St.Kilda V Essendon by 33 points
Collingwood V Carlton by 30 points
Port Adelaide V Hawthorn by 24 points
Sydney V Geelong by 19 points
Brisbane V Melbourne by 7 points
RichmondV Adelaide by 4 points
Western Bulldogs V North Melbourne by 27 points
Fremantle V West Coast by 35 points

Based on your info here, I'm reversing my original tip and going with the Saints to hand the Bombers a 44-point shellacking.

You know what? We really should! But we won't because we don't play like the Cats or the Magpies, not because we can't. We bloody well could, but we just don't want to...

St Kilda - 30 pts (48K)
Collingwood - 18 pts (70K) - last quarter fightback by blues
Cats - 15 pts (40k) - don't care by how much as long as West and Hawkins fire
to keep Blake out
Hawks - 22 pts (15K) - The Buddy Arc will produce the goods
Brisbane - 12 pts (25K) - Pavlova and Browny to fire
Adelaide - 30 pts (40K) - Bock to keep Young Jack to 2 goals
Doggies - 60+ (30k) - Like last time, a training drill
Freo - 6 pts (25k) - Dockers JUST!!!

St.Kilda V Essendon by 45 points
Collingwood V Carlton by 61 points
Port Adelaide V Hawthorn by 10 points
Sydney V Geelong by 19 points
Brisbane V Melbourne by 3 points
Richmond V Adelaide by 22 points
Western Bulldogs V North Melbourne by 50 points
Fremantle V West Coast by 65 points

Essendon V St.Kilda - 14 pts
Essendon actually have a good record against St Kilda, but Winderlich out really hurts. And Riewoldt is well and truly due. Meanwhile Kosi, for a little while, actually looked like he belonged on an AFL field last game. St Kilda to win with Riewoldt kicking 4+.

Collingwood V Carlton - 22 pts
Collingwood have looked good this year, only occassionally being outmuscled by a more physical side. Carlton are far from a physical side, with only Judd being able to win the hard ball. I'm predicting a big lift from Carlton against Collingwood, which is the only reason I'll think they'll get as close as 22 points.

Port Adelaide V Hawthorn - 47 pts
Aside from Rodan, it's hard to see any positives in the Port side. Hawthorn are simply much better, all over the park. Hodge will have a big one and pretty well secure the Brownlow, while Swan has a relatively quiet one for Collingwood. I've said 47 points because Roughead and Franklin are woeful in front of goals. If by some miracle they are accurate, expect a much bigger margin.

Sydney V Geelong - 17 pts
So far, 100% of tippers in this thread have picked Geelong to win. When everybody on Big Footy agrees on something, it is almost invariably wrong. That is seriously the strongest argument I can come up with for Sydney in this game. In reality, expect Geelong to slaughter Sydney. Sydney have never had a match-up for Ablett, so he inevitably racks up 200 possessions and 17 goals. Sydney will win out of the ruck, over the hugely overrated Ottens, who only looks good because his point of comparison is Blake. I have a feeling Sydney might win this one, only because I am so sure that they wont.

Brisbane V Melbourne - 26 pts
We made Melbourne look like stars last round. Now they are even talking about the finals. Expect Brisbane to bring them back to earth with a great thumping. Fevola will finally play a decent game, and Brown will be the difference. Melbourne let the ball into their forward line far too often, and two of the better forwards in the game will make them pay. Besides, they actually have a chance at finals, and I sense a choke in the air.

Richmond V Adelaide - 9 pts
Richmond do quite well against the interstate teams, and Jack will be making a big push for the Coleman. Expect 75% of their forward entries to go to him, and expect to see some great goals from one of the more reliable goal-kickers in the league. Similar to Melbourne, Adelaide have a shot at finals, and I sense a choke is imminent.

