Preview Round 22 - Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney @ The Gabba (Saturday 1:45pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
our best defender Andrews, will go to their best forward, especially with Payne out and Joyce carrying an injury. Joyce seems a little faster than Andrews so likely match up on the young bloke Cadman.

9 in a row. all sorts if challenges answered. Yet if we lose this weekend it could all be for nought!

Fork in the road 1 - we win on saturday. Only need to win one of the last 2 to guarantee top 4, and likely get top 2. Pressure off v the pies and we can play with freedom. Huge flag chance

Fork 2 - we lose on saturday. Pies knock off swans and are a september chance. Magpie army gathers at the g desperate to knock us off again. Pressure right on and the feeling our winning bubble has burst

Briggs is a big out albeit was sore. Keefe is a big fella at 204cm. Gws posters were calling on him to play even before briggs was not yet out so he must have been going okay in the 2s. He played ruck in last year’s finals too. So he won’t be a walkover.

Kelly is a big in.

Agree with others Tom Greene should get some attention.

Starce is in good form so a good time to get Toby.

I think Harris should start on Hogan. Don’t let him get his tail up. He has 58 for the year, Toby 36. Next best Riccardi 26 is injured. Next best Cadman at 20. It really is about their top 2 in terms of threats. Cadman and Gruzewski very raw. Joyce on Hogan would worry me because 1) been off for 2 weeks 2) wearing a guard 3) hogan judges the ball very well in the air which is not a Joyce strength.

No Hippy is not ideal BUT it actually suits this week better than others. Smith competed really well in the air last week. That’s all we need vs their interceptors. Can also stand under a dump kick really well.

I once again think the odds are all wrong as we are so short. And once again hope i am wrong!

our best defender Andrews, will go to their best forward, especially with Payne out and Joyce carrying an injury. Joyce seems a little faster than Andrews so likely match up on the young bloke Cadman.

I'm tipping it'll be the opposite.

We'll back Joyce, and aim for Andrews to read the play earlier than Cadman to either a) beat him in the 1 on 1, or b) peel off to help against Hogan.

I'm more worried about their smalls, to be honest.

I think we will be premiers but this game is the one I’ve had circled for weeks, this is the true litmus test. Win a close one, amazing. Blow them away, the kid is obliterated. If we lose a close one, so be it, good learnings. Get smashed and it’s all over.

This is going to be super tight and they along with the Hawks are the only two teams I really fear. A win will quell any remaining doubts.

I'm confident that we will methodically demolish their momentum and smash them on the rebound.

This team can smell the possibility of the gf and know from last year both what it takes and that you cannot take a anything for granted.

Clinical, professional and dominant. Lions by 27.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back