Carlton.png
Richmond VS. Carlton
3:20 PM
-------------
Optus Stadium, Perth
20015.png
20008.png

West Coast VS. Hawthorn

The contrast looks awesome, makes me question why this wasn't done for the Collingwood matchup
I think if North could’ve worn the blue shorts they would’ve, it’s just that royal blue is a mutual colour in this case so they wouldn’t be allowed to. Admittedly even though the Notth v Collingwood game had terrible contrast, it wasn’t as much of a head**** as this matchup would be. I think the solution for the Collingwood game wasn’t to have North in white shorts and Collingwood in black (it’s the ideal matchup but doesn’t appease North) but it was to have both teams in home shorts.

Wrong again!
Lol the game against Collingwood proved me right.

I also said "North vs Bulldogs would be interesting", and also said "hope so"

So I was hardly wrong about anything 🤷🏻‍♂️

Honestly if you don't like what you see just keep scrolling champ 👍🏻👍🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not AFL clubs. It's the clubs from where the players came from....

And the players own club under the AFL logo. I've always felt like the annual Country Round thing between Geelong and Essendon at the MCG is clutching at straws a bit, but this is a pretty cool idea especially with the individual player's club on the match guernseys.

Attachments

• 2e2fe7aee37061d36bef8bf82b9db8d94ed44cab.jpg
    2e2fe7aee37061d36bef8bf82b9db8d94ed44cab.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
And the players own club under the AFL logo. I've always felt like the annual Country Round thing between Geelong and Essendon at the MCG is clutching at straws a bit, but this is a pretty cool idea especially with the individual player's club on the match guernseys.
Definitely a cool idea. Essendon need to get around it more and do something similar - eg dedicate each Country Round to a Bombers club

The concept is totally clutching at straws when there are games in Ballarat, literally in the country.

The concept is totally clutching at straws when there are games in Ballarat, literally in the country.

No disagreement from me. It's something about "bringing the country to the city" (reading between the lines, trying to get an attendance of 50-60k) but when you could at least host it in Geelong (not sure who'd be a willing annual opponent for that), or something like the Bulldogs v Geelong and maybe another game in Ballarat (used to be the St Kilda zone back in the day?), that'd have a bit more merit.

Might be a hot take but I’m not opposed to the country game taking place in the city. In the same way there are pride games and there’s no openly LGBTQ+ players in the league, and we have the Indigenous Round but no guarantee every team will have an Indigenous player in the 23, I think the same applies to this Country game. Obviously it wouldn’t be the most impossible thing for one of these clubs to sacrifice a home game and play it at a regional venue, but I guess the point I’m making is it’s possible to honour what the match is celebrating without that location being where it’s played.

Might be a hot take but I’m not opposed to the country game taking place in the city. In the same way there are pride games and there’s no openly LGBTQ+ players in the league, and we have the Indigenous Round but no guarantee every team will have an Indigenous player in the 23, I think the same applies to this Country game. Obviously it wouldn’t be the most impossible thing for one of these clubs to sacrifice a home game and play it at a regional venue, but I guess the point I’m making is it’s possible to honour what the match is celebrating without that location being where it’s played.
I’m probably against the idea of all these ‘locked in’ games that certain clubs get each year guaranteed, no matter where they are on the previous seasons ladder. And in this particular instance seems so contrived. Your analogy of pride game is in this instance we have an ‘outed’ country game and it’s in Ballarat.

I’m probably against the idea of all these ‘locked in’ games that certain clubs get each year guaranteed, no matter where they are on the previous seasons ladder. And in this particular instance seems so contrived. Your analogy of pride game is in this instance we have an ‘outed’ country game and it’s in Ballarat.
Oh no I totally get what you mean, and I don’t entirely disagree, I just think Ballarat is probably going to be exclusive to the Doggies for the forseeable future so it essentially leaves no feasible ground for an Essendon vs Geelong game other than the MCG. But on the whole I’m generally not a fan of some of the locked in games so I kind of don’t even pay much mind to the Country game, but its always going to be at the MCG regardless of whether it’s the Countey game or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back