Western Bulldogs V North Melbourne - 32 pts
Nothing to do with choking in this one. Western Bulldogs are just much better all over the ground. The Barry Hall incident made people forget just how badly the Bulldogs beat the hell out of the Kangas. Nothing has changed, except their is likely to be more protection for Hall now, so he is even more likely to hand out a revenge thrashing.

Fremantle V West Coast - 31 pts
This is the tip I'm least sure about. I have no confidence in Fremantle at this end of the season. Everything seems to be teetering on the edge for them. Against any other team I'd probably pick against Fremantle in an upset, but West Coast are so average it is hard to pick them. Josh Kennedy and Le Cras are really the only promising signs in that whole side. Nic Nat is looking more and more like a failed experiment. If Freo can shut down Le Cras and Kennedy, they should run this out pretty easily.

Brisbane V Melbourne - 26 pts
We made Melbourne look like stars last round. Now they are even talking about the finals. Expect Brisbane to bring them back to earth with a great thumping. Fevola will finally play a decent game, and Brown will be the difference. Melbourne let the ball into their forward line far too often, and two of the better forwards in the game will make them pay. Besides, they actually have a chance at finals, and I sense a choke in the air.

no people are talking about finals
if you actually know something about what the dees players have been saying they dont want to talk finals.

St Kilda - 30 pts (48K)
Collingwood - 18 pts (70K) - last quarter fightback by blues
Cats - 15 pts (40k) - don't care by how much as long as West and Hawkins fire
to keep Blake out
Hawks - 22 pts (15K) - The Buddy Arc will produce the goods
Brisbane - 12 pts (25K) - Pavlova and Browny to fire
Adelaide - 30 pts (40K) - Bock to keep Young Jack to 2 goals
Doggies - 60+ (30k) - Like last time, a training drill
Freo - 6 pts (25k) - Dockers JUST!!!

Derbies are the easiet crowd prediction ever
everytime its 40k
from as far back as i can rembr its always high 30's low 40's
We dont had 25k as a dockers home game in about 8 years

Essendon V St.Kilda - 34 pts

Collingwood V Carlton - 42 pts

Port Adelaide V Hawthorn - 13 pts

SydneyV Geelong - 30 pts

Brisbane V Melbourne - 6 pts

Richmond V Adelaide - 9 pts

Western Bulldogs V North Melbourne - 32 pts

Fremantle V West Coast - 11 pts :(

St.Kilda V Essendon by 30points- getting warmed up for finals

Collingwood V Carlton by 23 points- upset of the round

Port Adelaide V Hawthorn by 25 points- same as saints

Sydney V Geelong by 40 points- best team in the AFL last 3 years

Brisbane V Melbourne by 12 points- Bears are shocking
Richmond V Adelaide by 22 points- home game

Western Bulldogs V North Melbourne by 14 points- starting to peak

Fremantle V West Coast by 40 points- West Coast are shocking

Blues to win by 1 point from a kick after the siren.....by Heath Scotland:D
Caused by Didak giving away 3 consecutive 50mt penalities...later proven to be incorrect, and admitted as incorrect by the Geish:D:D:D

We lost last week and drew this week.... if anything, we are due for a win.

Oh, also - we haven't flogged a team by over eight goals since round 2 so if anything at all we are due for a BIG win.

Won't happen though.

Remind me not to read any of your posts ever again.

I said that the Bombers would win and then you came up with all that mumbo-jumbo and I changed the tip.

Friggen Saints fans .............. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doggies should cream us this week.

Something like 8 out of our best 22 are missing and we have not really found our form either this year. Plus Doggies are in Premiership winning form.

Anyway my tips.

St.Kilda V Essendon by 12 points

Collingwood V Carlton by 15 points

Port Adelaide V Hawthorn by 10 points

Sydney V Geelong by 28 points

Brisbane V Melbourne by 5 points

Richmond V Adelaide by 16 points

Western Bulldogs V North Melbourne by 56 points

Fremantle V West Coast by 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 18 Tips and Crowd Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad