Friday night game.
Can really set up or ruin your weekend

Weā€™re 4-0 on Friday night games this year, letā€™s keep that going plz

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We literally lost our first Friday Night this year

This is a bit of a ā€œmehā€ gameā€¦

If we win - Good onya
If we lose - Reinforces the last month of performances

I feel like whatever we do tonight wonā€™t convince anyone either wayā€¦other than if we get smacked by 10 goalsā€¦

In other wordsā€¦nothing will surprise me tonight. Iā€™m more interested in how we play and that we donā€™t drop our heads when things donā€™t go our way than the actual result which is weird in itselfā€¦

In saying that I wouldnā€™t mind if we smack them by 10 goals for a bit of %

Go Dons!

True:

It just Sh*** me that it unlocks the whole transition game. Teams been poor at transition all year but wonā€™t move a player because heā€™s a getting lots of the ball in a position where thatā€™s expected
Hobbs can play Caldwell's role as well

Largely caused by our determination to fling him around the order.

His numbers stack up favourably to nearly all A/R from his era. Very similar to Flintoff for example.

I will die on this hill.
How do you feel about Mitch Marsh?

My brother was an amateur at the English league club that Shaun Marsh was at way back. Thought Shaun was an absolute champion guy, really good fella with no ego.

I was really glad to see Mitch have some success recently as he seems cut from the same cloth.

And before we get booted out of this thread..... go the Bombers. Win by 35.

How do you feel about Mitch Marsh?

My brother was an amateur at the English league club that Shaun Marsh was at way back. Thought Shaun was an absolute champion guy, really good fella with no ego.

I was really glad to see Mitch have some success recently as he seems cut from the same cloth.

And before we get booted out of this thread..... go the Bombers. Win by 35.
Was very lucky to get his recall but has performed fairly well since his return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind the changes. Hobbs has been below average in the 2s prior to last week so hardly beating down the door. We have half a dozen out of form they can't all be replaced and if they are young it's ok to keep playing them (Perkins, Cox). In saying that I'd have kept Hind in over both.

It's tricky with Draper, ideally they dropped him and played Goldy for his tap work last week, would have helped us win but slowed development especially considering he's still coming back from long lay off (25 is still very young for a ruck too). At this stage playing two ruck is kinda the only option and can always sub one in the 3rd.

I'm hoping it's mostly just Caddy, Langford, Stringer forward with a ruck in the bench. Stringers delivery into f50 was horrendous, better just forward. Draper's marking and second efforts look far superior to 2mp who does very little 95% of the game so glad they made the call there if they do play him forward.

Lav - Hepp is obvious. Glad Menzies is still being developed. Nobody else really seems to have earned a spot even it would be nice to give them a run.

In regards to the coach I thought he did excellent against the Pies but terrible last week so staying on the fence. Still would have preferred Hird but hey.
Mate, are you me?

It's under the roof, negating the rain.
But Adelaide aren't the worst at Marvel.
We will likely put up a good showing after last week, then drop our bundle again next week.
Just enough to keep us supporters living in hope a little bit longer. Killing me softly.

Good changes. As long as 2MP and Hepp are made to earn their way back in via the VFL. I have a feeling theyā€™ve conveniently been ā€˜omittedā€™ the week of the VFL bye and will both be straight back in next week.

Selection the last 4 weeks or so seems like it's out of sync by one week. This week's side is the one we should've played last week and so on.

Anyhow, l hate these games where we are favourites and should win, amps up both my stress levels and pessimism.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back