Round 20 Trades: Elimination Final Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only got two left and I'm still alive if I were to lose this week. I'm tempted to leave things as they are.

Like wise got second chances in both leagues anyway ... want to save the trades in case i need them the next few weeks as i wouldnt mind staying in touch with the top 100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking at Danger, JPK and possibly Lloyd out. If that's the case I'm really hoping Ryan scores.

I'm also facing a league knock-out... so consdering a trade, but if I wait a week I can likely afford Ainsworth to Buddy. If not, maybe Greenwood to Buddy. Ryder?

Who knows. This DT year is circling the drain.

Strangely, based on form Alex Witherden might be the pick of the bunch under $470k.
Witherden has played his way into my D6 spot, Lloyd being out last week just meant I had to play him no matter what but I was planning on playing Witherden over Greenwood last week anyway.

Kinda sucked having good bench cover last week and checking teams at 730 on Friday night once I had finished gym/pool, played Greenwood as Lloyd's replacement and left Ryan at D7, yep 138 sitting on the pine while Tuohy only manages half that score.

Got Danger and Hodge out this week though so I need an extra midfielder this week to be brought in. I have better forward coverage keeping Greenwood rather than Ryan, so if 2 forwards are out, I can cover that line, same goes down back.

The battle for D5 for the last 3 weeks is between Tuohy and Lloyd, so I don't mind playing both this week considering they're playing each other.

So yeah, trading Ryan and Hibberd is the go for me this week and I've only got 468k or something to upgrade with, Ryan will make a shitload of cash the next two weeks, but I'd rather just upgrade him now as there's not many mids I like after 1 price rise for next week, perhaps someone more attractive is available after two price rises, but then I only get 2 weeks of scores rather than 4, so I'll back my coverage in and get 4 weeks of scores from a cheap mid rather than 2.

The way I see it, an out of form Rocky/Sloane/Grigg type is just as good or better than fielding 1 of Lloyd/Tuohy/Nank/Greenwood. This week I'll have to field a Greenwood/Hartlett though, I'll only field Nank if he rucks solo, he seems to be playing more key forward currently so unless his role changes, he's staying at R3/F7.

Sloane may score well the next three weeks as the teams he plays don't really have a tagger, Ebert probably is the one who goes to him if Hinkley tags but Ebert has been in great form as a ball winning inside mid so dunno if he does, Hutchings in R23 the main worry.

Rocky tackled on the weekend, an encouraging sign, he needs to find his own footy though and hope Robertson tags instead.

Grigg is the safest option and was averaging 97 up until three weeks ago and has dipped down to 92 and has bottomed out, a little hard to tell what he does but he could easily average 100 across the last month, hence why I'm looking at him as a POD.

The way I see it, an out of form Rocky/Sloane/Grigg type is just as good or better than fielding 1 of Lloyd/Tuohy/Nank/Greenwood. This week I'll have to field a Greenwood/Hartlett though, I'll only field Nank if he rucks solo, he seems to be playing more key forward currently so unless his role changes, he's staying at R3/F7.

Sloane may score well the next three weeks as the teams he plays don't really have a tagger, Ebert probably is the one who goes to him if Hinkley tags but Ebert has been in great form as a ball winning inside mid so dunno if he does, Hutchings in R23 the main worry.

Rocky tackled on the weekend, an encouraging sign, he needs to find his own footy though and hope Robertson tags instead.

Grigg is the safest option and was averaging 97 up until three weeks ago and has dipped down to 92 and has bottomed out, a little hard to tell what he does but he could easily average 100 across the last month, hence why I'm looking at him as a POD.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-02/skipper-boak-happy-to-play-tag-with-sloane

Boak to tag. Dont know about his tagging credentials. Hope he's slow and Sloane runs rings around him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witherden has played his way into my D6 spot, Lloyd being out last week just meant I had to play him no matter what but I was planning on playing Witherden over Greenwood last week anyway.

Kinda sucked having good bench cover last week and checking teams at 730 on Friday night once I had finished gym/pool, played Greenwood as Lloyd's replacement and left Ryan at D7, yep 138 sitting on the pine while Tuohy only manages half that score.

Got Danger and Hodge out this week though so I need an extra midfielder this week to be brought in. I have better forward coverage keeping Greenwood rather than Ryan, so if 2 forwards are out, I can cover that line, same goes down back.

The battle for D5 for the last 3 weeks is between Tuohy and Lloyd, so I don't mind playing both this week considering they're playing each other.

