Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

i have a little dillemma

i had tendai mzungu in my team and as i was living under a rock for the last two weeks of preseason, i didnt realise he got injured.

question is who should i trade him to. Who are some promising rookies in either the mids or the fwds because mzungu is dp.

i already have
heppell
harris
swallow
atley
conca
i smith
darling
richardson
prestia
matera

Wow alot of trades have been made from the last update if anyone wants me to update the new lists from todays let me know - or ill just upload them friday which be much easy

-pretty Much the same trades few different ones
-Alot more people have traded though

Tapscott is now ranked one in Players Traded in :thumbsu: I don't have him he looked awesome last week more supercoach play i feel.

Yes please.

Is anyone considering trading out Hibberd to Curnow/Beams/Bewick/Irons/Savage/Toy?

I would say Hibberd was selected as the DP link with Heppell

Which is proving to be a poor choice considering the number of good back rookies this year. I'll be looking to downgrade to a basement price B/M player to sit in the 3rd bench spot around round 10 and use the link for cover then.

How are you getting this info?

And wtf isn't this practically cheating?

Just jump on all the popular trades every week and you wouldn't have to do anything... except apply a bit more logic where necessary.

Wouldn't it make all the gun DTers trying to win the comp wait to pull their trades till the last possible moment each week so that the trades don't register on any of those lists...

E.g. say bringing in Hayes at some point early on last year would have been quite rare (i think I did it in rnd 6/7/8 or something...) but it would have probably shown up in this list and then every man and their dog would have jumped on...

F)*(&)*(& this. I quit next year if Demetriou and DT website pull any more of this shit.

Haha what are you going on about? :eek:

Also lmao at those that brought in JRoo. A bit of sympathy for those that were forced to trade Brown for him.

As far as not dropping value is concerned, the best rounds of the season to get bad scores are Rounds 1 & 2, in that order. Round one drops out of the rolling average after the first price change. Any loss can be easily recovered.

A shocker in Round 3 will have a far greater impact.

Which is proving to be a poor choice considering the number of good back rookies this year. I'll be looking to downgrade to a basement price B/M player to sit in the 3rd bench spot around round 10 and use the link for cover then.

Like... errr.... Hibberd? ;)

With the extra bench spot, you can possibly afford to have a few of your bench miss the first few games. Given that youngsters will need to be rested, and you can only make 2 trades per week, having your bench players start their campaigns in a staggered fashion may even prove advantageous.

Patience, especially in the early rounds, is clearly an underrated virtue.

All that said, Foley is gawwwwwwwn! :D

The people trading out Foley and Selwood have to be some of the biggest DT n00bs, it just defies all logic.

Can't really agree with that BACCS, Foley has a breakeven of 96 and on recent form will most likely go down in price. He quite simply isn't cutting it at the moment and just doesn't look fit enough. In addition, it gives you the chance to jump on a rookie who is scoring as well or better than Foley with some good job security, whilst freeing up some cash for an upgrade.

The only player i'm not happy enough with is Shaun Atley... only problem is that there aren't too many attractive rookies to trade him for... hm.... and Kangas have the bye next week so I could hold onto him if I wanted to trade to any other Kangas/Adelaide/GC rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have Hibberd and you can afford to keep him on your bench, keep him imo.

We are bound to get an injury somewhere along the line and he will get a game-watch his Bendigo Bombers form-because he's one of those rookies who can play anywhere really.

Madness to get rid of him so early...

If you have Hibberd and you can afford to keep him on your bench, keep him imo.

We are bound to get an injury somewhere along the line and he will get a game-watch his Bendigo Bombers form-because he's one of those rookies who can play anywhere really.

Except he's not playing VFL...
He's injured, Bombers just haven't said he is.

Except he's not playing VFL...
He's injured, Bombers just haven't said he is.

Yer forgot to mention that. But I still reckon he's worth hanging onto, even till the middle of the season.

If it's not effecting a team's bench situation.

I want as much cash from my rookies as quickly as possible.

Curnow can provide that, Hibberd can't (due to injury).

IMO it's worth burning a trade (I'm not going to need 24) to get as much cash as possible for my later upgrade targets.

IMO it's worth burning a trade (I'm not going to need 24) to get as much cash as possible for my later upgrade targets.

Can't argue with that logic. Although there's no proof/statement that has said that he has a long-term injury.

A lot harder for Yarran owners to trade him after that performance.

While i havent watched the game yet due to it not being shown in perth, i knew he would score well against gold coast and dont take it as much of an indicator. Will make me think a bit more about the trade, and will be watching him closely when i finally get to see the game but almost certain hes out of my team, ive got a bit of spare cash i kept for just this reason and will be upgrading him slightly.

Can't argue with that logic. Although there's no proof/statement that has said that he has a long-term injury.

There's not, but if he doesn't come back until round 4, his first price rise isn't going to be until the conclusion of round 6.

Curnow would've had 4 price rises by then.

While i havent watched the game yet due to it not being shown in perth, i knew he would score well against gold coast and dont take it as much of an indicator. Will make me think a bit more about the trade, and will be watching him closely when i finally get to see the game but almost certain hes out of my team, ive got a bit of spare cash i kept for just this reason and will be upgrading him slightly.

Had the luxury last night of being able to play like he did in the pre-season. He's not going to be left unmarked by any other team this season I would think.

I am possibly looking at Atley ------> Curnow this week TBH

I'm tossing up between Atley and Hibberd.

Hibberd has the advantage of being DPP, but I'll only be without it until I downgrade somebody to Ben Jacobs when he recovers (no big deal).

Atley has only scored 40's so far - but his value is going to go up if he continues scoring 40's until round 7 or 8. Hibberd's first price rise wont be until round 5 at the earliest (assuming he plays this week - which is a rather big assumption).

Leaning towards Hibberd atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back