Round 19: Essendon v Bulldogs Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers14

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2003
Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon
Talk about the lead up changes for both teams, predictions everything. Then when the match is being played people can update the scores of the match.

Could this please be stickied.

Out: Mercuri :(, Rama, Alessio (maybe, bulldogs only one ruckmen, we only went with one against them last time and were sucessful)
Possible Ins: Darren Walsh (very similar to Rama), Bear, Johns :)

Hennemann in for Cess perhaps...Having an additional skilled key position tall would really stretch the Bulldogs...they're really short on talls.

Courtney Johns: Can't wait to see this guy play. Hopefully there's room for him

Prediction: Essendon by 29 Points

Half Time Lead: Essendon by 35 Points

Crowd: 40,687

Weather: Closed roof at Telstra Dome. Perfect Conditions.

Danger men:

Bulldogs - Darcey, Smith, Johnson, West

Essnendon - Lloyd, Hird, Fletcher, M.Johnson

Originally posted by Fademan77
johns is injured and wont be promoted/named in the firsts.

welsh and bear might get a run though...

Johns aint injured...he is fine!!! Whisper is he wanted to go back on against the Bullants Sunday, but coach didnt let him...has been cleared by Doc's i heard from someone at club... Will be fien to play, just needs to be promoted now..

I haven't seen this Johns guy but he sounds really good. Hopefully he has no injury and gets selected as I would like to see him play.

A bit worried about their pace, especially as we don't have rama. Hopefully our taller players will dominate, but i can't see us winning this one as easily as the ladder would suggest.

Hope Harvey comes in again for his match-turning-cameo-before-getting-dropped vs the doggies.

Originally posted by Cupestar
Hennemann in for Cess perhaps...Having an additional skilled key position tall would really stretch the Bulldogs...they're really short on talls.

Courtney Johns: Can't wait to see this guy play. Hopefully there's room for him

I don;t understand why you would drop CEs when Hille was yet agian murdered in the ruck and without CES - dare I say it we could have only won by a goal. Not that I am bagging Hille - but we need a good strong backup for him when he is not playing well.

Mercs is gone - he was nothing short of terrible.

In Round 4 Hille murdered Luke Darcy and kicked 4 goals. As I also recall, he took on Brisbane pretty much on his own...Henneman has played as our backup ruckman before, and I hold him in higher esteem than Ces...sure McKernan had the better of Hille for a while on sat, but he bounced back towards the end.

By the looks of the team list Henno isn't going to play, but I really don't see the need for two ruckman against the doggies, Cess has never been more than an average footballer at his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cess has never been more than an average footballer at his best.

What a load of rubbish.... :mad:

At his best Ces was a match winner.

He won the last two games against Sydney for us.

Has been a very good finals performer.

The problem with Ces of course is that when he goes quiet than he is very very quiet.

But never forget that his best was very very good. :D

:p Yep, that's the one.

I didn't say his best came along often.

Just that most of us thought it was great when it did.

And then we would moan that we wish he would produce it more consistently.

And then, of course, he never did.

But.......... His best was very very good.

Alessio did play well at times but not he wasn't consistent enough. Hille is a good new player who can kick some goals to. He is better then Alessio.

Bulldogs against the Bombers match starts in just over 2 Hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 19: Essendon v Bulldogs Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back