Prediction Round 3: Changes Vs Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but on the other side of the equation, the opp still can't move laterally, and last week we just seemed so reluctant to take some ground and/or be more prepared to hit the 45.

After last weekend I was firmly in the camp of accepting we lacked top end talent in the front third, but that we had try be a bit more mobile out of the back third and play a more aggressive game style regardless.

Today, its a derby and I'll take a win..
There were a couple of times last week where we had opportunities to springboard off half back and we either fumbled the mark across the middle/crest or the player with the ball at halfback hesitated and/or fumbled and then was only left with the safe option.

We have both Aish and Acres with over a hundred games that need to be added to your list ( I don’t think it should matter if they have played for other teams) and Schultz is on 46 games so as close as.

But certainly we have a few very inexperienced players such as Meek ( but has been on a list for 4 years), Walker, O’Driscoll and Erasmus.

Personally, I am very happy to have Walker, O’Driscoll and Raz in the team as I believe they are far more talented than some of our 50 game players and must be given games if this club is to improve.
The 50 game mark can still be pretty low on the seasoning scale, although there will be variability from player to player.

At least with Crowden we know he’ll tackle hard, I’d take 10 accurate kicks over 20 long bombs to opponents any day of the week. He’s the closest to a replacement for Serong that we have, so am perplexed he isn’t playing.

When has Crowden ever had 10 accurate kicks in an AFL game? He battles to ever get 10 kicks.

It's almost club defining. Lose this game and we may as well fold and give our license to Tassie. Apart from Fyfe, the club has barely contributed anything meaningful to the comp in 25+ years.

Understated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crowden is the below average type that we have to many of on our list.
Its why we are always in an endless loop of rebuilding.
Sure Crowden might sneak into the last couple on the list of a struggling side but meh he is in the who cares category.
That's only because our list build isn't complete yet. I know it's taking a while but if we stop losing top players every year we will get there.

Welp, I'm pretty happy with JLo's changes myself. He's identified some problems in defence, dumped under seige Banfield and moved Sonny into the middle. Darcy out is a loss but not a massive loss, IMO, because I consider Meek to be a dynamo with a little more game time and confidence, a breakout game isn't far off for him.

I just think the changes for the most part, improve the list as a whole, and represent signficant change. Todays game will be another litmus test for the players as well as coach.

If indeed we do have any depth, the players coming in should strengthen the side given the outs haven't contibuted much in the past two games, and hopefully Sonny can go from being a liability to an assett again. If it all comes off, and we get the win, season on track.

Go Freo!!

Last edited:
Crowden is the below average type that we have to many of on our list.
Its why we are always in an endless loop of rebuilding.
Sure Crowden might sneak into the last couple on the list of a struggling side but meh he is in the who cares category.

Just curious what criticisms you have for him more specifically. He links up and uses the ball well enough, and his intent and pressure is good. There's been a number of times he outplays and beats others in 1v1 contests even if he's not the most talented. He won't be the difference between making finals or not but imo he'd make a difference over a few others today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious what criticisms you have for him more specifically. He links up and uses the ball well enough, and his intent and pressure is good. There's been a number of times he outplays and beats others in 1v1 contests even if he's not the most talented. He won't be the difference between making finals or not but imo he'd make a difference over a few others today.
Serong wouldn't have his GOTY without Crowden.

I reckon Crowden would fit the Hawks. Give him a role to play. His kicking fits their model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as in hits targets? I reckon we keep picking mids who can’t kick and then bemoaning “lack of forward connection” or “slow play” or “forwards who can’t take pack marks”.

should be great…

i’d also add that we picked a short, nuggety midfielder with a good kick, then played him as a half forward for 3 years…have no idea why he “doesn’t get enough of the ball.”

I dunno, it might just be me, but after 5 years of picking accumulating midfielders, with only Cerra and Mundy being able to kick, and getting precisely ****ing nowhere I might give the nuggetty midfielder with good vision and a great kick a go for a bit…not just two practice games then dropped while our midfield and forward connection sucked a conga line of arseholes

i’d also add that we picked a short, nuggety midfielder with a good kick, then played him as a half forward for 3 years…have no idea why he “doesn’t get enough of the ball.”

I dunno, it might just be me, but after 5 years of picking accumulating midfielders, with only Cerra and Mundy being able to kick, and getting precisely ******* nowhere I might give the nuggetty midfielder with good vision and a great kick a go for a bit…not just two practice games then dropped while our midfield and forward connection sucked a conga line of arseholes
This x 100000000

I dunno, it might just be me, but after 5 years of picking accumulating midfielders, with only Cerra and Mundy being able to kick, and getting precisely ******* nowhere I might give the nuggetty midfielder with good vision and a great kick a go for a bit…not just two practice games then dropped while our midfield and forward connection sucked a conga line of arseholes
Nah more important we try to play a 31yo cooked footballer back into form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back