Unofficial Preview Round 12: Early Thoughts - Suns v Swans - Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has Danger game written all over it. We smashed the cats and beat the Hawks the last few weeks. I would hate to see the boys rock up with inflated heads. Come to this game 5% off our best and we will get rolled. GC are a quality team however if we bring our A game it should be a win. Too much down front for the swans.

Last edited:
Was looking forward to this match about 3 weeks ago....not so much anymore.

We are severely missing key defenders, while your key forwards are in form. Ablett is hurting after being bashed around by Picken a week ago. Wouldn't be surprised if he is rested? I'm expecting to be done by 80points.

We are severely missing key defenders, while your key forwards are in form. Ablett is hurting after being bashed around by Picken a week ago. Wouldn't be surprised if he is rested? I'm expecting to be done by 80points.

Not so sure mate we might be without Goodes and Rampe and who knows we might be due for a offgame, your midfield will have to break even to give Lynch, Day and Dixon a chance.

Think it will be a close game personally 2-3 goals in it.

There is no way the little master will be rested. I just cant see it happening with a top four clash. You boys need to start well and get some crazy momentum cranking. Its going to be a close game.

This Supercoach news is dismaying.

There is no way the little master will be rested. I just cant see it happening with a top four clash. You boys need to start well and get some crazy momentum cranking. Its going to be a close game.
Did you happen to catch the Suns v Crows game today? Ablett really avoided the contest.

Your right maybe not rested, but perhaps played permanent forward for a game, with Lynch? Day to go to Fullback on Tippett, and May to take Franklin. Dixon to rotate the ruck and play 70% forward.

Booked a trip up to gold coast this weekend can't wait for it! The sun's looked a little cooked VS the Crows today and abletts not looking 100% at all. Hope it's worth the trip up and the swannies have another strong injury free win.

Not so sure mate we might be without Goodes and Rampe and who knows we might be due for a offgame, your midfield will have to break even to give Lynch, Day and Dixon a chance.

Think it will be a close game personally 2-3 goals in it.
youre being way too modest. we will demolish GC

Did you happen to catch the Suns v Crows game today? Ablett really avoided the contest.

Your right maybe not rested, but perhaps played permanent forward for a game, with Lynch? Day to go to Fullback on Tippett, and May to take Franklin. Dixon to rotate the ruck and play 70% forward.
Wont you have Thompson and bennell back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep that game will linger on till the season is over :(
GWS got within 7 of upsetting last year's premiers today too. Any team on their day. Any team. It is a reminder that you've got to show up ready to play, and not just expect to phone it in, like we did against GWS.

I respect gold coast, i like them but we should smash them, im confident, if they beat us though i will pay full credit or whatever wont be making hawk fan like excuses

But fans dont play we can be confident

Gold Coast are busting at the swans with talent, especially in the middle. One bloke we have to watch is prestia . This kid is killing it, very underrated. He is getting up there with the best mids in the comp

Never mind. Was asking about kpds but my question was answered later on.

People suggesting Jetta should be in danger of losing his spot really surprise me. It seems Jetta is viewed to not be playing well merely because he isn't kicking goals at the same rate while he is winning more disposals and marks per game than he ever has. He's also playing a far more responsible role closer to stoppages rather than on the fringe of HF and wing. I think he's actually having a very solid year. Not 2012 kind of damaging but he is still our best kick going inside fifty and breaks open play like nobody else can. He's safe and sound in the 22 in my books and if he had kicked 11.6 rather than 6.11 I think there would be nobody even suggesting he might be replaced.

Yeah, Jetta was probably our worst player on Thursday but he still played OK and over the last 4-5 games he has been good. He deserves his spot.

People suggesting Jetta should be in danger of losing his spot really surprise me. It seems Jetta is viewed to not be playing well merely because he isn't kicking goals at the same rate while he is winning more disposals and marks per game than he ever has. He's also playing a far more responsible role closer to stoppages rather than on the fringe of HF and wing. I think he's actually having a very solid year. Not 2012 kind of damaging but he is still our best kick going inside fifty and breaks open play like nobody else can. He's safe and sound in the 22 in my books and if he had kicked 11.6 rather than 6.11 I think there would be nobody even suggesting he might be replaced.

Yep. Completely different role this year and his vision and field kicking are vital to us at the moment. My only issue with his form this year is that his defensive game can be hot and cold from week to week and quarter to quarter. Some games his defensive pressure has been fantastic, while other games you see him jogging at half pace when players nearby have the ball. I'd just like to see him consistently use his pace defensively like Rohan does.

Apart from that small gripe he's nowhere near being dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back