Review Round 22, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

fu** you David King.

"Charlie won't be allowed to do that against Geelong's defence"

fu** you BT.

"They will get shown up in the next 2 weeks, reality check coming"

What a win to be at the Gabba for. Carn the Lionsss!!

Add Kane Cornes to the up yours list.

Absolutely AMAZING!

Just wow. We found another level in that last 10 mins and just did not want to lose. So, so impressive. I'm still shaking.

Linc you star! A friend of mine knows him personally so I'm making sure she tells him how much we love him.

Kings of the jungle. Anything is possible

Great win immense . But I’ll say it Cameron Rayner would of benefited from being dropped . 4 possessions that’s an absolute embarrassment for most of the year . Hopefully comes good finals

I'm still content with Rayner keeping his spot because when he is up the ground and brought in to play he's able to impact so highly, like when he got the hand off from McStay and put it to Charlie who goaled today. Will make an impact from few possessions. I guess my biggest gripe is that he comes so close to doing a lot from other possessions but just doesn't quite get it right; like spilling the chest mark, passing to Bailey instead of kicking for goal or not collecting and passing cleanly from just inside 50. He's such an almost player right now I think the fact we know he can be so much better compounds the frustration. Stay for mine. He's part of the forward line of the highest scoring team in the league and the upside if/when it clicks is massive.

What a win!

Adams was immense today, took so many marks.

I was worried for a while, I’ll admit. Things just weren’t going our way and every time we pulled one back, they seemed to get the next. Nevertheless the lads stood up and pulled it back. So so happy.

Can’t wait for next week already. People giving Rayner a bath already isn’t nice to see. Focus on the incredible win we just had.

Hey not bad - Adams was huge.

To win a game like that when we were down a rotation most of the time ... and also missing Bundy who is pretty integral to our structure is a huge deal.

We deserve to be top of the ladder - incredible.

Regardless of the outcome, the umpiring was absolutely appalling.
How does Martin not get a free kick every boundary throw-in ............it's a joke......he does the same n kicks a goal.......free to the other dude....grrrrrr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[
Good grief I'm exhausted. That was amazing. Did we deserve to win? Probably not, but we locked ourselves in the Top 4 and gave ourselves a cracking chance of getting two home finals!!
We absolutely deserved to win.

Best game I've ever seen, easily three times as loud as I've ever heard there and for the full 4 qtrs the belief was there.

GO LIONS

I yelled so loud when linc took that mark, neighbours came over to see if i was ok.

Man what a great win, the ability to change it up when 3 goals down, thats amazing. I think some felt the pressure early, some poor kicking and awareness but that hard determined finish is becoming our trademark. They are such a tough, exciting team to watch. Credit to all players and coaches.

****ing epic match!! you could have called it scripted with mccarthy's massive hanger in the last couple minutes!

i look forward to watching lions games this year more than my team haha, you guys play such an exciting brand of footy, great to see queensland footy doing well again (well at least one team haha).

How does Martin not get a free kick every boundary throw-in ............it's a joke......he does the same n kicks a goal.......free to the other dude....grrrrrr

It is really frustrating. Maybe it's my bias but I swear I do not see any other get infringed with contact like that. I know he's ridiculously strong but his opponent isn't supposed to get a pity allowance meaning they can just molest him or wrap him up to try and break even.

I'm still content with Rayner keeping his spot because when he is up the ground and brought in to play he's able to impact so highly, like when he got the hand off from McStay and put it to Charlie who goaled today. Will make an impact from few possessions. I guess my biggest gripe is that he comes so close to doing a lot from other possessions but just doesn't quite get it right; like spilling the chest mark, passing to Bailey instead of kicking for goal or not collecting and passing cleanly from just inside 50. He's such an almost player right now I think the fact we know he can be so much better compounds the frustration. Stay for mine. He's part of the forward line of the highest scoring team in the league and the upside if/when it clicks is massive.
So you think a bloke taken at 1 with 4 possessions should be a role player

Now the real predicament.... Do my buddy and myself, who are Vic plus members, take the punt and book tickets to Brisbane for the first round of finals (if Richmond beat the Eagles I’d course)..... it’s pretty likely we will get a home final if that’s the case!

What a win!

Adams was immense today, took so many marks.

I was worried for a while, I’ll admit. Things just weren’t going our way and every time we pulled one back, they seemed to get the next. Nevertheless the lads stood up and pulled it back. So so happy.

Can’t wait for next week already. People giving Rayner a bath already isn’t nice to see. Focus on the incredible win we just had.
We will mate but 4 possessions is actually horrendous . When you put it with his body of work for the season it hasn’t been good or likely to change

So you think a bloke taken at 1 with 4 possessions should be a role player

I think every person in the team should be a role player, regardless of where they were taken. I also don't think how a player is playing in the 2nd year is indicative of how they will be when they finish their career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Back