VFL Game Day Round 20: UWS Giants vs Essendon, Sydney Showgrounds, Saturday 06/08/2022 @ 10:30 am

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s concerning.
It is and it isn't . He has never been quick off the mark. I think he is just suffering the effects of the injury and illness layoffs.

Good show of strength by Bryan to stand up in the tackle and get the handball off.

Heads up play by him.

Feels like we’re really missing the run and linking play that Fitzgerald would usually provide off the half bank flank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Bernacki, what were the knocks on him draft year eDPS ? ant555? Small, light, was Cannons captain iirc
The same knocks you can see in his game still. Small, not overly athletic, not a great kick. I was excited when I saw a couple months back that we had brought him into the program because he’s a very good old school footballer, who would excel at vfl level. He’s just like Aaron heppell moreorless

I really like Bernacki, what were the knocks on him draft year eDPS ? ant555? Small, light, was Cannons captain iirc
foj could tell you more. He was considered to be too small and a bit too vanilla for his size. He was always a player who played solid footy.

Solid performance although they did turn over a lot of footy at various stages. They pretty much ground them down.

Francis - quiet first half but was good after half time. Well positioned to take some marks deep and was involved in the link play.

Cutler - think he went of just before half time.

Hurley - presented well all game. Kicked a goal. Work rate good. Getting there.

Bryan - played number 2 ruck with some forward time. Okay game with a few good periods.

Baldwin - quiet day. Seemed to be the odd one out with Bryan playing forward and Hurley doing a lot of the lead up work. Made the most of what he had with 2 goals.

Lord - in and out of the game. Looks good when he takes the game on but does not do it enough.

Reid - just average. struggled a few times to stay with his opponent. His footy smarts got him a few touches.

Eyre - quiet early but took some marks as the game went on. Defensively he was solid.

Ham - worked into the game as it went on.

Phillips - dominated the ruck.

McDonaugh - not a lot early but kept working his wing. He is handy at VFL level but I suspect he struggles to think quick enough to make the next step.

Brand - not big numbers but a few marks and another solid defensive game.

Voss - bit of an almost game. Just could hold onto some contested marks and the bounce just was not going his way. Was still physical and he had a few center bounces which was good to see even though he did not win much from them.

Waterman - interesting game. 4 goals from a few good leads and a couple of crumbs. Some midfield early but missed a few handball targets. Also dropped a few marks.

Menzie - quiet day. Kicked a goal. Would like to see a bit more pressure and maybe a bit less working to space.

Hrid - limited impact and lacked second efforts today. Played like someone who is resigned to his fate.

Bernacki very good.
Cootee good.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Game Day Round 20: UWS Giants vs Essendon, Sydney Showgrounds, Saturday 06/08/2022 @ 10:30 am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back