Discussion Round 19, 2013: Predictions, Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just noticed that Sydney look like they have something different above the numbers, looked (longer) than SMFC.

Edit: looked on AFLphotos and it is SMFC, didn't think the text was this big:

I reckon this text is getting more "squashed" every year .... Looks a bit different to the one on Mero's site.

297644.jpg

My thoughts on this round:

Norf v Geelong - Good to see common sense prevail on the shorts, but I don't think Geelong's clash jumper looks any good. While that jumper does the job to solve the clash, on TV from a zoomed out angle it looked like Geelong was wearing a blue and white hooped inverse jumper (or maybe that is just my TV). Would like to see Geelong's clash jumper be navy blue with white pin-hoops.

GWS v Melbourne - Didn't watch the game but did look at the highlights online, looked like a massive clash as GWS have orange top and charcoal two-thirds, while Melbourne have a red top and navy two thirds. In motion red looked way too similar to orange and charcoal looked way too similar to navy blue. Even though I had Melbourne wearing home jumper with white shorts as my prefrence, they should have been wearing their clash (or more ideally GWS just voting for their other option so the jumper is mostly orange with bits of charcoal instead of almost half-charcoal and half orange, IMO would've solved the clash and make GWS's jumper look better and still prevented Melbourne from wearing a clash jumper).

Hawthorn v Richmond - Richmond's home jumper would look better if it didn't have the sash at the back and the numbers were yellow instead (similar to 1996). Would've also made a better contrast.

West Coast v Gold Coast - GC didn't need to wear their clash jumper, home jumper with red shorts would have looked better. As for West Coast the blue jumper with gold wings, along with royal blue shorts would have looked much better than what they wore.

Brisbane Lions v St Kilda - Even though I had StK's clash as my prefrence, I'm glad they wore their home with white shorts. Firstly their home jumper looks better than their clash but their home jumper with white shorts makes their kit look mostly white at the game with their big white panel in the middle and there was no clash. However if I had it completely my way they would have worn their 2009/10 clash jumper with white shorts as that was one of the best clash jumpers the league has ever had, while we wear our triple premiership jumper.

Carlton v Fremantle - They got this matchup spot-on.

Footscray v Sydney - They got this matchup spot-on. Gee that Bulldogs home jumper with royal shorts looks good.

Adelaide v Port - Not a big clash but not a perfect contrast. May have been better if Port wore their clash, not that big of a deal though.

Collingwood v Essendon - Would've been so much better if Essendon wore red shorts. Considering C'wood's colours are black and white and Essendon are red and black, it doesn't make sense for Ess to add white into their kit. Also Essendon home jumper with red shorts does have a traditional aspect to it.

[user]Hand[/user], [user]Spitta2Azza[/user], [user]hitthepost[/user]: 17/18
[user]ShaunWCEFC[/user], [user]NM Design[/user], [user]E92_[/user], [user]Speck[/user]: 16/18
[user]Maxwell110[/user], [user]Everton Lions[/user], [user]Smartys Power[/user], [user]Gibbsy[/user]: 15/18
[user]akkaps[/user], [user]CaNNaVo93[/user]: 14/18
[user]Essee Cross[/user], [user]Silent Alarm[/user], [user]melatonii[/user]: 13/18

Tough round. Every single person got GC wrong. :O Guess that says more about the AFL's farcical clash uniform policy than us.

I was confused as to why St Kilda chose to wear our home jumper with white shorts, I admittedly had little problem telling the sides apart, but Brisbane always wears a clash jumper against us in Melbourne (and not the " Fitzroy" one, either) so why wouldn't we do the same?

[user]ShaunWCEFC[/user], [user]NM Design[/user], [user]E92_[/user], [user]Speck[/user]: 16/18
[user]Maxwell110[/user], [user]Everton Lions[/user], [user]Smartys Power[/user], [user]Gibbsy[/user]: 15/18
[user]Essee Cross[/user], [user]Silent Alarm[/user], [user]melatonii[/user]: 13/18

Tough round. Every single person got GC wrong. :O Guess that says more about the AFL's farcical clash uniform policy than us.

Where's my Dig Deep point?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I not tip? o_O

Yep, I was just trying to figure out the best way to display it. Hopefully this works.

EDIT: Embed didn't work as I expected. Here's a PDF link. Italics means there's no evidence on AFL Photos to back up my assumptions.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6pMZ6GFSbw6aE5XMzVuZjFHWTA

Cheers for that.

So the only time the Eagles wore the ochre in a derby was in arguably the best one.

Crikey that's an awful lot of combos, I wouldn't think two others teams would get anywhere near the same number of combos as listed here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 19, 2013: Predictions, Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back