Trades Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

He's rock hard fit and looks really strong.

Think he's #4th in the AFL for score involvements (8 per game) and averaging 5 or 6 clearances a game.

He has awesome vision and really good foot skills for a center square midfielder.

The only bloke who might beat him in North's B&F is Goldstein imo.
Simpkin FWD is great as some are looking for value there. Gold in a short season.
Bringing in Petracca this week but did consider Simpkin.. just reminds me of ppl jumping on Shae Bolton late last year and it only worked for a short time.
Petracca & Anderson coming in for T.Brown & Cumming.
(Originally ditching Brodie Smith but can do same trade with I.Cumming out)

Would love to bring in Florent this week.
His kick numbers are perfect.
(18 in Rd1, 22 rd2)

Simpkin FWD is great as some are looking for value there. Gold in a short season.
Bringing in Petracca this week but did consider Simpkin.. just reminds me of ppl jumping on Shae Bolton late last year and it only worked for a short time.
Petracca & Anderson coming in for T.Brown & Cumming.
(Originally ditching Brodie Smith but can do same trade with I.Cumming out)

Would love to bring in Florent this week.
His kick numbers are perfect.
(18 in Rd1, 22 rd2)

Bolton is a legitimate forward though and plays that role for Richmond.

Simpkin plays 100% of his TOG in North's center bounces/midfield.

I don't think they are comparable in terms of their accumulation potential.

Remembering ave 24 disposals this year is around 30 in previous years.

Simpkin is on the same line of disposals after Rnd 2 as Oliver (who has averaged bang on 30 for the last 3 seasons), Fyfe and Rockliff.

Pre teams for me

Macrae > Selwood
Nic Nat > Pittonet
Tom Greene > McGrath

Holding Brodie Smith and will keep Whitfield till the end

Played around and tried something a little absurd and dropped Grundy down to Pittonet. Amazing what you can do with that 550k!
Still have Ceglar in there covering Naismith atm but if Naismith comes back next round then I'd be running Pitt/Nai at R1&2.
With the money that these 2 should make over the next 6 or so weeks you could get all other rooks off the ground and still be banking a few points as they both ruck mostly solo.
Keeping Ceglar as a bit of insurance makes it seem less risky other than missing out on a couple of Grundy's likely captain scores.

Don't know how big my balls are yet but has anyone else considered this??

Bolton is a legitimate forward though and plays that role for Richmond.

Simpkin plays 100% of his TOG in North's center bounces/midfield.

I don't think they are comparable in terms of their accumulation potential.
That's exactly why ppl brought Bolton in last year.
Moved to the mids. Not fwd. (For a while anyway)

Simpkin's impressive score could easily be higher too, as an extra mark & tackle aren't out of reach.
Don't want him pinching too many points of Curtis Taylor though. Chuck him in the midfield for 90mins. Gun.

Looking at Macrae (31pts) & Whitfield's (28pts) first quarter scores makes their final score even more disappointing.
Thought they were sitting pretty at 1/4 time.

Whitfield's strength was running longer than other players, now they don't have to go 30mins deep, has he lost his edge?

Would love to have the guts to dump
Smith/Macrae/Whitfield
For
Petracca/Florent/Simpkin.

Don't know how big my balls are yet but has anyone else considered this??
Many of us did more than consider it, we did it prior to round 1.
Basically in that same spot, spending Grundy money. It was fun right up til Collingwood's round 1 game .
But it allowed me to get mid pricers like Bailey Smith, Nick Haynes & Ben Ainsworth who have been good to great so far. (And increasing in price)

That's exactly why ppl brought Bolton in last year.
Moved to the mids. Not fwd. (For a while anyway)

Simpkin's impressive score could easily be higher too, as an extra mark & tackle aren't out of reach.
Don't want him pinching too many points of Curtis Taylor though. Chuck him in the midfield for 90mins. Gun.

Looking at Macrae (31pts) & Whitfield's (28pts) first quarter scores makes their final score even more disappointing.
Thought they were sitting pretty at 1/4 time.

Whitfield's strength was running longer than other players, now they don't have to go 30mins deep, has he lost his edge?

Would love to have the guts to dump
Smith/Macrae/Whitfield
For
Petracca/Florent/Simpkin.

Yeah, but Simpkin has played in the midfield since the middle of last year since Shaw took over, it's not just the 2 games, so I wouldn't be worried about job security.

He averaged 23 touches a game during Shaw's reign last year.

He's definitely gone up a level again.

As for Taylor, he's going to unload on a huge score soon, he has only really put a half together in both matches, once he puts together a full 4qtr performance, he's going to score big....

Many of us did more than consider it, we did it prior to round 1.
Basically in that same spot, spending Grundy money. It was fun right up til Collingwood's round 1 game .
But it allowed me to get mid pricers like Bailey Smith, Nick Haynes & Ben Ainsworth who have been good to great so far. (And increasing in price)

I think I would've been happier had I not started Grundy rather than actually trading him out but those extra $$$ are so valuable. You nailed those mid pricers so far mate!
I know if I do it he's gonna go on a run of 5 games over 120pts.
Other option is dropping Whit down to Pitt and running Naismith on the bench but I also don't want that much coin on the pine...

Have gone:

Naismith > Pitt
Macpherson > McGrath (via Budarick)
McCluggage > Selwood

Wouldn't normally chase both of McGrath and Selwood but with the uncertainties with scoring etc they could potentially end up averaging close to the top 10 mids which at that price is too good to refuse!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 893791

This is something to note and keep an eye on. If Merretts heat maps continue to be like this could be a candidate for DEF status! And would be a D1 candidate!! So I think it’s something to keep track of
I *think* position status is given based on where they line up at the start of each quarter and after every goal - not where they're acquiring the ball

I'm trading Smith to Howe over Mcluggage to a mid.

Are you worried this is potentially too sideways? I’m debating the same thing but leaning more towards bont to bailey and using the extra cash for another upgrade.

Are you worried this is potentially too sideways? I’m debating the same thing but leaning more towards bont to bailey and using the extra cash for another upgrade.
I've changed my thinking for this year. Chasing onfield points and low BE. Howe in form and his BE of 16 will see him high 600s at the end of the hubs. By then we may see some DPP or clear top 6 defenders.

No idea what's going on with Brodie and I was huge on him in the PS. He still has the mid/wing role but as we've seen its the high TOG and contested players who do well in the middle (small sample size). Can he turn it around? Not too sure. Making myself re think this one!

Merrett with 1 CBA last week so either lining up wing or HBF.
Was lining up wing for nearly every bounce.

im in the boat of people looking at offloading the bulldog sook.. already have 188k, so thats looking at around 400k to spend on the two other trades if i down him to McGrath/BaileySm. Naismith/Jacobs/Ceglar fwd is my biggest problem area to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back