Melbourne
Melbourne
B: Matthew Whelan, Nathan Carroll, Daniel Bell
HB: James Frawley, Matthew Warnock, Colin Garland
C: Cameron Bruce, James McDonald, Brad Green
HF: Ricky Petterd, Brad Miller, Simon Buckley
F: Addam Maric, Colin Sylvia, Adem Yze
Foll: Jeff White, Clint Bartram, Nathan Jones
I/C (from): Jack Grimes, Ben Holland, Stefan Martin, Cale Morton, Matthew Newton, Paul Wheatley, Shane Valenti

In: Frawley, Grimes, Maric, Petterd, Valenti, Holland, Carroll
Out: Mark Jamar, Matthew Bate, Lynden Dunn, Austin Wonaeamirri (hamstring)

New: Jack Grimes (Northern Knights)

Richmond
B: Chris Newman, Will Thursfield, Kelvin Moore
HB: Jay Schulz, Luke McGuane, Jordan McMahon
C: Matthew Richardson, Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio
HF: Matt White, Joel Bowden, Richard Tambling
F: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin
Foll: Troy Simmonds, Kane Johnson, Nathan Foley
I/C (from): Greg Tivendale, Mitch Morton, Dean Polo, Adam Pattison, Alex Rance, Daniel Jackson, Daniel Connors

In: Tivendale, Pattison, Polo, Rance
Out: Tristan Cartledge

New: Alex Rance (Swan Districts)

Hopefully Petterd and Grimes play so they have had a match this year.

Id give Ben Holland as final game and hopefully its Carrols send of two.

Disapointed that Jamar is not playing but maybe stef can play ruck which would be good development. I hope wheatley doesnt get a game but i hope they play juice he needs gametime.

Garland to take Riewoldt
Bruce to run with Richo all day
Foley to tear us a new one

lots of kids in both squads, should be good viewing and i can't wait to see Grimes in action

Go Grimey!!!!!!! Melbourne suppoter his whole life apparently, and now he steps out on the G in the red and blue. Don't think there would be a person on this board that wouldn't like that.

Wow, Frawley, Petterd, Carroll and Maric all on the ground with Holland and Grimes deffinites on the bench, so that means at least 6 changes.

I hope Carroll's not played in a key position, that's not the future for us. If he can reinvent himself as a back flanker or a wingman or something then good on him, but him as a key defender is a backwards step.

I hope that Grimes does play on Cotchin. Both have had similar interupted pre-season, Grimes missing a bit longer. If Grimes can beat him then it's a great sign for the future, Cotchin was clearly the pick of the draft last year, so an early win on the board would be good for Grimesy.

I hope Carroll's not played in a key position, that's not the future for us. If he can reinvent himself as a back flanker or a wingman or something then good on him, but him as a key defender is a backwards step.
I hope they reinvent him as he's contracted for next year and you wouldn't get a half eaten ham sandwich in the trade period for him.

A defence of:

Carroll M Warnock Garland
Petterd Martin Rivers

With Whelan knocking on the door.

looks solid to me!

B: Matthew Whelan, Nathan Carroll, Daniel Bell
HB: James Frawley, Matthew Warnock, Colin Garland
C: Cameron Bruce, James McDonald, Brad Green
HF: Ricky Petterd, Brad Miller, Simon Buckley
F: Addam Maric, Colin Sylvia, Adem Yze
Foll: Jeff White, Clint Bartram, Nathan Jones
I/C; Jack Grimes, Ben Holland, Stefan Martin, Cale Morton, Paul Wheatley

The two bolded are definitely playing. Who of the remaingin three will play? All three have been amongst our best 6 the last 3-4 weeks. Our defence is chock-a-block atm so that would suggest Martin to make way or will he have a go at rucking or will Dutchy pinch hit to give whitey a rest???

I dont really know, but if i had the choice i would prefer to see Martin and Morton play as i like them more than wheatly and they can gain match experience for their future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 22 Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back