Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
20003.png
20009.png

Carlton VS. North Melbourne
4:40 PM
-------------
cannavo here: Apologies again, had a late shift

Last edited by a moderator:

was at the game tonight and it was a shocking match up. surely crows could of come up with a yellow or white guernsey for this match up

Why are Adelaide wearing a red jumper against Essendon?
The red isn't the problem - its the combination with the large amount of navy on the front.

A full red jumper like Swans and Suns is OK against the bombers.

The crows clash looks great by itself - but it's an absolutely terrible clash jumper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Crows had all their bases covered with the three guernseys they have this year but it seems not, just add a white or gold variant of the swooping crow and they’ll be right, as long as they never get rid of their current clash (best jumper in the league for mine, well from the front anyway).

Whatever happened to the Hawks retro kit ?

It would have caused a major clash. Common sense prevailed for once.
I think Hawthorn intend on wearing it with white shorts if the pics from training were anything to go by. Would make sense since they never wore it with brown shorts either. Therefore I imagine you guys would’ve been in full black. Interestingly though I’ve noticed Hawthorn still have match day graphics about this being their retro round game so I have no idea why they didn’t go Hawthorn in white and Collingwood in black.

It genuinely looks like the stitching. Would like to see other examples.
I think it’s a long sleeve specific thing. Smaller blokes like Bobby Hill who wear jumpers with a smaller circumference have the outer stripes connected on their jumper which you can see on the gif slightly higher up on this thread. The Sidebottom jumper looks like the stripes are supposed to also do this if not for the different shaped side seam on the long sleeve jumper.

does the white on the geelong retro look completely off when matched up with the current shorts? the white stripe looks almost grey from afar. surely cotton on could’ve made new shorts to match the shade of white to go with the guernsey.

Never mind, red shorts with away jumper.
It's an odd one this. I'd say red and maroon are as similar as black and royal blue are, and this match up will be absolutely fine like this:
Brisbane 1A.png Sydney 2A.png
So in theory this should be fine (looks more clashy as a graphic than in real life):
North 1A.png Collingwood 1A.png
But for whatever reason, the AFL ticks one off and not the other. Really weird to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 19, 2024: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back