Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

With two trades per week though I can easily get him back in later if he starts firing in a few weeks... He will drop in price after round 3 even if he scores 2 big 120/130's. It is all about making money this year and if I got the trades to spare, swapping the premo's is a good idea. Danger's Breakeven for this week is 216. On the other hand Swallow's is 39 and will make me money.
I'm personally going to give him one more week and make some other trades while I can this week. If Danger pulls out a 140 this week; he will only go down by 8k the next week if he scores 100.

How bad could he do against a Raines-less Brisbane? It's not like he's a Jack Watts and you're dying to kick him from your team. If he stinks it up or scores a sub 90 you can always trade him to Swallow before his price plummets.

Thinking Toumpas > Crouch
Robinson > Kennedy or Chapman

Reasoning - have both Lucas and Toumpas I want out of mids. Lucas at least found some ball but just decided to not kick the thing. He can have 1 more week to redeem himself. Toumpas was missing in a side that goes missing - he needs to go first.

Robinson was a placeholder for Steve J but that didn't work out at all. Kennedy I didn't have the guts to choose straight away but impressed in almost knocking up a ton with only 2 goals. Chapman I though was maybe getting a little old and overpriced.... Leaning towards Kennedy just because he is an eagle - but also leaves me with enough cash to upgrade Lucas to a 500k gun next week - if I went Chapman I could only side or downgrade him.

Operation Get Ablett, Was hoping that he wouldn't be amazingly awesome and I might get a reduction but no chance.

Dunno how to get him in though with mid rookies looking like making decent coin.

Thinking Toumpas > Crouch
Robinson > Kennedy or Chapman

Reasoning - have both Lucas and Toumpas I want out of mids. Lucas at least found some ball but just decided to not kick the thing. He can have 1 more week to redeem himself. Toumpas was missing in a side that goes missing - he needs to go first.
Will Crouch start on the field for you? If not, no point in swapping Toumpas for him now. Wait 2 more weeks, get the little price rise from Toumpas and then trade in Crouch on the bubble.. Otherwise you are trading a playing rookie who can make you some coin for no profit at all.

On top of this (just my opinion), but I think Toumpas will come good, like really good. Once he actually got the ball in the game against Port he looked very slick. Tall and solid frame and can run hard. 1-2 more weeks and some more confidence I think he will be scoring well. I will be keeping him, like I said before, if he goes bad swap to a rookie on the bubble, eg. Crouch.

Can't remember, it was something del something I'm pretty sure.. just look up weekly rankings and look for something like that?
Cheers.
Poder Del Exito. Pretty good looking team. Good picks in Ebert and Mundy. His unique picks in the fwd line (Bolton, Harper) failed to fire, but other than that....

Will Crouch start on the field for you? If not, no point in swapping Toumpas for him now. Wait 2 more weeks, get the little price rise from Toumpas and then trade in Crouch on the bubble.. Otherwise you are trading a playing rookie who can make you some coin for no profit at all.

On top of this (just my opinion), but I think Toumpas will come good, like really good. Once he actually got the ball in the game against Port he looked very slick. Tall and solid frame and can run hard. 1-2 more weeks and some more confidence I think he will be scoring well. I will be keeping him, like I said before, if he goes bad swap to a rookie on the bubble, eg. Crouch.

Good advice. Crouch wont start for me - Wines, Omeara and Viney are all ahead of him atm. Gives me another week to think about it. Also if Jones gets a nice score next week he might even get a look in.

NO SECOND THOUGHT: Watts to j.kennedy straight up. DONE
Second Trade is a little harder as my team fired. (score 2112 Team Name: Tassieblues)
There are 2 scenarios i am thinking about. Note i do not have Wines!!
S (Scooter) Selwood to M Barlow and keeping my 6 premium mid stategy and on the mind set of getting wines in next week for a bench player. $96k left
OR: Scooter to Wines and abandoning my stategy but having $435k left

Reasoning for putting S Selwood up for trade: Scooter tagged againts freo and all signs are pointing to him tagging S Mitchell this week meaning another low score COULD be coming up and a hefty price drop.

Thoughts on what i should do.

Cheers.
Poder Del Exito. Pretty good looking team. Good picks in Ebert and Mundy. His unique picks in the fwd line (Bolton, Harper) failed to fire, but other than that....
He's gone with a cheap forward line, spent cash in the mids which has paid off for him Round 1, we'll see if it can continue.

