Autopsy Round 17 Richmond vs Sandringham @ Punt Road - 1pm Sat 02/08/2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I like how some posters hate Grigg so much that they'd rather believe that there is some sort of conspiracy going on than believe that Grigg has been playing well in the VFL.

Last week he had 30+ touches according to Tigers website yet had less then 10 to half time and wasn't great after half time.

I like how some posters hate Grigg so much that they'd rather believe that there is some sort of conspiracy going on than believe that Grigg has been playing well in the VFL.
The difference between the RFC stats and those from the VFL is enough to raise a few eyebrows.

Grigg - quiet first half but really got going in the second half and in the 3rd quarter was responsible for us getting that run on that saw us kick 8 goals for the quarter. While some of his clearance work might have been scrubbing kicks out of the pack there were plenty that were clean clearances that set up our attacking play. Easily BOG and will be playing seniors next week.
Dea - solid game down back and was responsible for organising the back 6. Used the ball well most of the day and some of his work in traffic was quite special.
Knights - not as big an impact as he had at Geelong when I last saw him play. Still it was great to see him covering plenty of ground and his class was evident.
Banfield - a real terrier around the F50 as he chases and tackles but the one thing that lets him down is that he just doesn't win enough possessions, if he could do that he'd be a handy player filling the King role as a defensive forward.
A.Edwards - the best forward for us today. While McBean kicked 4 and will get all the plaudits I actually thought that Edwards game was better overall. He led up and presented and option, worked hard when we didn't have the ball and when the opportunity presented he converted.
Helbig - courageous to the point of being suicidal at times today, laid a couple of big hits and went back with the flight of the ball to make a contest. Still not getting as much ball as you'd like him too.
McIntosh - first game back from a long lay off so wasn't expecting much from him. Good to blow the cobwebs out.
McBean - 4 goals gets the fans talking, but seriously he isn't ready for the AFL. Don't get me wrong the kid has all the talent to be a very good player, but he still looks so lost at times about where he needs to run to have an impact or to create space for the rest of the forward line. For mine I'd like to just see him continue to work on his game and develop the areas mentioned above.
McDonough - pretty much a stay at home role in the F50 today and he got 3 goals as a result. Really showed his class as a small/medium forward. With Lloyd being quiet the last 2 weeks Plugga could be a chance of getting back in.
Stephenson - dominant ruckman on the ground. Clunked marks at will, won plenty of hitouts and his work with Grigg was superb.
Williams - another one who was down on recent performances.
Elton - had the job on Spencer White and flogged him IMO. Yes White kicked 3 goals but overall I thought Elton did a great job. Something for him to work on for next year.
Arnot - seemed to get plenty of the footy, but just didn't seem to have a massive impact for mine. I see he was named 3rd best in the report, but I just didn't see it that way.
O'Hanlon - very quiet, it's almost like he knows that a decision has been made about his spot on the list and is just going through the motions. I'd be disappointed if both of those were true.
Darrou - again not as prolific as he has been in recent weeks disposal wise.

The difference between the RFC stats and those from the VFL is enough to raise a few eyebrows.
they're typically the same
Last week he had 30+ touches according to Tigers website yet had less then 10 to half time and wasn't great after half time.
Had 30 last week according to champion data, same as rfc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

miles gets 65 possies and 30 clearances in 2 vfl games and its a disgrace he wasnt playing round one ;)
grigg gets 65 and 30 clearances in two weeks and its still a disgrace hes on our list :D

The differential in RFC stats and VFL stats are no more than 1 disposal give or take per player, with most of the time showing a perfect stat count.

Yes, the start of the year a couple of stats were slightly skewed due to a lot of technical troubles we had to deal with which meant there were a few minutes a game where no stats were recorded, hence the differences in stats.

But now, the stats team is operating at around 95% efficiency and we do it in real time, live at every game whereas champion data get a copy of the DVD and code it from their offices on a Monday.

Pretty good job I like to think.

Download the Footy Live app and all the Champion Data stats for each player are there to see for every VFL game, they are pretty much exactly the same as our ones.

miles gets 65 possies and 30 clearances in 2 vfl games and its a disgrace he wasnt playing round one ;)
grigg gets 65 and 30 clearances in two weeks and its still a disgrace hes on our list :D
Very good point but doesn't this mean Grigg won't get his call up till round 6 next year. Miles had to wait another 10 games. Grigg just has to be patient , he's obviously not ready yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back