So yeah, trading Ryan and Hibberd is the go for me this week and I've only got 468k or something to upgrade with, Ryan will make a shitload of cash the next two weeks, but I'd rather just upgrade him now as there's not many mids I like after 1 price rise for next week, perhaps someone more attractive is available after two price rises, but then I only get 2 weeks of scores rather than 4, so I'll back my coverage in and get 4 weeks of scores from a cheap mid rather than 2.

In relation to your comment re trading Ryan I'd be looking at trading 2E instead. Past month has Ryan scoring 77, 88, 72 & 138. On the other hand 2E has scored 65, 76, 87 & 69. Ryan has been more consistent and as last week showed has a higher ceiling. This week I'll have Ryan on the field with 2E as emerg.

In relation to your comment re trading Ryan I'd be looking at trading 2E instead. Past month has Ryan scoring 77, 88, 72 & 138. On the other hand 2E has scored 65, 76, 87 & 69. Ryan has been more consistent and as last week showed has a higher ceiling. This week I'll have Ryan on the field with 2E as emerg.
Tuohy = 3 home games to come

If he's ever going to score ok, it's across the final month. 3 x 90s and a 110 at Simonds for him this year in his 4 games there.

I'd trade Lloyd before Tuohy to be honest considering his scoring potential has been marginalised by McVeigh returning.

Tuohy = 3 home games to come

If he's ever going to score ok, it's across the final month. 3 x 90s and a 110 at Simonds for him this year in his 4 games there.

I'd trade Lloyd before Tuohy to be honest considering his scoring potential has been marginalised by McVeigh returning.
I think you place too much emphasis on where they are playing. I'm persuaded more by current form.
I feel Stewart is being used far more now as the release defender and has taken a lot of Tuohy's numbers from him accordingly. In the earlier games played at Simmons Stewart was just finding his way and would not even consider making himself available as that player.

I think you place too much emphasis on where they are playing.
Lol, generalisation much.......

This depends on many things though

Some players score well with a good playing role, Yeo for example dominates playing across half back, but is an inconsistent scorer as a mid which is his role at the moment, he hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been great either.

Some players score better at certain grounds, look at Riewoldts record at Etihad, massive there over the years

Some players score well playing against certain opposition, be it they don't tag, or some teams allow for free flowing games. Melbourne and Carlton were notoriously hard to score against in some games during the Neeld/Roos and Malthouse eras for those respective clubs, they played negative, defensive football and many a shit captain score from premiums occurred from about 2012-2014 in particular where their oppositions best players were targeted, but that teams B graders always got off the leash. I remember Gazza got tagged by Jordie McKenzie for a 65 one day and I captained Stanton against Carlton in 2013 for a 50 and he had a hard tag that night, the previous fixture between the two he got like 175 or something. Dusty never scored well against Carlton either because someone regularly ran with him. Whereas Collingwood minus Greenwood always were easy to score points against, but they always provide relevant Dreamteamers too due to the way they play.

Some players just rock up and get it done every week though, but unfortunately most of these players are available only as top end midfielders who cost an arm and a leg to get in, we are lucky to have say Macrae and Adams this year as forwards or defenders, consistent scorers every week

I'm more likely to judge someone via role, opposition or at the ground they play at particularly if they are a defender, forward or outside mid.

Tuohy and Newman are two players who I have pegged down as playing better at certain venues so far this year because there is evidence of them doing so which we have agreed to disagree upon. Someone like Titchell also in regards to captain choice who before the game on the weekend had not gone below 122 at the MCG this year, heck if he didn't start so poorly he would've scored about that (was on 9 at QT, 31 at HT, 63 point second half got him to 94). He was someone who was scoring better at certain venues too.
I'm persuaded more by current form.
With the squad you have, sure, bench the underperformer, I've fielded Nank only like twice since the byes, missed out on his 108 against Port and delivered a rubbish 69 or something the following week, happy to have benched him last week even if he outscored Greenwood by 3 points.

I feel Stewart is being used far more now as the release defender and has taken a lot of Tuohy's numbers from him accordingly. In the earlier games played at Simmons Stewart was just finding his way and would not even consider making himself available as that player.
Tuohy is Enrightesque

They want the ball in his hands where possible imo, problem is he doesn't score well when his mark numbers are low, when they are high he'll score well. If Geelong get games on their own terms across the last month then he should get a few +6s behind the ball.

I don't see Stewart as a release player, Tuohy is, Stewart is still playing a half back intercept role and is doing it well, hence his scoring improvement due to more +6s. Tuohy will always get 20 possies a week with a high kick to handball ratio, the more marks he takes, the better he'll score, his floor is 60 odd and will continue to be in his role.