NO SECOND THOUGHT: Watts to j.kennedy straight up. DONE
Second Trade is a little harder as my team fired. (score 2112)
There are 2 scenarios i am thinking about. Note i do not have Wines!!
S (Scooter) Selwood to M Barlow and keeping my 6 premium mid stategy and on the mind set of getting wines in next week for a bench player. $96k left
OR: Scooter to Wines and abandoning my stategy but having $435k left

Reasoning for putting S Selwood up for trade: Scooter tagged againts freo and all signs are pointing to him tagging S Mitchell this week meaning another low score COULD be coming up and a hefty price drop.

Thoughts on what i should do.

I can't bring myself to offer any helpful advice to a team ranked in the top 100 ..I just can't...I wont!

Aarrrh **** it Scooter > Ziebell FTW! :thumbsu: You can thank me later. :)

Any rookies named for the first time next week will be 1st considered after round 3.

Holding on to Rookies that will not price rise post Rnd 3 puts you 1 week behind to begin with.

If Viney, Wines, O'Meara, B Goodes, Neade, Matt Jones, Kommer, Pittard, Stevenson and Heath contiune to get games there are going to be some pretty healthy price rises to cash in at some stage. Keeping Vlastuin or Terlich... or even Blicavs in mids will put the cash generation into neutral and upgrades will suffer.

If Terlich is named next round I'll just wait until he is named for his 3rd game before bringing him in. And then he has to have a lower BE than my current lot of rookies....

Tempted to ditch Watts but have a feeling he'll rebound this week.

Lucas or Embley will likely get ditched. If I keep Embley and he gets vested again I'll vent, then just cry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any rookies named for the first time next week will be 1st considered after round 3.

Holding on to Rookies that will not price rise post Rnd 3 puts you 1 week behind to begin with.

If Viney, Wines, O'Meara, B Goodes, Neade, Matt Jones, Kommer, Pittard, Stevenson and Heath contiune to get games there are going to be some pretty healthy price rises to cash in at some stage. Keeping Vlastuin or Terlich... or even Blicavs in mids will put the cash generation into neutral and upgrades will suffer.

If Terlich is named next round I'll just wait until he is named for his 3rd game before bringing him in. And then he has to have a lower BE than my current lot of rookies....

Ok say you currently have Colquhoun @ B8 and he is named for his 1st game for Rd3, but a cheaper albeit it crappy DT scorer like Frost is already on the bubble and is named for his 3rd game. Do you burn a very early trade to make a quick 20-30k then jump off or wait an extra couple of weeks for a much higher return and burn trades elsewhere?

At this stage I won't be making any trades. Very happy with my side at the moment and don't see a need to make any trades just yet.

Most of my premiums scored well, can't complain about my mid-priced players at this stage and I nailed my rookie selections.

I have an eye on a few of my premiums who underperformed in round 1 but will give them another week. Looking in particular at Goddard and Buddy. If they have another poor round they are going to drop a fair bit in price and there's no real reason not to get rid of them for a premium who is performing well and who is undervalued.

The best example of that thus far is Hartlett. Performed well in R1 and is 80k cheaper than Goddard. I probably improve my scoring for a while and pocket the extra money with an eye to bringing BJ back into my side down the track once he has lost his hefty price tag and looks to be turning the corner with his scoring.

Many people will turn their noses up and dismiss that tactic but I think it is absolutely valid in 2013. In years gone past I would have agreed with them but this season is a different kettle of fish. With the amount of extra trades we have this year I don't see so called 'sideways trading' as an issue this season. In fact I think the person who does that best will go a long way to winning the overall prize.

I am looking to go down a similar path in the forwards with Buddy and to a lesser extent Bartel (who scored OK but 1 outstanding quarter saved him from a miserable score) but it is not as easy to do in the forwards than with the defenders. Not many of the premium forwards fired in R1 so it is a bit more complicated than with the defenders and requires a little more consideration from me. Lucky I have another week or so to consider my options.

Tempted to ditch Watts but have a feeling he'll rebound this week.

Lucas or Embley will likely get ditched. If I keep Embley and he gets vested again I'll vent, then just cry.

Can't keep Watts for another week. How can you stand even having to scroll down to the lowest scorers late in the game and see his name staring back at you.
The guy didn't take a single mark for the whole game, even though his side was smashed by 13 goals and the ball was always down in defence where he was.
Does not try hard enough....don't do it to yourself.

My problems this week are Embley and Robinson.

