VFL Game Day Round 2: Sandringham vs Essendon, Trevor Barker Beach Oval, Sunday at midday

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss HAS to play in the seniors next week.
I was waiting for this one 🙂
If he does it has to be for Stringer or Langford as that is the role he plays . Does not play a KPF role.
To be honest he has been the same as last week. Good with plenty to work on . His pressure and chase defensively has been non existent at times apart from one good tackle in from of goals.

Wait, which is it? Ready for AFL level or not?
Just play him honestly. He’s kicking goals for fun, deserves an opportunity.

If he does it has to be for Stringer or Langford as that is the role he plays . Does not play a KPF role.
To be honest he has been the same as last week. Good with plenty to work on . His pressure and chase defensively has been non existent at times apart from one good tackle in from of goals.
So it's a no from you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's a no from you?
If he replaced Jones then you have to change the roles . He will not lead up all day . He plays a different game . More like a medium forward. He will look like Baldwin did if you ask him to take on the Jones role.

Id be ok for stringer -> voss if the tank ks there. Tried watching for him whilst not being too rude at lunch at the pub :p

Tbf, stringers defensive efforts are almost nil too, so do we lose much vs. getting a kid with his hunger.

If he replaced Jones then you have to change the roles . He will not lead up all day . He plays a different game . More like a medium forward. He will look like Baldwin did if you ask him to take on the Jones role.
Voss would likely play deeper to goal like the role langford played last week or stringer. Different role to Jones plays

Is he not being groomed to play as the deep key forward ? I would doubt he would be used in the Jones role

As far as his pressure in the forward half goes, he's laid quite a few tackles today and most have stuck ?

Anyways I'd rather concentrate on what he does well, there's a lot to work with i think .

Id be ok for stringer -> voss if the tank ks there. Tried watching for him whilst not being too rude at lunch at the pub :p

Tbf, stringers defensive efforts are almost nil too, so do we lose much vs. getting a kid with his hunger.
Watching him live you get a good idea of how he is working away from the footy. It has been less than Stringer level .
He was probably our best today. If he comes in as a medium forward it could work but another medium has to go out.

Watching him live you get a good idea of how he is working away from the footy. It has been less than Stringer level .
He was probably our best today. If he comes in as a medium forward it could work but another medium has to go out.
Stringer im ok with dropping. Go build match fitness in the vfl. He should be ripping and raring to go. Last night, he was not.

If we're gonna carry players with limited impact, id prefer it be kids who need some exposure

Is he not being groomed to play as the deep key forward ? I would doubt he would be used in the Jones role

As far as his pressure in the forward half goes, he's laid quite a few tackles today and most have stuck ?

Anyways I'd rather concentrate on what he does well, there's a lot to work with i think .
No. He plays deep but he is not close to a KPF .
I have been watching him live for a good number of games now. It is the only way you get a good idea of how they work off the ball .
He does not take contested marks in pack situations. In fact he gets out marked a lot in pack situations.
If you want a line on how he translates to AFL level then think more aggressive Langford with a bit less footy smarts or Jake Stringer with less total X factor.
I am not saying he is no good. I am saying he is not a KPF so to get in he has to replace one of the medium forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back