Discussion Round 21, 2024: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching last nights game from Level 2 Shane Warne Stand, almost in line with that last mark, Collingwood's jumpers pretty much looked like this. Reminds me of the VFL jumpers with the blank spot for the numbers
View attachment 2068591
And by half time and full time, some of the SP400 patches had fallen off
Screenshot taken from FB Group 'AFL Match Worn/Player Issue Market'
View attachment 2068613
And watching the scenes after the siren on Kayo on my phone, thought I spotted a Pies jumper with an unusual sponsor, turns out a supporter slapped a golden 400 over the CGU logo :sweatsmile:
View attachment 2068621
I feel like there needs to be a ruling on how thick the stripes are allowed to be. The front of the Collingwood jumpers are definitely more white than black these days.

I feel like there needs to be a ruling on how thick the stripes are allowed to be. The front of the Collingwood jumpers are definitely more white than black these days.
Agreed, the front is starting to look like what the 2003 heritage jumper was supposed to be
Collingwood-2003-Heritage1927.gif

They have to scale them back to the size on the swooping jumper so that the player issue versions have some slack on the sides when they stitch them together and not cut off the side stripes
Rebel_67990301_black_hi-res.jpg

GWS are entitled to wear their home (but the back should be charcoal)

So as it stands, hawks should have worn the white jumper from last week.
They've been happy enough to wear their charcoal while playing home to Sydney, no different here. The home team versus best contrast conversation is a perpetual one. Imo, the home team should have their home kit by default, but the AFL should be able to override the choice to create the best contrast at anytime, in the case that the away teams clash jumper doesn't suffice. In my fantasy though, that would include an AFL that can make sensical decisions on clashes. Would create commercial complications, but with a bit of organisation, shouldn't be an issue.

They've been happy enough to wear their charcoal while playing home to Sydney, no different here. The home team versus best contrast conversation is a perpetual one. Imo, the home team should have their home kit by default, but the AFL should be able to override the choice to create the best contrast at anytime, in the case that the away teams clash jumper doesn't suffice. In my fantasy though, that would include an AFL that can make sensical decisions on clashes. Would create commercial complications, but with a bit of organisation, shouldn't be an issue.
That’s because the charcoal jumper started out as a ‘rivalry’ jumper and has now become a second clash probably because they’ve been forced into it.

But again, the Hawks don’t have a jumper that works away against the giants, it’s Hawthorn that needs to solve the problem.

Agreed, the front is starting to look like what the 2003 heritage jumper was supposed to be
Collingwood-2003-Heritage1927.gif

They have to scale them back to the size on the swooping jumper so that the player issue versions have some slack on the sides when they stitch them together and not cut off the side stripes
View attachment 2068797
And to think
Except that Carlton would've been in white shorts as the away team.
Maybe, they wore white shorts as the home team earlier this season (and proved me wrong).

Unpopular opinion time...

I was in Canberra on Sunday.
Orange and gold/yellow against each other with those two colours throughout the stands in the stadium actually added a unique atmosphere.

When combined with the weather and the somewhat suburban feeling location, it felt like Autumn in sport form.

Crunchy amber leaves everywhere.

Shame we played like a crushed leaf in the final quarter.

I have a gut feel these two teams could meet in a Grand Final in the next few years. Let the argument recommence if they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 21, 2024: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back