Preview Round 22 - Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney @ The Gabba (Saturday 1:45pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the same I no likee groin issues.

Hard to treat and hard to recover from.

Let's hope we're just making sure that he's 100% good to go when he comes back.

He plays a fairly punishing role up and down the ground with a lot of stress on his body for a big guy. So provided it's nothing significant the rest will do him good.

As most have mentioned Brain likely the sub but it could be Prior.
Either one is fine.

We do want Reville available for the finals
I think it's a bit odd that we've essentially replaced a midfielder (Bruce) with a defender (Joyce). I'd have also brought Sharp in for Prior. Think we will need blokes who can run with GWS' midfield.

I think it's a bit odd that we've essentially replaced a midfielder (Bruce) with a defender (Joyce). I'd have also brought Sharp in for Prior. Think we will need blokes who can run with GWS' midfield.
Thats one way of looking at it.
You could also say we replaced a small in Reville with another small in Brain both playing the substitute role.
Let's face it the sub usually comes on after 3/4 time unless injury strikes.
At the same time, we added a KPD we have been lacking.

The Big O is being mentioned for AA honours and with the Giants number one ruckman out here is a chance for him to dominate a game. Smith may also be more useful in the ruck.

I am tending to the opinion that it would have been better if Smith could have been given some games earlier as I have seen improvement in Smith each week. The injury to Hippy is a worry but it may be for the best as it has given Smith a game.

The Big O is being mentioned for AA honours and with the Giants number one ruckman out here is a chance for him to dominate a game. Smith may also be more useful in the ruck.

I am tending to the opinion that it would have been better if Smith could have been given some games earlier as I have seen improvement in Smith each week. The injury to Hippy is a worry but it may be for the best as it has given Smith a game.
To be fair we were also trying to integrate Morris earlier in the season, who definitely belongs in the first team. The only other way Smith could have come in before he did would have been if we rested O.

He is the form Ruckman of the comp imo.
Smashed Marshall in ruck contests last week.
Both Grundy and Gawn have fallen away, maybe the only other one close would be Xerri at the moment.

It won't be like the Saints game. We won't be able to control or be on top for 4qtrs. Giants are a very good side, they will have their turn with momentum. As Fages has said many times, we're going to have to beat them a few times during the game, or something like that.

This is where, I think, we have taken a significant step fwd. In our 9 game stretch we have fought back, scrapped hard, ramped up the pressure when needed. In fact I think at the moment we are able to keep the pressure on at a higher rate for much longer in games. Maybe that's due to the team running into fitness, or improved game plans, but I think it's more this pig headed determination to have a big dam crack at it.

Huge game for the midfield. Not only to get first hands on the ball but to negate the run n spread from the Giants mids. A tag on Tom Green might be handy, I don't think he handles it well. He gets frustrated, cranky and gives frees away. Starce hopefully puts the clamps on Toby Greene, and someone covers Hogan. Id put Andrews on him first up, shut him out from the start. Andrews just doesn't lose contests, his record this year is outstanding. A watch on that nippy little Darcy Jones too. The kid has pace and can get out.

Giants have a good defense. If Joe can drag Taylor up the ground he'll be less effective. Himmelberg, Buckley on Smith n Morris, they match up pretty well. Enter Rayner, Charlie, Lohmann, Bailey, Ah Chee. These sm/med fwds need to be on the ball.

At home, in good form, I think we're in for good win. Maybe not a big difference in the scores but a good win regarding effort, determination, heart.

It's a week where we need our clearance dominance to continue. Oscar should dominate but Neale will be tagged for the first time in a while.

We did a really good job locking down Sydney's chain handballing but they generate them more through the midfield where GWS start theirs from defence. Forward pressure and transition run will need to be switched on

And it will all be helped by taking our chances and kicking straight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brent Daniels still haunts me…

Could somebody who knows more about fractured jaws please explain to me how this sort of head gear would help?

View attachment 2072792
Ah the mutton chop head gear. Don't reckon it'll do much for the hearing either.

It may be enough to deflect glancing contact. Dampen a bit of that kind of impact. Can't imagine it being any good for a full on whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back