Preview Round 2 v Gold Coast, I mean Fremantle, I mean GWS. Sunday 6 February, 4:40pm ACDT @ Blacktown International Sports Park

Remove this Banner Ad

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Is there a game? Where is the game? Who are we playing?

After all the excitement of the past week, we’ve landed on GWS at Blacktown.

It’s also Pride Round, and the girls will be wearing an awesome Pride guernsey for the match.

Some of the girls talk about what Pride Round means to them in this video, and Erin Phillips mentions the awesome support Rainbow Crows show the girls in the clip:

As for the game itself, we’re coming off a big win over West Coast, but preparation for the game has been disrupted. I’m confident we’ll get the win, but it may be closer than most expect.

Also, an absolute shame this game will be behind closed doors unnecessarily. Our NSW supporters get limited opportunities to see our sides each season, it’s just wrong to lock the fans out when there is no COVID risk.

Tough match to predict given everything that went on the past week, GWS play Blacktown well and will be buoyed being back home.

Alyce Parker the obvious one they need to stop, absolutely destroyed them last season when racking up 30 disposals in that very weird game at Richmond Oval that GWS somehow won, she’s an absolute gun and singlehandedly lifts GWS as a team.

Getting a whole team performance probably GWS’ main issue. The ever reliable Alicia Eva in the middle has got a lot a ball against the Crows in the past, McKinnon uses her tall frame well especially at stoppages around the ground and Elle Bennett’s off half-back/wing can get under the guard as well, up forward is probably their weakness, Privitelli can take a grab but Staunton looks far past her best at this level especially last week against Freo.

Interesting to see where Randall plays, like to see her even more as a permanent forward tomorrow as they still desperately need more dynamic marking options up there. Desperately need Ponter to find form, like I said after the West Coast game, if she’s playing as a forward actually pinpoint her out and kick her the ball otherwise she’s being wasted up there.

I'd surely think the GWS players would have been embarrassed with Brid Stack's public sooking - I would be -

It was a football incident, 0% malice in it and just a super unfortunate result

If Marinoff had come through with a hip and shoulder and broken her neck she would have rightly got 4 or more games and the Giants players would have every right to target her next time they play - but if they do anything today it'll be a sad spectacle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are the stripes rainbow coloured?

It’s also Pride Round, and the girls will be wearing an awesome Pride guernsey for the match.

Some of the girls talk about what Pride Round means to them in this video, and Erin Phillips mentions the awesome support Rainbow Crows show the girls in the clip:

As for the game itself, we’re coming off a big win over West Coast, but preparation for the game has been disrupted. I’m confident we’ll get the win, but it may be closer than most expect.

Also, an absolute shame this game will be behind closed doors unnecessarily. Our NSW supporters get limited opportunities to see our sides each season, it’s just wrong to lock the fans out when there is no COVID risk.

Almost coast to coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back