Game Day Round 22, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huge game, which goes without saying.

Obviously everyone will need to play well to win, but I’m particularly looking to see how Henry backs up a pretty good performance last week. Same competitiveness again this week please, against a superior opponent.

It will also be interesting to see if Cam can back up his previous performances after receiving a bit of praise for the first time in his career. Opponents will be paying him far more respect, so let’s see how he handles that.

Please just win this game.

Last edited:
Please continue to play for each other, keep up the 1%s, maintain the intensity all game.

Please win so the sold out audience get to celebrate and rejoice another great effort !

Thank you

Im 62 years of age, that puts me in the grumpy old supporters group BUT I'm going to this match with my mates I met when I was just 12 and then we are going on to our school reunion.

I was a rugby league kid, came up from country NSW and started school at Indooroopilly State School in 1974 as land was cheap after the big floods and dad thought it a good opportunity to move away from dairy farming. Strangely back then the school didn't have a league team so I learned Aussie Rules or kick-an-giggle as our family called it. That was where we all met and have stayed mates since some 50 years and still talking most days in our online chat group.

Come on Lions, just get this done, this group of old blokes have been with you since the bad old Bears days, have watched you grow and mature and have been down at the MCG with you every time. Selfishly we would all like another trip with you this year to get on the pi$$ and tell stories about - "do you remember when........"

1 point will be enough for us.

each game more important than the last of late, 100% commitment should enable us to put these guys away.

Think whoever we play for the rest of the year we can be confident Big O has the heart and class to win the centre contests for us.

Am not normally so bullish but this team have me believing.

Go Lions!

Keep bringing what we have been bringing and we should be fine.

Bring any level of complacency and maybe not so good.

Please play for four quarters and when the orange folk get on an inevitable momentum wave take it back quickly.

GO LIONS!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!
GO LIONS!!!!!

2nd v 4th at 1:45pm on a Saturday. Terrible scheduling. Anyway lads get it done. Hope they smack GWS in the mouth with how we went against them last time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching our team last week really makes me think the sky is the limit with regards to what we can achieve this year.

But watching last night's game makes me realise how often we see an inferior team completely take their opponent's game off them, drag them down into the mud with them and, far more often than they should, beat them with experience. And we've seen it happen plenty of times to our lads in recent seasons as well. There have been patches of this in the last 9 weeks but we've been good enough to rise above it, for long enough, to get the chocolates each time.

Same challenge today. First time I've ever done a preview here and tipped the Lions so don't let me down you blokes.

Animated GIF

With Briggs out, Big O will dominate. Only hope for GWS is to tag Neale.

Andrews is our best defender and I posted yesterday he should taken Hogan and I will be surprised if most of the time Harris is not on Hogan. Hopefully Lester has an easy match up, as Starc probably goes to Greene, and Lester can help out Harris with Hogan.

Our mids to dominate at home, i think the bookies have it right with Lions $1.28. Lions by 3+ goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back