That being said, Friday night is a rehearsal for me on who gets benched over the upcoming weeks, Hodge has saved himself but is suspended this week, so whoever looks to have the better scoring role out of Tuohy and Lloyd gets a spot onfield for the last 3 weeks, providing injuries are ok etc.

Even though he has scored well recently, Ryan has still scored a 36 and a 45, even though they were in his first 3 games, I'd much prefer to field premiums/midpricers than have to rely on 2 or more rookies every week at this stage of the season except for a week like this where two of my players have been suspended. In regards to my team set up, Ryan is my most expendable rookie as he was my D8, if a decent forward rookie were around then I'd dump Greenwood instead, alas there's not, I'd also prefer to keep Hartlett due to his DPP, even though Ryan has scored better than him lately. Hartlett, Glass and 1 of Lloyd/Tuohy can be my DEF/MID swing guys providing Witherden is fielded, while Greenwood and Nank cover across MID/FWD/RUC.

The more warm bodies I can field this week and beyond, the better, considering I'll be out of trades.

Lol, generalisation much.......

This depends on many things though

Some players score well with a good playing role, Yeo for example dominates playing across half back, but is an inconsistent scorer as a mid which is his role at the moment, he hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been great either.

Some players score better at certain grounds, look at Riewoldts record at Etihad, massive there over the years

Some players score well playing against certain opposition, be it they don't tag, or some teams allow for free flowing games. Melbourne and Carlton were notoriously hard to score against in some games during the Neeld/Roos and Malthouse eras for those respective clubs, they played negative, defensive football and many a shit captain score from premiums occurred from about 2012-2014 in particular where their oppositions best players were targeted, but that teams B graders always got off the leash. I remember Gazza got tagged by Jordie McKenzie for a 65 one day and I captained Stanton against Carlton in 2013 for a 50 and he had a hard tag that night, the previous fixture between the two he got like 175 or something. Dusty never scored well against Carlton either because someone regularly ran with him. Whereas Collingwood minus Greenwood always were easy to score points against, but they always provide relevant Dreamteamers too due to the way they play.

Some players just rock up and get it done every week though, but unfortunately most of these players are available only as top end midfielders who cost an arm and a leg to get in, we are lucky to have say Macrae and Adams this year as forwards or defenders, consistent scorers every week

I'm more likely to judge someone via role, opposition or at the ground they play at particularly if they are a defender, forward or outside mid.

Tuohy and Newman are two players who I have pegged down as playing better at certain venues so far this year because there is evidence of them doing so which we have agreed to disagree upon. Someone like Titchell also in regards to captain choice who before the game on the weekend had not gone below 122 at the MCG this year, heck if he didn't start so poorly he would've scored about that (was on 9 at QT, 31 at HT, 63 point second half got him to 94). He was someone who was scoring better at certain venues too.

With the squad you have, sure, bench the underperformer, I've fielded Nank only like twice since the byes, missed out on his 108 against Port and delivered a rubbish 69 or something the following week, happy to have benched him last week even if he outscored Greenwood by 3 points.

Tuohy is Enrightesque

They want the ball in his hands where possible imo, problem is he doesn't score well when his mark numbers are low, when they are high he'll score well. If Geelong get games on their own terms across the last month then he should get a few +6s behind the ball.

I don't see Stewart as a release player, Tuohy is, Stewart is still playing a half back intercept role and is doing it well, hence his scoring improvement due to more +6s. Tuohy will always get 20 possies a week with a high kick to handball ratio, the more marks he takes, the better he'll score, his floor is 60 odd and will continue to be in his role.

That being said, Friday night is a rehearsal for me on who gets benched over the upcoming weeks, Hodge has saved himself but is suspended this week, so whoever looks to have the better scoring role out of Tuohy and Lloyd gets a spot onfield for the last 3 weeks, providing injuries are ok etc.

Even though he has scored well recently, Ryan has still scored a 36 and a 45, even though they were in his first 3 games, I'd much prefer to field premiums/midpricers than have to rely on 2 or more rookies every week at this stage of the season except for a week like this where two of my players have been suspended. In regards to my team set up, Ryan is my most expendable rookie as he was my D8, if a decent forward rookie were around then I'd dump Greenwood instead, alas there's not, I'd also prefer to keep Hartlett due to his DPP, even though Ryan has scored better than him lately. Hartlett, Glass and 1 of Lloyd/Tuohy can be my DEF/MID swing guys providing Witherden is fielded, while Greenwood and Nank cover across MID/FWD/RUC.

The more warm bodies I can field this week and beyond, the better, considering I'll be out of trades.

U had me at hello :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back