Game Day Round 20 vs. GWS @ MCG – Saturday, 7:30 pm AEST

How many goals for Big Jesse?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1721998513777.png

1721998312114.png

It feels like we hardly ever play against GWS, a claim that is backed up by the 'Recent Encounters' graphic on AFL.com.au only showing our last two clashes, rather than the three they claim :madv1: I think the third most recent one was the infamous Jayden Hunt Mario Kart game, Bluelegs?

Last week was a big week for the 'Petty is not a ruck/anything but a KPD' crew, with Melbourne's midfield copping an all-time pantsing from the West (West) Horsham crew. Blame doesn't just sit with him however, as Melbourne's mids flat-out refused to defend/chase their adversaries from the opening bounce.

Anyway, onto this exciting affair! The Dees come up against Coleman Medal contender, Jesse Hogan :love:, the league's new best tagger, Toby Bedford :love:, Callums_Guns :love: and a team that has won three on the trot, the GWS Giants :love:

Max Gawn returns (?) for the home team sporting a bionic ankle and previously unseen levels of hypermobility. In news that has SHOOK the Melbourne Board to its core, Tom Sparrow has also been dropped for the first time since 2021 (for now).

On paper, the Giants should really win this by plenty, though they have been flaky at times this season, and it's just about last chance saloon in 2024 for this faltering Demons side.

Have at it (and pray for the BigFooty post scheduling tool to eventually be resurrected).​

It feels like we hardly ever play against GWS, a claim that is backed up by the 'Recent Encounters' graphic on AFL.com.au only showing our last two clashes, rather than the three they claim :madv1: I think the third most recent game was the infamous Jayden Hunt Mario Kart game, Bluelegs?
It really was the most bewildering bit of play

No Michael Evans, no Melbourne vs GWS

Look at that Melbourne scoring fest, what a team to watch
Going to be a big challenge but I look forward to seeing you trying to convince the board that 2021 was actually shit.

Going to be a big challenge but I look forward to seeing you trying to convince the board that 2021 was actually shit.
Please don't take on that challenge Topkent, I'm tired.

Ezpz, was great at the time was shit for everything afterwards, made us complacent and arrogant and made us pig headedly stick to the same boring backwards game plan

Ezpz, was great at the time was shit for everything afterwards, made us complacent and arrogant and made us pig headedly stick to the same boring backwards game plan
Everything afterwards? last year we had no key forward and we missed out on 2nd place by a corrupt var system and then dominated 2 teams but petty and then melksham were injured. Am I right in saying you weren’t at the games?

Scythe94

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Everything afterwards? last year we had no key forward and we missed out on 2nd place by a corrupt var system and then dominated 2 teams but petty and then melksham were injured. Am I right in saying you weren’t at the games?
rainbow fan GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which time clapping the team off for a 50 points score was your favourite big dog?
I’ll fill you in. We dominated inside 50’s, both games. I don’t know how it looked on tv but JVR was sucked into the play up the ground which is natural for a young guy. Both opposition teams nearly had there whole team in our backline. Might look different on tv but that’s how the games went. We lost by singular points both games. That’s why i say petty and melk but mainly petty was that last little piece to glory. That’s life

I’ll fill you in. We dominated inside 50’s, both games. I don’t know how it looked on tv but JVR was sucked into the play up the ground which is natural for a young guy. Both opposition teams nearly had there whole team in our backline. Might look different on tv but that’s how the games went. We lost by singular points both games. That’s why i say petty and melk but mainly petty was that last little piece to glory. That’s life
We dominated inside 50 because teams let us because we bombed to the pockets and played for stoppages. Simple.
Teams loved us doing that, it's why we don't score and it's boring as bat shit

Petty's a shit forward, worst in the competition this year but sure he's the difference

First time in over 5 years that I've actively chosen not to go to a home game - voting against our ugly, unenjoyable style of play, with my feet.

Could be a shocking crowd - both live and on tv.

Most Dee fans feel much the same way about how crap and uninspiring we are to watch, GWS have 6 fans attending, and on TV, it's up against Aus V USA Swimming night 1 in the Olympics.

All on Goodwin and the coaching team.

Last edited:
First time in over 5 years that I've actively chosen not to go to a home game - voting against our ugly, unenjoyable style of play, with my feet.

Could be a shocking crowd - both live and on tv.

Most Dee fans feel much the same way about how crap and uninspiring we are to watch, GWS have 6 fans attending, and on TV, it's up against Aus V USA Swimming night 1 in the Olympics.

All on Goodwin and the coaching team.
Will be a poor crowd. I'd be there with my boys, but I've got Kings Of Thrash in the city tonight. Gotta get my Megadeth on \m/\m/

How good was it to see Gojira last night at the Olympic ceremony? Probably not any metal heads on here, but easily the highlight of an otherwise s* opening ceremony.

Will be a poor crowd. I'd be there with my boys, but I've got Kings Of Thrash in the city tonight. Gotta get my Megadeth on \m/\m/

How good was it to see Gojira last night at the Olympic ceremony? Probably not any metal heads on here, but easily the highlight of an otherwise s* opening ceremony.
Didn't know Gojira were playing until I opened IG this morning, would've been worth a watch for them.

I’ll fill you in. We dominated inside 50’s, both games. I don’t know how it looked on tv but JVR was sucked into the play up the ground which is natural for a young guy. Both opposition teams nearly had there whole team in our backline.
JVR didn't play in the semi.

For GWS All Stars it is. How embarrassing if they lose. Even money game with the bookies. Easy $$ on the All Stars
Man, why do you hate GWS so much? Lol.

Surely not still a $cully thing?

Didn't know Gojira were playing until I opened IG this morning, would've been worth a watch for them.
Genuinely shocked they were part of it. Incredible band. Glad they got acknowledged. Was pretty impressive as well. Great live band. Saw them at The Forum on their recent tour. Never seen the place so packed tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 20 vs. GWS @ MCG – Saturday, 7:30 pm AEST

Back