Trades Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young will be out next round won't he? Was a late in for Wilson with tightness, plus Hill and Acres back soon. Didn't look that good for 39 with an inflated price....

Problem with the defenders is there's no one particularly good to trade in, bar Howe imo.

Young will be out next round won't he? Was a late in for Wilson with tightness, plus Hill and Acres back soon. Didn't look that good for 39 with an inflated price....

Problem with the defenders is there's no one particularly good to trade in, bar Howe imo.

Smith might survive in my team another week because of this. He's trash but then so is everyone else except docherty?

Smith might survive in my team another week because of this. He's trash but then so is everyone else except docherty?
Yeah that's it. If there were a bunch of good defenders there he might go out, but not with what we have there. I think he can bounce back v GC.

I've brought in Howe, the good Smith and Bennell for Walsh, Rowbottom (what was I thinking????) and Cumming. 1k short of Pittonet rather than Bennell.

Duds id like to dispose:
Whitfield (due to value), Brodie smith, Cumming, Naismith (if still out), plus some flat rooks in mcinerny, brown and cavarra if they dont get games.

Likely trades at this point are likely along the lines of:
1. Whitfield -> Bailey Smith or Ebert (i think Whit has to go.. to many $$$ for a normal output).
2. Cumming -> Ridley.
3. Maybe Naismith -> Pitto, or brown to anderson.

Roberton - Rivers
Schulz - Bailey Smith
Brodie Smith - Mcgrath (if anyone has a better suggestion? I have flexibility for any position bar ruck with 652 to spend)

Thinking for my own trades:

Macrae -> Jelwood
B Smith (west coast) -> rivers
T Brown -> Anderson

Will take me up to 300k in the bank so will be able to be more aggressive next week with getting some more rookies off field, but this fixes up my bench for now at least. Anderson will be on bench since I have 7 premo mids+Rowell, not ideal but looks the goods and go up a good amount of coin. Was considering young but job security not set enough for my liking yet

Worried about Curnow going to Jelwood this week. But past that I agree it’s the better option.

Hoping Curnow goes to danger, but with Melbourne and gold coast the weeks after+low breakeven, feel comfortable pulling the trigger regardless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rounds 2 and 3 will be fixing my team - getting in the decent rookies and ejecting the spud premos.

i havent even touched players on my bench yet - thats round 4. I have 3 NPRs (non playing reserves)

trades this week:
Jacobs -> D cameron (bench) via Ceglear to R2
B Smith -> lloyd
Hugh mac -> walters playing mid (could go any mid here but i like freo's run and i was keen on walters during preseason)

----------
Howe - think its a trap. Pies shuffling players and waiting on injury returns
Jelwood - very keen. actually targeted him round 2 but had to reverse last minute.

Seen a few people mention the idea but would like some more opinions on avoiding uber permos and going to just stack the team with as many under priced 'premiums' as possible.

Looking to do something like

Whitfield > Petracca

Patton > Rozee

Walsh > Selwood

It means holding English another week but i don't want to pay that price for Grundy and Gawn at the moment and Goldy is the only other tempting option.

Holding my Giants trio (Whit, Greene, Cogs) because they have the Dogs next week and might be able to rack up some big scores.

Bont on the other hand is out for Z. Jones if nothing else for value.

Roberton will go to Young if he holds his spot, again for value.

Will use third trade to either switch Naismith to Pittonet or Cameron if the latter holds their spot and Naismith doesn't come back in, otherwise I'll trade Xerri I think. Allows Ceglar to go back forward.

Around 13k which isn't a terrible rank I guess.

Didn't even look at my team last night after watching captain Macrae's role change.

Must have been some horrendous scores for a lot of people as my (what I thought was terrible) score of 1638 took me from about 27,000th into 11,619th.

Weighing up whether to keep Macrae and Brodie Smith and just fix my non playing rookies in B.Smith (Eagles version), Cavarra and Davis along with Cummings.

Just feels like plugging holes in a sinking ship really.

Brodie Smith gone.
Keeping Whitfield, dogs this week, short season and he'll most likely still be a top 6fwd.

Are you trading Smith up or down?

If up who to? Granted he has been crap. I'm hesitant to pay up for a Lloyd or Houli.

Are you trading Smith up or down?

If up who to? Granted he has been crap. I'm hesitant to pay up for a Lloyd or Houli.
Kind of up, I don't have Petracca so traded to him via Brander DPP and a few shuffles of bench players.
Mids & Fwds are strong, defence is crap but so far there isn't a clear standout upgrade target.
Already have Doch, Haynes, Houston.

Fwds,
Whitfield, Petracca, Bailey Smith
Brayshaw, Ainsworth, Budarick
(Taylor/Berry)

$317k remaining.

Brodie Smith... you're gone.

Whitfield... I love you, but this game doesn't suit you. You're gone, i'll pick you back up when you're 650k.

Birchall... I thought you'd average 70 (pre-rona ball), but you're not doing enough. You're gone.

Side looks a lot better now.

Rookie set up. 1-3-1-2 (Starc, Rowell, Pickett, Bennel, Naismith, Taylor, Townsend).

Next week will be focussing on upgrading Townsend to someone like Petracca to cut down that Rookie number.

Which option is better

Out: C.Jones, D.MacPherson, Whitfield
In: Petracca, Ba.Smith, Ward

Out: C.Jones, D.MacPherson, Br.Smith
In: Petracca, Ba.Smith, Starcevich

Prefer option 1 as it reduces my total rookies on field by 1 to 6, but sacrifices Whitfield whilst keeping Brodie Smith.

very optimistic here... but im backing in Br.Smith this weekend against the Suns and trading out Whit -> Bai.Smith, option 1 for me there.

in hope Naismith plays, and no other trades needed, i'm hoping to do this:

Whit -> Ba.Smith
Greenwood -> A.McGrath
Cavarra (rook) ->H.Bennell

wishful thinking but hoping greenwood has a mare against the crows like the JLT

leaves me 141k in the bank... hmmmm

Apparently Sydney confirmed in a presser after the game yesterday that Naismith will be out for this coming round as well. Will be seriously pissed off if this is the case seeing as though they gave us little to no updates on the injury, and I would've traded Nai last week to either Gawn or Pitt :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back