Embley will score well if he gets full games, but he is butchering the ball at the moment and is a very strong chance to be dropped once we get Rosa/Kerr/Welly/LeCras into the side all at once. That won't happen for at least another 3-5 games so there is money to be made there if he isn't vested. If I keep him then I'm hoping that the green vest was purely because he was coming back in off a hamstring streak and not a sign of things to come. His big tank, the loss to Freo and sub par performances from some of the younger Eagles would indicate he won't get the vest this week, but there are no guarantees. Moloney is the obvious replacement if I decide to trade and can scrape together the cash.

Robinson is coming off a concussion, but the 10 day break works in his favour. He may be a vest chance, but probably not. It is a big game and the Blues need all their available talent on the field. My main concerns are: (1) the way he throws himself into the contest may lead to another concussion which would probably see him have a week off (are there rules about this?); and (2) with no Waite and now no Betts or Hampson the Blues are missing some much needed firepower up forward, leading to less mid time for Robbo.

I am $1k short from trading Embley->Moloney and Robbo->Wright :(

Sorry for the lengthy spiel, but I would be interested to hear from others who are experiencing similar problems with these players.

Cheers.
Thats the one.
And those picks couldve easily paid off as easily as they didn't last week. Well done, Dunn Well Done :thumbsu:

^@ Sloppy Joe

How about Embley -> Somner, Robbo -> Wright? Sumner looked fantastic and you can afford it.

My problems this week are Embley and Robinson.

Embley will score well if he gets full games, but he is butchering the ball at the moment and is a very strong chance to be dropped once we get Rosa/Kerr/Welly/LeCras into the side all at once. That won't happen for at least another 3-5 games so there is money to be made there if he isn't vested. If I keep him then I'm hoping that the green vest was purely because he was coming back in off a hamstring streak and not a sign of things to come. His big tank, the loss to Freo and sub par performances from some of the younger Eagles would indicate he won't get the vest this week, but there are no guarantees. Moloney is the obvious replacement if I decide to trade and can scrape together the cash.

Robinson is coming off a concussion, but the 10 day break works in his favour. He may be a vest chance, but probably not. It is a big game and the Blues need all their available talent on the field. My main concerns are: (1) the way he throws himself into the contest may lead to another concussion which would probably see him have a week off (are there rules about this?); and (2) with no Waite and now no Betts or Hampson the Blues are missing some much needed firepower up forward, leading to less mid time for Robbo.

I am $1k short from trading Embley->Moloney and Robbo->Wright :(

Sorry for the lengthy spiel, but I would be interested to hear from others who are experiencing similar problems with these players.

With Hampson & more importantly Betts out, I would think Walker would need to go back to the forward line this week, since Yarran's forward/defensive pressure in almost non existent. Having said that, Mitch will no doubt spend some time on the HF line as well. So long as it's not a lock down role, he should still score well enough when playing forward. I think he will play and bounce back, the kid has a very hard noggin.

At this stage I won't be making any trades. Very happy with my side at the moment and don't see a need to make any trades just yet.

Most of my premiums scored well, can't complain about my mid-priced players at this stage and I nailed my rookie selections.

I have an eye on a few of my premiums who underperformed in round 1 but will give them another week. Looking in particular at Goddard and Buddy. If they have another poor round they are going to drop a fair bit in price and there's no real reason not to get rid of them for a premium who is performing well and who is undervalued.

The best example of that thus far is Hartlett. Performed well in R1 and is 80k cheaper than Goddard. I probably improve my scoring for a while and pocket the extra money with an eye to bringing BJ back into my side down the track once he has lost his hefty price tag and looks to be turning the corner with his scoring.

Many people will turn their noses up and dismiss that tactic but I think it is absolutely valid in 2013. In years gone past I would have agreed with them but this season is a different kettle of fish. With the amount of extra trades we have this year I don't see so called 'sideways trading' as an issue this season. In fact I think the person who does that best will go a long way to winning the overall prize.

I am looking to go down a similar path in the forwards with Buddy and to a lesser extent Bartel (who scored OK but 1 outstanding quarter saved him from a miserable score) but it is not as easy to do in the forwards than with the defenders. Not many of the premium forwards fired in R1 so it is a bit more complicated than with the defenders and requires a little more consideration from me. Lucky I have another week or so to consider my options.

If Goddard scores another 70 and Hartlett 100+ again this week, it's a no brainer making that trade next week even if only for the short term.

I fell into a couple of poorly performing midpricers. Bewick, Byrnes, Hill (too bad about the hammie).

Is it worth picking up Wines if you didn't have him in your starting team?

Should I keep Vince? Horrible score first up but he did seem to get around the ground and the umpires went against everything he did.

A disaster first round makes me want to second guess everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back