Game Day Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argentina is surprisingly cold.

It's bordering on Chile.
We went on a cruise from the tip of South America to Antarctica. My wife got seasick - the staff asked if she picked up food poisoning in Punta Arenas, I said "No, you sway her."

Debating whether to put an explanatory note but no, you all can suffer either the pun or the pronunciation.

Hawthorn demolished Carlton after throwing the game away against GWS. I think we will do the same to Collingwood after we gifted the game to GWS last week.

Just wanted to leave this here now, before our next loss and everyone jumps back into this thread... Did anyone else notice how after our win over the Bulldogs, Fages mentioned we took a fair few sore blokes into the Hawthorn game and the "bye came at a good time for us"?

I found this a bit concerning myself. I mean, that was the last of a 9 game stretch since our last bye, and we had "a lot of sore blokes".

Do we really reckon we're gonna be going better than that by the end of this 12 game stretch we're in now?
In light of the apparent issues with Eric and Dunks coming into today's game, coupled with what looked to me to be a distinct lack of energy and enthusiasm after quarter time last Saturday, felt it was an opportune time to bring the above back to the surface. Today will be our 11th game without a break. Let's see how we go.

Had this pegged as a loss even whilst we were on our run. Mind you I had us winning last week too.

Sounds like there might be a few sore boys at the moment, which isn’t really surprising given how hard we worked to get back into the season, coupled this with the Pies season still on the line, I think we drop this and in reality lose any realistic chance at the flag.

Don’t mean to be a downer, but let’s be honest we’re not winning 3+ away finals in the toughest games of the year, which we’d need to do from 5-8. You might get lucky as a Victorian team to sneak a couple of finals in Melbourne anyway, but unfortunately that doesn’t apply us interstate teams.

With all that said prove me wrong today lads.

Last edited:
Are we thinking smith for emergency for hippie or dev and back the selection of hippie
I think this one is going to come down to our accuracy in front of goal and our ability to stop or at least cover space behind play.
This is where given a chance daicos gets things moving
And why I like sharp in.
We have to stick with possession football but in a positive manner if you get my drift.
Edit: oh yeah, I’m confident we roll these guys out.
Go Lions sssssssssss
Cheer loud if you’re at the game

Since we are playing better away than at home would it matter so much if we did not host?

Of course a home game is much better from the supporters perspective...

Any any case GO LIONS!!!

ps my wife was not particularly excited when I reminded her it was game day but she did perk up a bit when I mentioned it was the second last game of the regular season 😎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Argentina is surprisingly cold.

It's bordering on Chile.

We went on a cruise from the tip of South America to Antarctica. My wife got seasick - the staff asked if she picked up food poisoning in Punta Arenas, I said "No, you sway her."

Debating whether to put an explanatory note but no, you all can suffer either the pun or the pronunciation.
No Way Sport GIF by Barstool Sports

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

Leave Me Alone Eating GIF by Kim's Convenience

Looking at a few of the interviews the players gave this week to various media outlets, they know what issues came up last week - forwards missing easy set shots, mids pressure decreasing, etc.

Which is good news. Hopefully we get a win today to get a streak at the G going

They aren't going to have a problem getting up for this - the team that beat them in the GF on the same ground and a chance to end their season for good - no more motivation needed.

They aren't going to have a problem getting up for this - the team that beat them in the GF on the same ground and a chance to end their season for good - no more motivation needed.
From what we saw last week and previously this year, "getting up for this" is generally not the problem.

Ok… I’ve looked up the pronunciation, I’ve thought about it.
I have no idea what this joke is about!
Please give us clue.

Ok… I’ve looked up the pronunciation, I’ve thought about it.
I have no idea what this joke is about!
Please give us clue.
If you don't leave from Punta Arenas (which is in Chile), you leave from Ushuaia in Argentina - which phonetically is "uh-schway-er", or "You sway her" if someone takes a lot of liberties with it.

So the pun (tortured as it is) is either food poisoning from Ushuaia, or sea sickness because you sway her.

The more you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back