm down to 10 trades now largely due to forced injuries and I will be down to 3-5 trades before my side is finished if I get no more injuries (currently have 21 keepers and should have 22 next week, but want about 24-25 if possible by about round 15-16).

Anyways all the best with what you do, if you feel Barlow has to go then it has to be for a top mid who you don't have, for etc, someone likely to finish with a 110 avg like Steven, Armitage, Dangerfield, Ebert etc.

Yep one of those players are who I'll be bringing in and I have the cash and some fat cows on the bench still. Ranked 162 last week and Barlow is holding me back now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back