Preview Round 24 - Essendon vs Brisbane Lion - Saturday 24 August - 7:25 PM - The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayes should definitely come in for Weid. Then he can play amongst a backline that is "best in class" and "best practice". Lots of learnings for the kid on how to play the Essington way, in prep for next year.

Hayes should definitely come in for Weid. Then he can play amongst a backline that is "best in class" and "best practice". Lots of learnings for the kid on how to play the Essington way, in prep for next year.
Weid had a good game. I wouldn't protest him being dropped but equally I'd keep him ahead of Laverde or Kelly.

Essendon will win this.. nothing surer

Pressure off, nothing to play for (finals are out of the race) so we'll come out "breathing fire".

ORRR

We come out and absolutely switch off, lose by that yearly 15 goals in the last round
I don’t think you could fault our effort against Sydney.
Just our talent and lack of forward connection.
I think the breathing fire tag is unfair.
In most games the boys have had a real crack just not good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That should've been last week in front of the home crowd. Seriously, this flipping club..........

Why on earth would be handing out farewell games while we are technically still in the finals hunt
I notice Runk thought it was funny.
It was a fact.

This.
Just having one game to finish the year can be a huge motivator in the off season. If they all do a few nice things in the seniors that's all you need to motivate yourself to get more of it next year.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
NICE things, we've been too nice for too long, we need some shit in us and not the type we've been dished up.

Channeling Purple:
IF...
this isn't a 15 goal + win for Brisbane

THEN...
it'll be a ~15 point win to Essendon

One or the other. Nothing in between. Such is the mana of Essington. It's in the bones of the Hanger.

**** him. Nothing would make me happier than ruining his milestone game like we ruin our own players milestone games.

Probably a greater chance we lose by 100+ than that though
One thing with Joe is you can be certain no matter what, any great games he has will be undone by a selfish brainfade at some point in a critical moment.

We weren't, which of the previous 6 games did you miss.
And if they think that inside the club then we are more ****ed than people think.

Changes id like to see -
Out: Kelly, Weideman, Gresham, Stringer, Laverde
In: Tsatsas, Hayes, El Hawli, Tex, Hepp (already announced)

Changes more likely
Out: Kelly
In: Hepp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back